• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Order

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, but with the right people heading it. It's important we don't give the world to corrupt people or deceivers.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think so.

Our world is such a flea's fart in the scheme of it all, anyways.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, but with the right people heading it. It's important we don't give the world to corrupt people or deceivers.
selfishness doesn't involve ingathering. it creates the illusion of us vs them, division,

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
selfishness doesn't involve ingathering. it creates the illusion of us vs them, division,

There is division in the world, but whatever world order we do - it has to tolerate these differences we have with another.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I doubt it. He created it the way He did and we have lots of cultures, peoples, languages and so on. It's good.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you study human rights, you can justify world government for similar reasons you justify human rights and government in general.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No.

However cooperation between all government would be nice

World government would for example, prevent genocide of one country towards a minority it has. I believe this is necessary in this age.

But if we are going to have it, we have to have democracies, and get rid of republic nature of countries that claim democracy and also get rid of dictatorships all around the world.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
World government would for example, prevent genocide of one country towards a minority it has. I believe this is necessary in this age.

But if we are going to have it, we have to have democracies, and get rid of republic nature of countries that claim democracy and also get rid of dictatorships all around the world.

So long as it's your preferred politically leaning government, not everyone agrees with you here. I for one would prefer a republic.

Note my last paragraph which would solve all your objections

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I think world government might come about, but only after some serous threats to human life on this planet, when we inevitably see that we could only survive by all countries being involved in what might be necessary as to actions, and all be seen as having as much stake as anyone other country - which of course is true, since if life becomes so bad on this planet then it will affect all, not just the poor, those not having so much influence, but all. How such a government might work I'll leave to the future.