• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

world will end 2012? obama the anti christ?

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Do you think all those are hallucinations then? I think that most of them are God showing Himself in different ways. I'm sure some are false but all of them?
alien sightings, yeti sightings, elf sightings, etc. there are many reasons this likely falhoods are 'seen'.

danny vee

alien sightings, yeti sightings, elf sightings, etc. there are many reasons this likely falhoods are 'seen'.

So when thousands of people saw the Virgin Mary in Zeitoun, Egypt in the 60's and 70's it was a false alarm?! When thousands more witnessed a promised miracle at the exact moment promised in Fatima, Portugal in the 1917 it was just false?! I don't think so. Sure thousands have seen aliens too. Who said we were the only forms of life God loved?

Heneni

Miss Independent
If by meek you mean humble then I would think yes. What do you mean by "this one" though?

I mean this one...this earth...

If we are to inherit an earth, hopefully its the new earth. :)

And that...does not quite link in to the theme of this thread, but i dare say...that in order to inherit a new earth...someone/something has to die first.

The new earth, is birthed by the old one. The bible says that the whole creation is growing and travailing, like a women in childbirth.

heneni

Luminous

non-existential luminary
So when thousands of people saw the Virgin Mary in Zeitoun, Egypt in the 60's and 70's it was a false alarm?! When thousands more witnessed a promised miracle at the exact moment promised in Fatima, Portugal in the 1917 it was just false?! I don't think so. Sure thousands have seen aliens too. Who said we were the only forms of life God loved?
I didn't see her... and there is no proof.
...and i don't believe in aliens.

Last edited:

Luminous

non-existential luminary
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...
<--- Click.

Those scientist fellas are at it again. It's not global warming this time, but cracks in our magnetic solar defences. Scientists have noticed a kind of "build up" of solar wind in our magnetic field which they expect to cause some trouble in the form of solar storms when the next batch of solar activity kicks off in, you guessed, 2012.

"You can sort of compare [the situation] to a gas stove," said one of the scientist fellows "If you turn on the gas and you light it right away, nothing will happen&#8212;the gas stove will go on and there will be a flame. But if you turn on a gas stove and you don't do anything for a while and then you throw in a match, what will happen? It will say, Boom!"

I wasn't aware that gas stoves could talk, but apparently scientific ones do. If you are concerned, solar storms&#8212;when explosions from the sun send blasts of charged particles toward Earth&#8212;can cause satellites to malfunction, threaten spacewalkers, and wipe out power grids.

I don't often go for space walks so I'm not TOO concerned...

Luminous

non-existential luminary
The Mayan calendar ends its cycle in dec 21, 2012. the graph of the i ching ends at dec 21 2012. robo soft ware(web bots) points to an end in 2012. various other 'sources' say the end is in 'our time'.
some scientist think of a reversal of Earth's polarity could be the end of us. others think that a weakening in the magnetic shield cupled with increased solar 'activity'(of a certain type, ithink solar storms) will drive humanity mad, literally affecting our brains. some say the cause would be the solar alignment with the milkyway's blackhole. who knows?
it is also called the winter soltice of 2012. it is believed that the winter solstice is the time of year where the spirits have the strongest ability to act upon this world.

history ------ try to watch all 5 videos. you can find each part in the 'related videos' tab.
This is what is say.

GoD noCtiS

the book of revelations in the christian bible depicts a prediction of the end of the current heaven and earth to make way for a new. the apocalypse is real and the events in the book were predicted to happen at the end of 2012. obama, however, is not the antichrist. the antichrist is a man who will allegedly come to power in the middle east. all who refuse his mark shall perish. 666, the mark of the beast. but not 666 in succession as we write it. if anyone's seen the anime 'naruto' the character sasuke gets embedded with a mark on his neck. it is a sequence of 6's. 3, that sort of spiral inward. that is what the mark is expected to look like.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
the book of revelations in the christian bible depicts a prediction of the end of the current heaven and earth to make way for a new. the apocalypse is real and the events in the book were predicted to happen at the end of 2012. obama, however, is not the antichrist. the antichrist is a man who will allegedly come to power in the middle east. all who refuse his mark shall perish. 666, the mark of the beast. but not 666 in succession as we write it. if anyone's seen the anime 'naruto' the character sasuke gets embedded with a mark on his neck. it is a sequence of 6's. 3, that sort of spiral inward. that is what the mark is expected to look like.
:(: How wrong you are.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
666, the mark of the Beast (Anti-Christ) in Revelation is described as the name of a man and is the product of Hebrew Numerology. So lets take a look at what it actually is:

&#1504; = 50
&#1512; = 200
&#1493; = 6
&#1504; = 50
&#1511; = 100
&#1501;=60
&#1512; = 200

This spells "nrwn qsr", Hebrew for "Neron Kesar" which, when translated, means Nero Caesar. The description of the Beast, among other things, points directly to Nero and the Roman Empire but, as if that isn't enough, we also have translation on our side. Greek manuscripts of Revelation have the number 616 instead of 666. Why? Because the Latin form of Nero Caesar adds up to 616. This proves that even the ancients understood the mark of the Beast to be a reference to Nero Caesar.

Lets also take a look at just one of those "other things":

In Revelation chapter 17 we read of a beast with seven heads and a woman sitting upon it. An angel deciphers it's meaning in verses 9-18. The angel says that the seven heads represent seven hills and seven kings (also that five have fallen, one still reigns, and one is yet to come but reigns for only a short time) and the woman represents a great city which rules over all kingdoms. So what does this mean?

Seven Hills = The seven hills of Rome. (Cermalus, Cispius, Fagutal, Oppius, Palatium, Sucusa and Velia)

Five Fallen Kings = The predecessors of Nero. (Julius, Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, and Claudius)

One King That Is = The current Caesar when John was writing Revelation. (Nero)

One King That Will Be But Reigns For Only A Short Time = Nero's successor. (Galba, who reigned for only 7 months and 7 days)

The Woman That Is A City = The city of Rome itself.

And why shouldn't it be Nero and the Roman Empire? Afterall, Jesus did tell the apostles that what people describe as "the end times" would come during their generation. (See Matthew chapter 24, Mark chapter 13, and Luke Chapter 21). Seems to me that these prophecies aren't about the end of the world and the literal return of Christ at all but the end of the persecution of Christians and the establishment of Christianity as a major world religion.

The idea that Obama is the Anti-Christ described in Revelation is laughable and only circulated by those who hate him. Don't believe them.
here you go.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...
<--- Click.

Those scientist fellas are at it again. It's not global warming this time, but cracks in our magnetic solar defences. Scientists have noticed a kind of "build up" of solar wind in our magnetic field which they expect to cause some trouble in the form of solar storms when the next batch of solar activity kicks off in, you guessed, 2012.

"You can sort of compare [the situation] to a gas stove," said one of the scientist fellows "If you turn on the gas and you light it right away, nothing will happen&#8212;the gas stove will go on and there will be a flame. But if you turn on a gas stove and you don't do anything for a while and then you throw in a match, what will happen? It will say, Boom!"

I wasn't aware that gas stoves could talk, but apparently scientific ones do. If you are concerned, solar storms&#8212;when explosions from the sun send blasts of charged particles toward Earth&#8212;can cause satellites to malfunction, threaten spacewalkers, and wipe out power grids.

I don't often go for space walks so I'm not TOO concerned...

Quote:
Will the Year 2012 Bring a Polar Shift?

who knows?

The Mayan calendar ends its cycle in dec 21, 2012. the graph of the "i Qing" ends at dec 21 2012. robo soft ware(web bots) points to an end in 2012. various other 'sources' say the end is in 'our time'.
some scientist think of a reversal of Earth's polarity could be the end of us. others think that a weakening in the magnetic shield cupled with increased solar 'activity'(of a certain type, ithink solar storms) will drive humanity mad, literally affecting our brains. some say the cause would be the solar alignment with the milkyway's blackhole. who knows?
Dec 21, 2012 is also called the winter soltice of 2012. it is believed that the winter solstice is the time of year where the spirits have the strongest ability to act upon this world.

history ------ try to watch all 5 videos. you can find each part in the 'related videos' tab.

Last edited:

lizzymae_7

Im not too religous, but i find it interesting how pieces from different religions seem to fit together and complement each other. I believe we as humans cannot comprehend the sepreme being whether it be God or another figure if even a figure at all. I find it very coincidental that the bible, the mayan beliefs, and other prophecies were made by Nostradomis and even Moahammed that seem to all point in one direction. The world will end and some evil figure giving a sense of false hope and very decieving will bring the world together only to bring it down. Whether this figure is the Antichrist is up to you to decide. Now to the point I'm not sure if Obama is the anitchrist, but when I hear that guy speak it is like he is telling us what we want to hear in an attempt to achieve power. I think he is lair making promises that are almost impossible to keep. He is not good no matter what, antichrist or not. I would recommend looking up Revelations or just read it for yourself out of any Christian bible. Also be sure to look up Mayan beliefs, Nostradomis and Moahammed, correalating to the apocalipse. Sorry for any misspellings not my best subject. Have a great day, long live mankind.
Liz