• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World out of oil in 38 years

Does this concern you?

• Yes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • I could care less

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sooda

Veteran Member
What is not mentioning is the decline in current oil fields. As new oil fields are found old one dry up. Now put that into your predictions

Oil field production decline
Individual oil wells are typically within multi-well oil fields. As with individual wells, the production curves for oil fields vary depending on geology and how they are developed and produced. Some fields have symmetric bell-shaped production profiles, but it is more common that the period of inclining production is briefer and steeper than the subsequent decline. More than half the production usually occurs after a field has reached a peak or plateau. Production profiles of many fields show distinct peaks, but for giant oil fields, it is more common for production to reach and maintain a plateau before declining. Once a field declines, it usually follows an exponential decline.

Oil depletion - Wikipedia

A 2013 study concluded that peak oil "appears probable before 2030", and that there was a "significant risk" that it would occur before 2020
Peak oil - Wikipedia

When the price of gasoline rises, people naturally buy less of it; the amount of this reduction being determined by the amount of the price increase and the consumer's elasticity of demand for gasoline. This does not necessarily mean that people will drive less (though it is likely), it may mean that consumers trade in their SUVs for smaller cars, hybrid vehicles, electric cars or cars that run on alternative fuels.
Will the World Ever Run Out of Oil?

Peak Oil was a propaganda tool back in the day and a joke among oilmen.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I did the research; Now you help me get the word out (BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!)

The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country

Proven oil reserves are those that have a reasonable certainty of being recoverable under existing economic and political conditions, with existing technology.

10. United States - 39,230 million barrels
9. Libya - 48,363 million barrels
8. Russia - 80,000 million barrels
7. United Arab Emirates - 97,800 million barrels
6. Kuwait - 101,500 million barrels
5. Iraq - 142,503 million barrels
4. Iran - 158,400 million barrels
3. Canada - 169,709 million barrels
2. Saudi Arabia - 266,455 million barrels
1. Venezuela - 300,878 million barrels
The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country

the above adds up to---- 1,304,838 million barrels

The total worldwide oil consumption was 93 million barrels per day (bbl/day) on average in 2015 according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).
List of countries by oil consumption - Wikipedia

93 million a day X 356 days = 33,945 a year

1304838/33945 = 38 years left then ALL gone!!!
Help us create a world for our children NOW!!!

:)-

This has been headline news since the 1960s, only it was 20 years back then

However, other than having to change my heating system (oil fired, nearest gas connection 18 miles away) and moving to electric vehicles, which is on the cards anyway i think we will adapt should the deadline not creep into the future again