• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World's worst philosopher

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Well it's always worth a look as to what most of the more prominent philosophers in history have contributed (or not), but I still seem to have gotten more from Russell than any other - with more an interest than study being involved. Peterson is bright enough but perhaps should stick to psychology.

Jordan Peterson is quite clearly a remarkably intelligent fellow and he does seem to do a bit better in psychology.

However, he has sort of become the laughingstock of social psychology among actual academics, from what I've seen, which is probably what drove him into the self-help and pop philosophy industry

Peterson might just be taking a leap into absurdity in order to pave the way for someone else to come by and clean up his ideas into something genuinely insightful and revolutionary. I just don't think Peterson himself will be leading that charge.