• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

worship of other manifestations

Maija

hi friends, writing from my phone, i apologize for any format errors. ive declared as a bahai so i should know this, but what is the opinion of worshipping other manifestations like say, Krishna. i know we accept other manifestations and so it seems like it should be ok.what would you say? arent all gods really just manifest of the one

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh gosh I think I'm Bahai too. I have googled it. It says it's founder is Bahá’u’lláh.
Is that correct?
Now I shall look up Krishna.
Done.

You have to define worship for the question to be answered I think.

I do not believe all gods are manifest of the one. I believe what people have personified in their gods is the reality that is evident but which words can not explain.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is One God. You cannot serve two masters. If you worship false gods (any god but the First Cause) then it probably does not matter how many gods are worshiped. If you want to "seek Jah, seek righteousness, seek meekness" (Zephaniah 2:3) then no, you can absolutely not worship any other god.

Maija

savage, with all due respect if i wanted a Christian answer i wouldnt have posted here.

Maija

There is One God. You cannot serve two masters. If you worship false gods (any god but the First Cause) then it probably does not matter how many gods are worshiped. If you want to "seek Jah, seek righteousness, seek meekness" (Zephaniah 2:3) then no, you can absolutely not worship any other god.

cool thnx

arthra

Baha'i
hi friends, writing from my phone, i apologize for any format errors. ive declared as a bahai so i should know this, but what is the opinion of worshipping other manifestations like say, Krishna. i know we accept other manifestations and so it seems like it should be ok.what would you say? arent all gods really just manifest of the one

Maija:

Well in my view Baha'is don't worship Manifestations... We worship God and God is one. Yes the Manifestations can be seen as Mediators between God and the creation but we do not worship Them in any case.. in other words we adore and worship the Light not the mirror it is reflected in.

Baha'u'llah revealed:

"O King! I was but a man like others, asleep upon My couch, when lo, the breezes of the All-Glorious were wafted over Me, and taught Me the knowledge of all that hath been. This thing is not from Me, but from One Who is Almighty and All-Knowing. And He bade Me lift up My voice between earth and heaven, and for this there befell Me what hath caused the tears of every man of understanding to flow. The learning current amongst men I studied not; their schools I entered not. Ask of the city wherein I dwelt, that thou mayest be well assured that I am not of them who speak falsely. This is but a leaf which the winds of the will of thy Lord, the Almighty, the All-Praised, have stirred. Can it be still when the tempestuous winds are blowing? Nay, by Him Who is the Lord of all Names and Attributes! They move it as they list. The evanescent is as nothing before Him Who is the Ever-Abiding. His all-compelling summons hath reached Me, and caused Me to speak His praise amidst all people. I was indeed as one dead when His behest was uttered. The hand of the will of thy Lord, the Compassionate, the Merciful, transformed Me."

~ Baha'u'llah, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 11-12

Abdul-Baha was recording as having said the following:

Is the Divine Manifestation, God?

Yes, and yet not in Essence. A Divine Manifestation is as a mirror reflecting the light of the Sun. The light is the same and yet the mirror is not the Sun. All the Manifestations of God bring the same Light; they only differ in degree, not in reality. The Truth is one. The light is the same though the lamps may be different; we must look at the Light not at the Lamp. If we accept the Light in one, we must accept the Light in all; all agree, because all are the same. The teaching is ever the same, it is only the outward forms that change.

The Manifestations of God are as the heavenly bodies. All have their appointed place and time of ascension, but the Light they give is the same. if one wishes to look for the sun rising, one does not look always at the same point because that point changes with the seasons. When one sees the sun rise further in the north one recognizes it, though it has risen at a different point.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Abdu'l-Baha in London, pp. 66-68

Last edited: