• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World War Three

Has WW3 started?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I think such reasoning is rather dangerous. A war is when people are being killed.

I almost forgot. I grew up during the "Cold War" so my childhood and young adulthood was all about a different kind of war - not the shooting kind.

So history also disagrees with your assertion.

amorphous_constellation

I almost forgot. I grew up during the "Cold War" so my childhood and young adulthood was all about a different kind of war - not the shooting kind.

yeah and did you protest vietnam or didn't you. I read that the hippies didn't want all this war

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Rich men. Humans. Claim they preach rich men cause wars to be richer. How to become richer.

An American belief I don't believe history of a rich man fair English UK inferred as they were still taking money out of America.

Really English brothers...no now we are a small world community I tell lies myself.

Rich men shouldn't be allowed to get richer. Self included.

Most men in assessing their spiritual earth God O life purpose. Never self assess as everyone else is always wrong.

Today Vladimir reflects upon Vladimir.

Two brothers.

As conscious worlds family in our correct country positions is the nation. We represent by nation each parent.

American native Indian parent is America's nation.

All great parents need to meet from every nation as the great parents we know they are. To settle families dispute.

Leave out war mongers.
Leave out the rich business man.
Let family speak for itself for once.

exchemist

Veteran Member

I grew up during the cold war as well. It was the longest period of peacetime in Europe in the c.20th.

"Cold war" was a metaphorical term, invented by Orwell and subsequently applied to the confrontation between the Western democracies and the USSR.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I voted yes on the basis of WW3 not being like the two earlier wars. Instead it's being fought politically, financially, in the media, in Ukraine and by hackers such as the latest claim that Anonymous hacked the Russian Central Bank and by Russians hacking Ukraine's institutions.

In this I'm following Clausewitz who said that war was a contest of wills. In this case, much of the world is involved in one way or the other. And I'm thinking of what Sun Tzu said “Perfection in war lies in so sapping your opponents will that he surrenders without fighting.”
Yeah, war can be waged other than with military weapons. Quite a bit of the nations of the world are involved. However, WWI and World WarII were fought with weapons, so it isn't quite the same thing.

Last edited:

Truthseeker

I don't believe this will in all likelihood evolve into WWIII in the military sense. It is very similar to contests between the Soviet Union and the US. They always were cautious about triggering WWIII, so it never happened. They were afraid of a nuclear exchange. At first I thought Putin was going over the edge mentally, but I think he has enough sense to not trigger WWIII.

Truthseeker

"Cold war" was a metaphorical term, invented by Orwell and subsequently applied to the confrontation between the Western democracies and the USSR.
Didn't know that. I read his "1984" and "Animal Farm". Just looked that up. Orwell could really look ahead.

Truthseeker

can't see Putin nuking Kyiv. Kyiv is the historic prize in Putin's mind, the great city and centre of the civilisation of Kievan Rus' that he wants to claim as the ancestor of modern Russia.
He is destroying other cities. Why not Kyiv? Right now he seems be of the mind to destroy.