• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Order

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
love is a mystery, paradox, that is found not only in self but in other as self.
I understand the last part, but, why is love a paradox? How is it self-conflicting? If it's found in both self and other as self, how is it a paradox? It seems ubiquitous from this statement.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I understand the last part, but, why is love a paradox? How is it self-conflicting? If it's found in both self and other as self, how is it a paradox? It seems ubiquitous from this statement.
love is a mystery because it can be infinite, unconditional. it can also be finite in its other forms.

a paradox is something that appears to be contrary in statement but obviously isn't illogical. but obviously love isn't based on a form but an action.

this too will pass but love transcends death in the action moving forever into space and time.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What's this?
a state of mind, action based on a fixed form. is it necessary to have a fixed form, or can it be manifested in infinite number of guises.

is all the world a stage, actors changing but the play in action remains the same.

evolving outside but remaining the same intrinsically

syo

a state of mind, action based on a fixed form. is it necessary to have a fixed form, or can it be manifested in infinite number of guises.

is all the world a stage, actors changing but the play in action remains the same.

evolving outside but remaining the same intrinsically
the Gods can choose their avatars anytime without destroying anything. isn't it great! :)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
love is a mystery because it can be infinite, unconditional. it can also be finite in its other forms.

a paradox is something that appears to be contrary in statement but obviously isn't illogical. but obviously love isn't based on a form but an action.

this too will pass but love transcends death in the action moving forever into space and time.
Ah.

Hypothetical question: From the perspective of transcending space and time isn't everything a paradox? At that point everything that was ... is. At this point there is no difference between love and hate? Confronted with this paradigm, I would chose one world order for the sake of peace.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Does god, gods, or even non-theists want a one world order?
If by one world order you mean the elimination of national states, I don't think it will ever happen. Organizations can only get so big before they become utterly disfunctional. I think that countries will become increasingly cooperative, but there will never be a one world government.

In general, I think the smaller the better. Smaller countries, smaller schools, smaller towns, smaller religious communities... Human beings aren't evolved to live in systems so big that they lose their sense of their own value in the sea of people.

Last edited: