• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Recipes

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
We've all had them -- recipes from a friend, relative or dubious internet forum that just turned out to be so bad. Found this one today, and had to share.

ecco

Veteran Member
She posted this and got 3000 likes and smiles. So, she brought a little happiness into the lives of 3000 people. Did we?

In any case, here is the complete video. How else would you prepare and serve spaghetti for 20 - 25 people?

Erebus

This video did the rounds a while back. I don't even drink tea and yet I still winced when I saw it.

Erebus

That's nothing.
The world's most disgusting food....bar none.
Chinks eat monkey brains when the monkey is still alive and kicking.
In the video below, the monkey is actually killed first.
But in other practices, the brains are eaten while it's
still living & in an agony.

I know monkey meat is a delicacy in various places around the world but if it helps set your mind at ease, this video is a fake. It was in Faces of Death and like most of the stuff in that film, it was done using special effects and camera trickery. If I remember right, the brain they're eating is actually just cauliflower.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know monkey meat is a delicacy in various places around the world but if it helps set your mind at ease, this video is a fake. It was in Faces of Death and like most of the stuff in that film, it was done using special effects and camera trickery. If I remember right, the brain they're eating is actually just cauliflower.
I knew the vide was staged, but didn't know its source.
It's not a dish eaten by westerners (as shown in the video).

But the live monkey brain eating is indeed real.
A friend from China witnessed (but didn't partake in) it.
Top 10 Most Cruel Foods in China | ChinaWhisper

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We've all had them -- recipes from a friend, relative or dubious internet forum that just turned out to be so bad. Found this one today, and had to share.

I could see that possibly working, until I saw jarred "Prego" sauce. At that point it looked like a joke.

And it probably was. It should be easy to make such a countertop clean so that food poisoning would not be a concern. But the temperature of the food could not be properly maintained and the gross sauce just made that far too obvious.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I could see that possibly working, until I saw jarred "Prego" sauce. At that point it looked like a joke.

And it probably was. It should be easy to make such a countertop clean so that food poisoning would not be a concern. But the temperature of the food could not be properly maintained and the gross sauce just made that far too obvious.

Prego Italian sauces are made with sweet vine-ripened tomatoes and savory herbs and seasonings you can taste in every bite. Whether you're in the mood for a zesty tomato sauce or a rich, creamy Alfredo saucePrego brings irresistible taste your whole family will love.

I think this is the closest supplier to you
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Prego-Pasta-Sauce-Traditional-Italian-Tomato-Sauce-24-Ounce-Jar/10308233

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
ham-and-bananas-hollandaise.jpg

I mean, really, when? Breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner, trying to resolve a hangover, trying to discourage an unwanted suitor?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Prego Italian sauces are made with sweet vine-ripened tomatoes and savory herbs and seasonings you can taste in every bite. Whether you're in the mood for a zesty tomato sauce or a rich, creamy Alfredo saucePrego brings irresistible taste your whole family will love.

I think this is the closest supplier to you
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Prego-Pasta-Sauce-Traditional-Italian-Tomato-Sauce-24-Ounce-Jar/10308233
You get no points for quoting the jar label! You have to taste it yourself -- go on, I dare you!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This one I think takes worst recipes to a whole nother level....

Yea... eggs cooked in little boys pee.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You get no points for quoting the jar label! You have to taste it yourself -- go on, I dare you!

Have done, self catering in Florence and Naples, easily available in Italy. Really very nice, it doesn't have the sweetness of Dolmio.

Prefer homemade of course but it's not bad for a quick pasta

I can recommend it. Now can i have those points please??? Pretty please

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Have done, self catering in Florence and Naples, easily available in Italy. Really very nice, it doesn't have the sweetness of Dolmio.

Prefer homemade of course but it's not bad for a quick pasta

I can recommend it. Now can i have those points please??? Pretty please
Is a Frub equal to points? If so, you got 'em!