• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World began in 1980

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The guys has posted a thread, more than once, that is entirely ludicrous to most people's esteem, without any explanation or substantiation to his position. Forcing people, therefore, to inundate him with the same questions over and over again, as to what exactly does he mean.
And, he, consequently, simply replies with a sentence offering no more enlightenment than before, obligating everyone again to waste their time trying to pull teeth from this guy in an attempt to get a straight answer.
Why do you feel you have any obligation to waste your time?

The guy should just write 2 - 3 paragraphs explaining his position so people can see where he's coming from, and then they can choose immediately whether to take him serious or not, and not waste everyone's time.
Based on what he writes, whether it is one sentence or two to three paragraphs, you are free to choose whether to take him seriously or not. If not, move on. No time wasted.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Based on what he writes, whether it is one sentence or two to three paragraphs, you are free to choose whether to take him seriously or not. If not, move on. No time wasted.
I agree but @DNB has a point.

it would be nice to see how his views were arrived at and at least explained to some degree if that is even possible.

Reactions: DNB

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I believe god created earth around 1980. God chose one person to be the ‘vehicle’ of life. When that person dies, it all ends and begins again around 1980. I’ve believed this for 15 years. Our lives here are fleeting.
Well at least the Holocaust didn't happen and Hitler wasn't real.

Thought a little Godwin might jar a bolt or two.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I believe god created earth around 1980. God chose one person to be the ‘vehicle’ of life. When that person dies, it all ends and begins again around 1980. I’ve believed this for 15 years. Our lives here are fleeting.
I'd respond...but apparently I don't exist......

Yerda

Veteran Member
When God made the world in 1980 he made it with dead bodies already in graves and morgues and at the bottom of quarries...

...and memories in people's heads of those dead bodies being alive.

Clizby Wampuscat

Good, I loved the 80's.

Kelly of the Phoenix

That's what some of his listeners said, too. John 9: Those of the Pharisees who were with him heard these things, and they said to him: “We are not blind also, are we?” 41 Jesus said to them: “If you were blind, you would have no sin. But now you say, ‘We see.’ Your sin remains.”+
Yeah, but Jesus implies he sees, so he's also ...

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
What a weird belief! Are you saying Joe Biden is just 43 years old?

Curious George

Veteran Member
I could have sworn someone here either mentioned “last Thursadayism” or alternatively Bertrand Russell’s notion that there is no logical impossibility that the world was created 5 minutes ago… but reading through the thread I see neither.

The idea here is that you have presented an unfalsifiable theory. But, how does holding such a view impact your life?

DNB

Christian

He's being discreet intentionally - it's click bait, basically.
We try to give the benefit of the doubt, and engage with threads that initially appear somewhat exceptional. But, he doesn't show the same consideration.