• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

world will end 2012? obama the anti christ?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]On 21 October 1844, thousands of Americans left their homes and went outside to wait for the end of the world. For 12 years their leader, William Miller, had been preaching that the Big Day was near, and now it had arrived. God was coming to punish the wicked and take the faithful to paradise, and Miller's followers wanted to be first in line. They gathered in the pastures and climbed hills, singing, praying, rejoicing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The next morning the Millerites came down from the hills, brokenhearted. The world was still here, and so were they. History books call it "the Great Disappointment."[/FONT]

Christians are the masters of the end of days :D

the world was to end at 666, at 999, at 1666, at 1999, at 2000.

1tim115

doppelgänger;1357161 said:
Really?! Who wrote 2 Timothy? And how do you know?

I will answer your questions if you can answer my question and answer factually.

How did moral conscience evolve from pre-biotic compounds?

Last edited:

Luminous

non-existential luminary
where do people derive the idea that the world will end 2012? is it because the myan calendar ends at that point in time?
The Mayan calendar ends its cycle in dec 21, 2012. the graph of the i ching ends at dec 21 2012. robo soft ware(web bots) points to an end in 2012. various other 'sources' say the end is in 'our time'.
some scientist think of a reversal of Earth's polarity could be the end of us. others think that a weakening in the magnetic shield cupled with increased solar 'activity'(of a certain type, ithink solar storms) will drive humanity mad, literally affecting our brains. some say the cause would be the solar alignment with the milkyway's blackhole. who knows?
it is also called the winter soltice of 2012. it is believed that the winter solstice is the time of year where the spirits have the strongest ability to act upon this world.

history ------ try to watch all 5 videos. you can find each part in the 'related videos' tab.

Last edited:

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Is this the same Nietzsche, who once declared, "god is dead," is himself dead of venereal disease and mental breakdown?
No he's not dead. He plays chess with God on the beach in Corona del Mar every evening as the sun sets. And they talk about reality television and drink stouts.

A

angellous_evangellous

doppelgänger;1357802 said:
No he's not dead. He plays chess with God on the beach in Corona del Mar every evening as the sun sets. And they talk about reality television and drink stouts.

I imagine him sitting at the left hand of the Father.

Between the Spirit and Nietzsche, I bet they can think of some damn good jokes.

A

angellous_evangellous

doppelgänger;1357805 said:
So that means God would be sitting your right hand side?

Hahaha - no, that's too much for me.

I imagine Jesus on the right, God in the middle, and Nietzsche on the left (playing chess as the sun goes down...). :shrug:

I'm here at my desk.:p

A

angellous_evangellous

I bet God has Nietzsche just outside the pearly gates harassing people just before they go inside. haha