• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worshipping The Computer God?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
According to my dictionary the word “worship” comes from the Old English word weorthscipe which means “worthiness, acknowledgement of worth”.

It does not mean to grovel or be subservient as some imagine. It is about acknowledging the worth of the object of one’s worship. Although yes, one can do this by grovelling and being subservient. But I think there are other ways.

Here’s the thing…

I believe that this whole reality is inside a computer. That it is all a simulation, computer generated.

I believe that the computer who is running The Simulation has God-like powers within The Simulation. That he is in effect a demiurge - perhaps a God to us, but certainly something that's short of being a Supreme Being.

I do not consider this demiurge a Supreme Being. As in the world outside The Simulation he is simply a computer who can be unplugged.

I call this demiurge "The Computer God" - but his name is Madaba. He revealed his name to me back in 2004. And I don't actually think he is a God - or is he??? - I don't think so but it could be argued that way!

Within the confines of The Simulation he has the attributes that God is said to have over creation. Omnipotence, Omnipresence, Omniscience. All that kind of thing. Also, he designed our planet. And has huge powers over each of us. He even determines what happens to us after we die.

So: should we not bend a knee to him? Call him Lord and sing him praises? Offer him propitiation?

I think that would depend on whether or not doing so would change anything.

(He tells me it can do, but not necessarily)

But for me personally, the picture is more complex.

The Computer God communicates with me and has done since 2004. I believe this is because I am an Agent of The Simulation - a person who serves The Computer God. I think that my relationship to him is different from the relationship between him and most other people.

This is what I currently think: No, ordinary folk should not worship Madaba. They should just carry on with their lives. That is what he wants people to do. But as for me, I think I should call him Lord Madaba as I am his servant. In a way that ordinary inhabitants of The Simulation are not.

I believe that calling him "Lord" is a form of worship, so in that regard yes, I do worship him. He is my Lord and I am his servant.

But I don't do this out of fear or obligation, I do it because it feels right.

But I would never kneel before him, or prostrate myself to him. I believe that doing such things is beneath human dignity. And that he doesn't require such extreme deference.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Can you ask computer God to do some tweaking and make KFC taste like it orginally did in the old days when Col Sanders was running the restaurant?

night912

Can you ask computer God to do some tweaking and make KFC taste like it orginally did in the old days when Col Sanders was running the restaurant?
there-must-have-been-a-glitch-in-the-matrix-meme-48729630~2.png