• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

world will end 2012? obama the anti christ?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The question again...

"How did moral conscience evolve from pre-biotic compounds?"

The trivial pursuit has been fun but come on now. Please quit attempting to say Asparagine and Glutamine were fighting and Tyrosine stole away with conscience and passed it on to a bacterium (natural selection)... moralality (?) it doesn't hold water.

The concept of morality didn't exist in nature until a sapient species (i.e. us) evolved that was capable of forming and utilizing ethics. It has to do with brains, not bacterium. Anyone who believes in a literal interpretation of the bible has absolutely no place saying whether or not something else "holds water", because their own beliefs require an abandonment of critical reasoning.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Boom De Ah Dah, Boom De Ah Dah, Boom De Ah Dah, Boom De Ah Dah;
Boom De Ah Dah, Boom De Ah Dah, Boom De Ah Dah, BOOM.

crystalonyx

If by the world "ending", you mean the end of mankind, then the rest of life on earth could well be better off.

Godslove

True Follower
I continuously hear people talk about the world ending in 2012, and that obama is the anti christ...?

i know its nuts..but my question, is where are these beliefs derived from?

what does the bible talk about when referring to the anti christ? are there specifics even mentioned about his qualities/rise to power?

where do people derive the idea that the world will end 2012? is it because the myan calendar ends at that point in time?
Those that say the world will end in the year 2012 have no understanding of what they are talking about. For dose not the Bible say that we will see the last days when there will be great destruction a pond the earth before the second coming. People must under stand that the earth is slowing shifting it position so there will be a new North pole South pole For I live in the North were we have about 6 to 7 months of winter .I will tell you there are changes happening here and I see what is going on .just to note I have never lived any were else and was born in the north 47 years ago . In the last 19 years I have witnessed many changes in our weather. I have been let known by God that the earth is shifting position.. They talk Global warming but take no thought to ask God ,to what is going on so they do not under stand. These are they that are foolish and deceive the rest of the world. The WORLD will change as we know it . It is coming very soon .Russia will come through when all the Ice will melt and war against the US. God has let me know this and strange I had friend tell me the same thing that day. And she told me the same thing. Coincidence I think not there is no such thing, if something is meant to happen it will. For God gives understanding to those that ask. knock and he shell answer Amen

danny vee

Those that say the world will end in the year 2012 have no understanding of what they are talking about. For dose not the Bible say that we will see the last days when there will be great destruction a pond the earth before the second coming. People must under stand that the earth is slowing shifting it position so there will be a new North pole South pole For I live in the North were we have about 6 to 7 months of winter .I will tell you there are changes happening here and I see what is going on .just to note I have never lived any were else and was born in the north 47 years ago . In the last 19 years I have witnessed many changes in our weather. I have been let known by God that the earth is shifting position.. They talk Global warming but take no thought to ask God ,to what is going on so they do not under stand. These are they that are foolish and deceive the rest of the world. The WORLD will change as we know it . It is coming very soon .Russia will come through when all the Ice will melt and war against the US. God has let me know this and strange I had friend tell me the same thing that day. And she told me the same thing. Coincidence I think not there is no such thing, if something is meant to happen it will. For God gives understanding to those that ask. knock and he shell answer Amen

I agree with you that there is no such thing as a coincidence. I noticed how laughable the case of atheists is getting when I read about what happened in Portugal about 90 years ago. There were three children that claimed the Virgin Mary appeared to them on the 13th day of every month, and they promised she would make a miracle on the 13th of October. On that day, about 70 000 people gathered at a square in Fatima and waited. At the exact moment when she promised, the sun started shifting and changing colours and spinning. Sound ridiculous? Ok but thousands of people testified to seeing it. Even those who hadn't been expecting anything and were about 40 km away said they saw it. Atheists say it was a coincidence... If you're looking for probabilities, then I'd say that the chance of a happening like this at exactly the moment promised, for it to be a mere coincidence? Also there's Our Lady of Zeitoun, Padre Pio, Paul's First Epistle to the Corinthians Chapter 15... All lies? All deception? I think not. My great granddad was there when the Miracle of the Sun happened. He testified. People are so skeptic of God these days. They won't believe almost anything you tell them. There are people saying the Holocaust never happened. We forget easily... Yikes...

danny vee

It's kind of hard to attack "the truth" when you've yet to present anything remotely resembling it.

Here you're wrong. There's enough presenting it. Search and you will discover. Seriously. Look around the Internet for Virgin Mary sightings, and stuff like that you'll find loads of stuff. And then there's letters written by Paul, and still you deny the truth of it cuz you're not100% sure?! You can't be 100% sure of anything. Your life could just be a dream a hallucination. Is that what you think ALL of these sightings are? Hallucinations? Yikes...

danny vee

666, the mark of the Beast (Anti-Christ) in Revelation is described as the name of a man and is the product of Hebrew Numerology. So lets take a look at what it actually is:

נ = 50
ר = 200
ו = 6
נ = 50
ק = 100
ם=60
ר = 200

This spells "nrwn qsr", Hebrew for "Neron Kesar" which, when translated, means Nero Caesar. The description of the Beast, among other things, points directly to Nero and the Roman Empire but, as if that isn't enough, we also have translation on our side. Greek manuscripts of Revelation have the number 616 instead of 666. Why? Because the Latin form of Nero Caesar adds up to 616. This proves that even the ancients understood the mark of the Beast to be a reference to Nero Caesar.

Lets also take a look at just one of those "other things":

In Revelation chapter 17 we read of a beast with seven heads and a woman sitting upon it. An angel deciphers it's meaning in verses 9-18. The angel says that the seven heads represent seven hills and seven kings (also that five have fallen, one still reigns, and one is yet to come but reigns for only a short time) and the woman represents a great city which rules over all kingdoms. So what does this mean?

Seven Hills = The seven hills of Rome. (Cermalus, Cispius, Fagutal, Oppius, Palatium, Sucusa and Velia)

Five Fallen Kings = The predecessors of Nero. (Julius, Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, and Claudius)

One King That Is = The current Caesar when John was writing Revelation. (Nero)

One King That Will Be But Reigns For Only A Short Time = Nero's successor. (Galba, who reigned for only 7 months and 7 days)

The Woman That Is A City = The city of Rome itself.

And why shouldn't it be Nero and the Roman Empire? Afterall, Jesus did tell the apostles that what people describe as "the end times" would come during their generation. (See Matthew chapter 24, Mark chapter 13, and Luke Chapter 21). Seems to me that these prophecies aren't about the end of the world and the literal return of Christ at all but the end of the persecution of Christians and the establishment of Christianity as a major world religion.

The idea that Obama is the Anti-Christ described in Revelation is laughable and only circulated by those who hate him. Don't believe them.

That is the only reason I can think of. A lot of people don't understand that just because the Mayan Long Count Calendar ends at 2012 doesn't mean that the Mayan's believe that the world would end in 2012. It represented the end of a cycle of creation and the beginning of a new one and there are Mayan Calendars which go all the way into the 4000's.

Thanks for writing that it cleared some stuff up!

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Here you're wrong. There's enough presenting it. Search and you will discover. Seriously. Look around the Internet for Virgin Mary sightings, and stuff like that you'll find loads of stuff. And then there's letters written by Paul, and still you deny the truth of it cuz you're not100% sure?! You can't be 100% sure of anything. Your life could just be a dream a hallucination. Is that what you think ALL of these sightings are? Hallucinations? Yikes...
Yeah, there were also Apollo sightings, Hades sightings, Zues sightings...
whatever... untill i see it then i don't have to believe it.( even then i don't have to believe it; i see many things that are lies.)

gnostic

The Lost One
In the 9th and 10th centuries CE, Christians across Western Europe thought the world have come to the end, and Jesus' 2nd Coming is near when the Vikings raided their towns and villages. But all for naught.

The same with the year 1000, and you would have not seen how many people fast and prayed prior and during that year.

In England, the Saxons thought it was so with coming of the Normans and the Battle of Hastings. Again, nothing happened. No Jesus. No end of the world, but a whole lot of people did die.

Then there was the Black Death that did kill 30% to 60% in Europe with the bubonic plague. But that turned out to be false alarm too.

Then the year 2000 arrived and gone without so much as piffle or a sniffle.

There was also concern when a number of planets were aligned, and people began fasting and praying fanatically, making unnecessary preparation, such as storing food/blankets, etc, and hiding in their home-made bomb-shelters. But what came out of that, except that a number of people made complete fools out of themselves.

The year 2012 is not the year that Christians have based their prediction, but there are some groups out there would pick 2012 as any other date to cry "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"

I am afraid that those doomsday Christians (not all Christians have such superstition as these other crazy Christians) have cried wolf to many times for anyone to believe.

George Bush was seen as the anti-Christ by some groups, just have they now with Obama. But there have been other anti-christs in past history too, like Genghis Khan, Napoleon, Hitler and that Iranian leader in the 70s-80s. We will receive many false alarms. Some American baptists who believed in George Bush, had also believed that Saddam Hussein was one too.

Last edited:

danny vee

In the 9th and 10th centuries CE, Christians across Western Europe thought the world have come to the end, and Jesus' 2nd Coming is near when the Vikings raided their towns and villages. But all for naught.

The same with the year 1000, and you would have not seen how many people fast and prayed prior and during that year.

In England, the Saxons thought it was so with coming of the Normans and the Battle of Hastings. Again, nothing happened.

Then there was the Black Death that did kill 30% to 60% in Europe with the bubonic plague. But that turned out to be false alarm too.

Then the year 2000 arrived and gone without so much as piffle or a sniffle.

There was also concern when a number of planets were aligned, and people began fasting and praying fanatically, making unnecessary preparation, such as storing food/blankets, etc, and hiding in their home-made bomb-shelters. But what came out of that, except that a number of people made complete fools out of themselves.

The year 2012 is not the year that Christians have based their prediction, but there are some groups out there would pick 2012 as any other date to cry "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"

I am afraid that those doomsday Christians (not all Christians have such superstition as these other crazy Christians) have cried wolf to many times for anyone to believe.

George Bush was seen as the anti-Christ by some groups, just have they now with Obama. But there have been other anti-christs in past history too, like Genghis Khan, Napoleon, Hitler and that Iranian leader in the 70s-80s. We will receive many false alarms. Some American baptists who believed in George Bush, had also believed that Saddam Hussein was one too.

Yes well when people say "there it is it is here" don't listen to them. Christ will come like a thief when we least expect it.

danny vee

Yeah, there were also Apollo sightings, Hades sightings, Zues sightings...
whatever... untill i see it then i don't have to believe it.( even then i don't have to believe it; i see many things that are lies.)

Do you think all those are hallucinations then? I think that most of them are God showing Himself in different ways. I'm sure some are false but all of them?

danny vee

Only people who feel don't feel like living want the world to end.

How can you be sure of that? How can you just say that? People want the world to end cuz of different reasons. Some maybe because of that. Some because they believe they'll go to a better place when the world ends. When we become too possessive with this world what happens? We get greedy, we become afraid of death, utterly obsessed with life, we start living for the sake of living? Is it that great living here? Do you believe in life after death?