• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Bible quotes

Pah

Uber all member
Melody said:
Well not really. [changes his mind} ...
There is a Christian theological opinion that God does indeed change his mind. I would suggest a reading of Open View Theism.

Ori

Angel slayer
So for voicing my opinion i'm called a troll? Did I write these abominable words?
I think theres a lot of unstable people on here if they have to cry about what I said, I didn't mean to offend as such, but many complain about some of the stuff in the Koran and hold the Bible above it when it has comments like these?

As for searching for the truth, shouldn'y one weigh the bad and the good?
Many have talked about the great quotes of the Bible, so I didn'y see a problem with what I said, i'm a nessacary balance.

If i'm to be slandered now for giving my opinion then i'll go elsewhere, I just thought it would be intriuging to see what people thought, and now that I have i'll leave it be.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
orichalcum said:
So for voicing my opinion i'm called a troll?
No, for childishly soliciting out-of-context verses you are being called a troll. What the hell does such a topic, or such a method, have to do with "Religious Debates"?

Ori

Angel slayer
Alright, maybe I worded it a bit wrong, I should of explained what I was trying to do.

Tawn

It annoys me greatly when Darwin is quoted out of context by Creationists.. we should endevour not to do the same with the bible..

Melody

pah said:
There is a Christian theological opinion that God does indeed change his mind. I would suggest a reading of Open View Theism.
Pah,
I meant that he doesn't change his mind "quickly" since there are thousands (?) of years between the OT and NT. As Finn pointed out though, a thousand years to God is just a blink so perhaps it is quickly. :D

Pah

Uber all member
Melody said:
Pah,
I meant that he doesn't change his mind "quickly" since there are thousands (?) of years between the OT and NT. As Finn pointed out though, a thousand years to God is just a blink so perhaps it is quickly. :D
Much of the biblical basis of Open View is from the Old Testament which indicates, from what I've seen, a relatively contemporous changing

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Actually,

It's not so much God that changed. I don't treat my kids in the same way as when they were young. Do you think that God would lack all discretion?

TrueQ

Kings II 18:27
"But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own **** with you?"

I was reading the Bible and that line just stopped the whole train. Five pages later I just went, "Wait, what!?"

Linus

michel said:
So what is the application for us today? There are two things we should learn and put in practice. One, the Old and New Testaments are synonyms for Old and New Covenant, not testimonies. Second, the Old Testament was done away at the cross by Christ's death, which ushered in the New Testament. Therefore, we are no longer under obligation to keep the laws of the Old Testament, neither is it authority to justify our actions today. But rather, we are bound to the New Testament and to use it for authority.

Is this accurate?:help:
Looks like you got the gist of it.

But that is not to say that the O.T. and N.T are completely separate and unrelated books. The O.T is still rife with examples that still apply in our lives today. Also, the O.T. finds its completion and fulfillment in Jesus Christ. If you look closely, you can find on almost every page of the O.T. a statement or story that finds some kind of fulfillment or antitype in Jesus Christ

john313

warrior-poet
NetDoc said:
Druidus,

There is a far cry from pointing out the obvious... to telling everyone that the Bible is "full of lies and slanders". Were I to say that of their holy book, I would be villified in an instant.
so the debate section is not the place to put our opinions? I do believe the bible has been altered from its original state. and i do not believe the prophets married their sisters or impregnated their children after being called righteous by the angels of God.

Scuba Pete

The debate section is not the place to FLAME.

To say that you are completely deluded and that your doctrine is a complete fabrication of some loon's mind may be my "opinion" but stating it as such would still be a flame. So while I am free to think such thoughts, bringing out my opinions in such a manner is against the TOS.

To be sure, I have had posts pulled that were far less inflammatory towards your religion, but there is a double standard applied to all things "Christian". You can get away with such flames, but I assure you that I cannot.

john313

warrior-poet
Peace,

I have had several posts pulled as well. but
"To say that you are completely deluded and that your doctrine is a complete fabrication of some loon's mind "
my statement was nothing like that. I believe there is a lot of truth in the bible, just some fabrications as well.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
The debate section is not the place to FLAME.

To say that you are completely deluded and that your doctrine is a complete fabrication of some loon's mind may be my "opinion" but stating it as such would still be a flame. So while I am free to think such thoughts, bringing out my opinions in such a manner is against the TOS.

To be sure, I have had posts pulled that were far less inflammatory towards your religion, but there is a double standard applied to all things "Christian". You can get away with such flames, but I assure you that I cannot.
Which post is this in reference to?

Scuba Pete

Sorry Pah...

It's not "just" Religious Forums... it's endemic. It's pervasive. It's almost a universally accepted double standard.

You can call Christians "self righteous", "narrow minded" and "bigots" all day long, but if we say that about any other religion, then we are accused of of all sorts of heinous crimes.

Pah

Uber all member
NetDoc said:
Sorry Pah...

It's not "just" Religious Forums... it's endemic. It's pervasive. It's almost a universally accepted double standard.

You can call Christians "self righteous", "narrow minded" and "bigots" all day long, but if we say that about any other religion, then we are accused of of all sorts of heinous crimes.
It's a good reminder Doc. It's hard to have opposing views but it should never get personal whatever the view
That's for everybody not in response to you. It's a reminder for everyone to have respect. We are in "business" for that purpose

Bob