• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Bee Day

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A friend of mine and I started two new bee boxes on my parent's acreage this year :) I think honeybees are adorable. And the young bees recently leaving the hive are so curious and gentle. You can feed them pollen by hand.

We don't fully understand how much we rely on these tiny creatures. I hope people come to appreciate it before they're gone. In every strawberry and cup of coffee and honey on toast.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I try to stay away from killer bees. A few times I've noticed swarms and had to call for their removal.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I try to stay away from killer bees. A few times I've noticed swarms and had to call for their removal.
How did you know they were killer bees? Were they carrying air-to-ground missiles or wearing tactical gear?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How did you know they were killer bees? Were they carrying air-to-ground missiles or wearing tactical gear?

They looked like this:

NzZs.gif

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I actually missed the days working with my uncle in the bee yard and filtering and extracting the honey and wax in the evening for delivery to Suebee.

Twilight Hue

A friend of mine and I started two new bee boxes on my parent's acreage this year :) I think honeybees are adorable. And the young bees recently leaving the hive are so curious and gentle. You can feed them pollen by hand.

We don't fully understand how much we rely on these tiny creatures. I hope people come to appreciate it before they're gone. In every strawberry and cup of coffee and honey on toast.
I think beekeeping it's one of the best Industries on the face of this Earth.

The variations of Honey are spectacular.

There's Clover which most of us used in tea and spread on toast.

Buckwheat honey is almost black in color but very very sweet with a bold and unique taste. It's my favorite honey of all the honeys.

Seasonally we would go down to Florida where we would have orange blossom honey.

It's hard back-breaking work on a commercial basis but the rewards are totally sweet!!!

:0)

Twilight Hue

The sad part is variants of diseases of late where colonies have been hit by mites and foulbrood which is a terrible disease requiring destruction of the hive. Humans are unaffected by the disease. Both commercial and recreational beekeepers have had a tough go the last few decades going back into the 80s.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think beekeeping it's one of the best Industries on the face of this Earth.

The variations of Honey are spectacular.

There's Clover which most of us used in tea and spread on toast.

Buckwheat honey is almost black in color but very very sweet with a bold and unique taste. It's my favorite honey of all the honeys.

Seasonally we would go down to Florida where we would have orange blossom honey.

It's hard back-breaking work on a commercial basis but the rewards are totally sweet!!!

:0)
We largely have blackberry honey here which is great! Sadly my new dietary changes includes no added sugar so even though honey is far and away the healthiest sugar, I sell it all (have a buyer that makes honey mead).
There is still a ton I do with the wax though. Everything from cheese sealing to soap and lip balm to making reusable wax cloth as an alternative to saran wrap.

Twilight Hue

We largely have blackberry honey here which is great! Sadly my new dietary changes includes no added sugar so even though honey is far and away the healthiest sugar, I sell it all (have a buyer that makes honey mead).
There is still a ton I do with the wax though. Everything from cheese sealing to soap and lip balm to making reusable wax cloth as an alternative to saran wrap.
I always love the smell of beeswax. Even while pouring them into the molds from the heated separation tank. I think that was sold commercially as well.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The subject of beekeeping reminds me of one of the funniest skits ever: