• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worried for men/women

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I try not to concern myself with Reddit too much, but there's a subreddit in which people write letters asking for friends/relationships which concerns me that offline society might be growing to be the same. If you need the name of the subreddit, lemme know and I will PM it to you.

Anyway, this subreddit gets a lot of topics from men and women alike. I'd say an equal amount of interesting topics asking for friends/relationships between the two genders. The subreddit itself is pretty harmless by itself, but...

Each females gets 20 replies to their threads, with at least three of those replies saying "I'm up for it." to the female's request of friendship or dating.

If you state you're a male, you get 0 replies, even if you look like Brad Pitt, are a good writer, and post said pictures looking great. Okay if you truly are Brad Pitt in the flesh, you will get 1-2 replies. I don't doubt that.

Things just concern me as I feel the power dynamic has been transferred even more to females in the past 10 years as I've seen it. There are no checks and balances because most of the men with a heart will do anything. So women if they want to, and not all of them are this dishonest, I guarantee it, but still many 20 year old women with a pretty face.... will feel entitled and take these men for all they're worth. It's even kind of getting to the point where FinDOMs exist, a BDSM term for a woman who dominates a man's money and is open about it. Usually a willing man's money but they pay her expecting a connection because she leads it on, then the woman leaves as soon as they have the money.

74x12

I try not to concern myself with Reddit too much, but there's a subreddit in which people write letters asking for friends/relationships which concerns me that offline society might be growing to be the same. If you need the name of the subreddit, lemme know and I will PM it to you.

Anyway, this subreddit gets a lot of topics from men and women alike. I'd say an equal amount of interesting topics asking for friends/relationships between the two genders. The subreddit itself is pretty harmless by itself, but...

Each females gets 20 replies to their threads, with at least three of those replies saying "I'm up for it." to the female's request of friendship or dating.

If you state you're a male, you get 0 replies, even if you look like Brad Pitt, are a good writer, and post said pictures looking great. Okay if you truly are Brad Pitt in the flesh, you will get 1-2 replies. I don't doubt that.

Things just concern me as I feel the power dynamic has been transferred even more to females in the past 10 years as I've seen it. There are no checks and balances because most of the men with a heart will do anything. So women if they want to, and not all of them are this dishonest, I guarantee it, but still many 20 year old women with a pretty face.... will feel entitled and take these men for all they're worth. It's even kind of getting to the point where FinDOMs exist, a BDSM term for a woman who dominates a man's money and is open about it. Usually a willing man's money but they pay her expecting a connection because she leads it on, then the woman leaves as soon as they have the money.
Well let's think about demographics. How many women will even go on this subreddit?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Things just concern me as I feel the power dynamic has been transferred even more to females in the past 10 years as I've seen it.

It has always been this way. Men have always been expected to be bold and pursue while the woman are to be chased. Woman (usually) don't approach or take any chances at being rejected, they sit and wait, and do the rejecting.

. It's even kind of getting to the point where FinDOMs exist, a BDSM term for a woman who dominates a man's money and is open about it. Usually a willing man's money but they pay her expecting a connection because she leads it on, then the woman leaves as soon as they have the money.

Unfortunately this is the majority of what dating is nowadays. Though it may not necessarily be about money, other objectives may be in play, but for the most part yes. There is always and angle, always a goal, the man is just and means to an end.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
True Enoch, though I think the dynamic has gotten a bit worse since I was 20, which was 10 years ago. I had internet then too. Though I wasn't on this subreddit. But to compare another site which seems a little better only slightly, with what is was in the past... yeah. It's gotten worse.

Road Less Traveled

Whackadoodle narratives going around trying to empower the female gender, while hiding behind ‘equality’ phrases and words. Most people are so far from equilibrium themselves that it’s always been difficult for most to discern what is even ‘equal.’

Men and women equality has always been off base, with power and control struggles. Now the new narratives just add more distortions, and more strife in relations.

The power of the you know what has always controlled many boys in ways, now it’s even worse with the new empowering narrative.

There are many genuine things that have brought more genuine equality, which is good. But those are to little avail if there are narratives that empower either over the other. Mental assaults everywhere. And these influences do work on many. Most are completely ignorant to this, don’t care, have bad selfishness, and think it as just the norm anyhow because that’s what the herd does.

My best advice for anyone decent and genuine looking to date or seek a relationship would be to find someone who has very little conditions for the other outside of morale and character, perhaps hygiene, and wait on the sex. There are just too many inauthentic people that know how to lie, deceive, speak extremely well and say all of the right things, have poor motives, or bad selfish agendas that anything else will lead to troubles and redundant failures. And the sex too soon always clouds judgements, and brings bad emotions too quickly. Too easy to con and deceive the ‘good’ in people. With initial patience, and a good intuition, true colors and red flags in the other will show sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member

Rational Agnostic

From an evolutionary standpoint, it makes sense for women to be more selective than men. It's not fair, but then again, life isn't fair. A woman can only have 10-20 children in a lifetime, while one man can father thousands. As a result, women are biologically programmed to be more selective in choosing a partner than men, to ensure that their offspring have the highest chances for survival. It sucks for most men, but it's the way it is.

Rational Agnostic

Unfortunately this is the majority of what dating is nowadays. Though it may not necessarily be about money, other objectives may be in play, but for the most part yes. There is always and angle, always a goal, the man is just and means to an end.

Except the "findom" he is alluding to is not "dating." It is literally men paying women money for NOTHING in return, not even sexy pictures, but simply willingly paying them because they ask for money. It's all over Twitter (what can I say, I spend too much time on the Internet). It seems very strange that some guys actually do this. The only thing that I can figure is that they have no social interaction whatsoever with attractive women in their daily lives and due to the scarcity they have somehow elevated women to be perfect angels in their minds.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Except the "findom" he is alluding to is not "dating."

Unfortunately that is what dating has devolved into. Ever heard of a "foody call"? Its where women call up guys for a date, just go get a free meal. They have no intentions of starting a relationship, they just want a nice free meal.

It is literally men paying women money for NOTHING in return, not even sexy pictures, but simply willingly paying them because they ask for money.

Yeah that's dating nowadays. You should get out more.

The only thing that I can figure is that they have no social interaction whatsoever with attractive women in their daily lives and due to the scarcity they have somehow elevated women to be perfect angels in their minds.

That is a ridiculous notion. You may view women that way, but that doesn't mean all men do.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
That is a ridiculous notion. You may view women that way, but that doesn't mean all men do.

Your other statements were good, but when Hubert stated "Some men these days [are white knights] seeing women as perfect angels and pouring out their pocketbooks at them just because", he was correct.

Rational Agnostic

Unfortunately that is what dating has devolved into. Ever heard of a "foody call"? Its where women call up guys for a date, just go get a free meal. They have no intentions of starting a relationship, they just want a nice free meal.

Findom is when men pay women they've never met money. Similar to modern dating, but even more pathetic.

I never said that all men do. I said that the men who pay women on the Internet money for nothing must view women that way.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Your other statements were good, but when Hubert stated "Some men these days [are white knights] seeing women as perfect angels and pouring out their pocketbooks at them just because", he was correct.

White knight syndrome has nothing to do with seeing women as angels.

The White Knight Syndrome

Educate yourself.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The only way you would know that is if you are guilty of it.

Does not compute. Lol.

I mean, a person can join certain BDSM sites and get more education on Findoms than they ever wanted. Without supporting Findoms financially.

Though one can always argue that "takes one to know one" applies to men who happen to view the profiles of Findoms but don't care for such beliefs. But that's a stretch of the imagination.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Does not compute. Lol.

Of course not, you probably have never participated in any of this stuff.

I mean, a person can join certain BDSM sites and get more education on Findoms than they ever wanted. Without supporting Findoms financially.

Education from the pov of findoms. Of course their pov is going to be that. That is how they justify what they do. The only way you could know what a man thinks that does these things is to be that man.

Though one can always argue that "takes one to know one" applies to men who happen to view the profiles of Findoms but don't care for such beliefs. But that's a stretch of the imagination.

Your really stretching now.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Enoch does have a point. I have given women money and consideration even in times I should not have.

I'm still not happy about him being right and getting one over on me, though. Lol.