• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

world oil reserves gone in 19 years

Should we act now before its too late

• yes

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
New estimates of worldwide crude oil reserves total 1.651 trillion bbl
(1,651,000,000,000)
https://tinyurl.com/ycvg5odz

In 2010, global crude oil demand was 86.4 million barrels per day.
86,400,000,000x365=315360000000000000
Daily global crude oil demand 2006-2018 | Statistic

1,651,000,000,000/315360000000000000=19 years left

My math might be off but it looks like, at current rate of consumption all the known oil reserves will be used up in 19 years.

If the numbers are correct, we need to act now before it is too late !!
Any suggestions?

They have been saying this since since my dad was a kid. The action was to find more oil.

But now offshore and way out in nowhere stocks must be dwindling too so i guess deep sea will be the next oil boom.

Some notes

The price of oil will no doubt skyrocket (again).

Both france and england (perhaps others) wont be selling new hydrocarbon fuelled cars within 20 to 25 years.

When you start get spam email saying you must invest in deep sea oil then you'll know its getting tight.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, its not my main concern.

I was joking. But it is something I delight in that the earth provides.

However, my existence doesnt really take up any oil...only on really rare occasions.
The food y7ou eat, the clothes you wear, the electricity you use -- all use 'oil'. You can't even breathe without increasing your carbon footprint.
Nowhere Man said:
Drill for more. There's still plenty.
But it's getting increasingly costly to extract -- and not just financially.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well I wouldn't go that far. It's just shaped us, is all. Like Chaucer shaped English poetry. Or I dunno, how the Back to the Future Franchise shaped Rick and Morty. I mean it's cool and all, it's important and interesting to learn about. But I'm more of a Lit/myth nerd than a history one. So perhaps I'm not the one to go to for waxing lyrical about those Romans.
And the Church should do those things anyway because of Jesus.And surely bragging about it all haughtily goes against the spirit of the Church, would you not agree?

You know that half my family are Roman Catholic, right? They were blackmailed into converting, like many of my relatives in Fiji, even to this day.
And the clergy having a thing for choir boys is an easy joke, especially on the internet. Tis a meme in and of itself. Honestly, what is with your conspiracy theories? You hold far more animosity towards the Catholic Church going by your posts on here. I merely mock and jest, but remain largely indifferent. Though Cathedrals are often pretty.

Lol. To be fair, the industrial revolution killed thousands. Gave us Dickens though. Not sure if that is a square deal or not, but oh well.
No, I didn't know half your family was Roman Catholic.

No, I don't believe in conspiracy theories (not that I'm aware of), but I'm fond of pointing out hatred, calls to violence, atrocities, or injustice, in the Bible and Qur'an. These are facts, not opinions.

But I assumed you didn't think to highly of Catholicism, when you joked about few Catholic priests would get to heaven, in my thread about pedophilia, so I assumed you were obviously implying that most priests were pedophiles. Then I realized you were joking and was totally okay with your statement after that! :D

As far as pointing out the good things the Catholic Church does. In the context of how I speak about it, I think it is appropriate to point out the good things that the Catholic Church does for the world, to create a more balanced view of the Church and the history of it. But, I agree with you, it isn't humble or Christlike for anyone to boast of their good deeds! :thumbsup: There was a Saint (Teresa of Avila I think) who said "A good deed talked about is a good deed spoiled." I don't entirely agree, but the statement does contain some truth.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The food y7ou eat, the clothes you wear, the electricity you use -- all use 'oil'. You can't even breathe without increasing your carbon footprint.
But it's getting increasingly costly to extract -- and not just financially.
I don't fully agree...I eat a lot of expired food or Catholic Charity stuff that would get thrown away if I didn't eat it.

But there is truth to what you say, which is why I hope to have an early death, but not from suicide. I want it to be one that is provided by God, where I can hopefully become a spirit that is more united to God and assists are world like an angel, :babyangel: , and hope it happens soon, so that tax-payers dollars and whatever resources will be saved, and I stop bugging people on RF :p.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
No, I didn't know half your family was Roman Catholic.

No, I don't believe in conspiracy theories (not that I'm aware of), but I'm fond of pointing out hatred, calls to violence, atrocities, or injustice, in the Bible and Qur'an. These are facts, not opinions.

But I assumed you didn't think to highly of Catholicism, when you joked about few Catholic priests would get to heaven, in my thread about pedophilia, so I assumed you were obviously implying that most priests were pedophiles. Then I realized you were joking and was totally okay with your statement after that! :D

As far as pointing out the good things the Catholic Church does. In the context of how I speak about it, I think it is appropriate to point out the good things that the Catholic Church does for the world, to create a more balanced view of the Church and the history of it. But, I agree with you, it isn't humble or Christlike for anyone to boast of their good deeds! :thumbsup: There was a Saint (Teresa of Avila I think) who said "A good deed talked about is a good deed spoiled." I don't entirely agree, but the statement does contain some truth.
I have a very dark and biting sense of humour. I think everything important should be mocked and do so. Including my own beliefs.
You should not take everything I say so seriously because I rarely do.

It's good to call out hate and you should do so.

The church creates it's own history and public reputation. Not by talking but by doing. Does not the bible say, you shall know them through their deeds (or something along those lines.)
But I do not really think of the Church and Catholics as being the same thing, really. The Church is an institution, they are more or less responsible in representing their congregation. But I do not blame all Catholics every time there is a scandal. Nor do I think highly of a catholic just because the Church has a charity run. Each Catholic is their own person with flaws and strengths. Some are good people, humble, charitable, Christ like. Some are bad. The only reason I might say "Catholics" as a catch all is for the sake of time. Rarely do I ever mean to speak about all of them at any given time though. Even when I mock.

;)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Any suggestions?

Educate yourself?

Crude oil demand, while admittedly increasing marginally year over year, except 2008 and 2009, is leveling off with improved fuel economy and alternative fuel supplies. Also, the world supply of crude oil is not finite.

james dixon

Premium Member
As you were. I concede to your ignorance on the subject.

Unlike you, I provided lots of evidence to support my views while I continue to wait for yours.,.and wait.,.,and wait.,.,and wait.,.,and wait.,.,and wait.,.,and wait.,.,

Oh wise one, I am still waiting. Try FOX, maybe they can help you LOL

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So said the spider to the fly
Having kept many spiders as pets, including the largest species on Earth, I know that spiders don't converse with prey under any circumstances.

That said, your comment about spiders, is about as factual as some of what you say about oil. ;)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What I posted about oil was based on "facts".

I am still waiting for some facts to counter the facts I provided.

And waiting
It ain't worth anyone's time.
We keep finding more...
We run out when we do... and it wont be the end of the world.

That is not worth the time debating cos i heard hysterical stuff about oil when I was a child.

Your "19 year" figure is not fact.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@james dixon ,
You ranted about oil on my North Korea thread and elsewhere.

Your disturbing worship of oil isn't enriching anyone's life!:weary:

Even if you got everyone's panties in a bundle, that won't create more oil.

How about, everyone keep their panties on, and remember, horses and carriages don't run out! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

james dixon

Premium Member
How about, everyone keep their panties on, and remember, horses and carriages don't run out! ;)

You are right; we don't need refrigerators, air conditioners, lights, vacuum cleaners, washers, dryers, toasters, cars or even toilet paper.

We lived without them before, we can do it again.
btw: I do not wear panties

Spiderman

Veteran Member
btw: I do not wear panties
Me neither,
My boxers are all presently in the wash, so im letting my balls hang freely in hospital scrubs. :D
It's just a figure of speech.

However, you really should chill out about oil my friend. Didn't Jesus say not to worry about tommorow, sufficient are the worries for the day? ;)