• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

questfortruth

Time is an illusion, many sages say. After all, why do we see the number 2020 on the calendar and not 2010 or 2022, if we exist and are alive not only today and now? Therefore, the wise men should be put on a scientific track: time is real, but the passage of time is an illusion.

A fairy-tale is when a thing contains an illusion. This means that we do not live in a purely real world but in a real-illusory one.

Here God is described by the equation 3 = 1;
husband and wife are "two - one flesh": 2=1;
here the Virgin, giving birth to Jesus Christ, remained the Virgin;
here the water is holy, here the buildings are holy; here the Holy Fire coming down to Holy Land every year; there are Biblical unicorns and Leviathan;
here the horrible monsters of the Book of Revelation are;
and here the followers of the Flat Earth are.
Here the sorcerers and witches are, here the deadly curses are, and spells (this is very sinful).
The Dark Matter (and angels) is the invisible matter: it goes through the detectors and Earth without the slightest effort.

Atheist: "The Bible is just a collection of fairytales".

Me: "become like little children" is written in Matthew 18:3-4, hence, you should accept a fairytale. Our world is a fairytale. It is foolish to live in absolute reality when there is a real-illusory world around you.
"you must believe in the fairytale"

An illusion is overcoming the logic of Aristotle, his logic is reduced to the following: "black is not white and white is not black". Monks overcome the chains of logic: Epignosis, Ecstasis, Hesychasm in Eastern Orthodox Christianity. Hesychasm - Wikipedia

Scientists are also gradually coming to the signs of a fairy-tale:
"New findings have physicists questioning reality"

"Study Finds "There’s No Such Thing as Objective Reality"

Their big mistake is to getting rid of reality; however, they better accept both reality and illusion. Such an illusion, which was given to us by God ("I will send them the spirit of delusion"), and therefore should not be got rid of. The passage of time, although an illusion, gives us a place to show our free-will, the freedom of choice. Time is real as historical dates are real (for example, Adolf Hiler was defeated in 1945 mainly by USSR), and they cannot be rewritten. But today we are writing our history, and what is written cannot be changed.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
Humans need their stories to give their experience of being, continuity and purpose. Though we also have the unfortunate habit of convincing ourselves that our stories are 'the truth'. We fear the realization that our stories of what's real are just stories. So much so that we often will seek to discredit and even destroy any evidence to the contrary.

Dishonesty, taken to this degree can become very harmful. And yet it is commonplace. A sad and dark side of the human condition.

Last edited:

questfortruth

The tricky part is making it have meaning to others.
What is all this ? :)

Humans need their stories to give their experience of being, continuity and purpose. And we also have the unfortunate habit of convincing ourselves that our stories are 'the truth'. We fear the realization that our stories of what's real are just stories. So much so that we often will seek to discredit and even destroy any evidence to the contrary.

Dishonesty, taken to this degree can become very harmful. And yet it is commonplace. A sad and dark side of the human condition.

"Do the Past and Future Exist?"

gnostic

The Lost One
Time is an illusion, many sages say. After all, why do we see the number 2020 on the calendar and not 2010 or 2022, if we exist and are alive not only today and now? Therefore, the wise men should be put on a scientific track: time is real, but the passage of time is an illusion.

A fairy-tale is when a thing contains an illusion. This means that we do not live in a purely real world but in a real-illusory one.

Here God is described by the equation 3 = 1;
husband and wife are "two - one flesh": 2=1;
here the Virgin, giving birth to Jesus Christ, remained the Virgin;
here the water is holy, here the buildings are holy; here the Holy Fire coming down to Holy Land every year; there are Biblical unicorns and Leviathan;
here the horrible monsters of the Book of Revelation are;
and here the followers of the Flat Earth are.
Here the sorcerers and witches are, here the deadly curses are, and spells (this is very sinful).
The Dark Matter (and angels) is the invisible matter: it goes through the detectors and Earth without the slightest effort.

Atheist: "The Bible is just a collection of fairytales".

Me: "become like little children" is written in Matthew 18:3-4, hence, you should accept a fairytale. Our world is a fairytale. It is foolish to live in absolute reality when there is a real-illusory world around you.
"you must believe in the fairytale"

An illusion is overcoming the logic of Aristotle, his logic is reduced to the following: "black is not white and white is not black". Monks overcome the chains of logic: Epignosis, Ecstasis, Hesychasm in Eastern Orthodox Christianity. Hesychasm - Wikipedia

Scientists are also gradually coming to the signs of a fairy-tale:
"New findings have physicists questioning reality"

"Study Finds "There’s No Such Thing as Objective Reality"

Their big mistake is to getting rid of reality; however, they better accept both reality and illusion. Such an illusion, which was given to us by God ("I will send them the spirit of delusion"), and therefore should not be got rid of. The passage of time, although an illusion, gives us a place to show our free-will, the freedom of choice. Time is real as historical dates are real (for example, Adolf Hiler was defeated in 1945 mainly by USSR), and they cannot be rewritten. But today we are writing our history, and what is written cannot be changed.

The OP is full of BS.

Aren’t stories in the Bible a bunch of fairytale anyway?

Isn’t a talking serpent or talking donkey, fable?

Isn’t turning lifeless dust into living human being, unnatural? Magic?

Isn’t the story of global flood, just that? A story that never happened?

One of the reasons why I became agnostic, is because I no longer accept Isaiah’s original sign had nothing to do with the gospel’s interpretation of that sign. It is just NT propaganda. Immanuel have nothing to do with Jesus or any messiah. And Isaiah’s sign had nothing to do with virgin birth.

night912

The OP is full of BS.

One of the reasons why I became agnostic, is because I no longer accept Isaiah’s original sign had nothing to do with the gospel’s interpretation of that sign. It is just NT propaganda. Immanuel have nothing to do with Jesus or any messiah. And Isaiah’s sign had nothing to do with virgin birth.
WTF
No spoiler alert warning? :mad:

questfortruth

The OP is full of BS.

Do not use the bad word!

Magic is from satan. Wonder is from God, make the difference!

Believe me or not, but around us is the fairytale: reality+illusion.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
In your profile signature link - "Dark Mirrors of Heaven" - you state this with your own words:

"Dark Mirrors of Heaven (website) covers only the events from Creation to the time of Noah’s Flood".

So the creation from dust really took place? So the Noah´s Flood really happened?

Or is your entire website text a fairy tale too?

Last edited:

Bourne

Humans need their stories to give their experience of being, continuity and purpose. Though we also have the unfortunate habit of convincing ourselves that our stories are 'the truth'. We fear the realization that our stories of what's real are just stories. So much so that we often will seek to discredit and even destroy any evidence to the contrary.

What do you need

PureX

Veteran Member
What do you need
I was referring to the 'story of our lives', but it's a common theme in literature, too. Significant authors for me would be folks like Thomas Merton, Feodor Dostoevsky, Isaac Bashevis Singer, and J.M. Coatzee.

Bourne

I was referring to the 'story of our lives', but it's a common theme in literature, too. Significant authors for me would be folks like Thomas Merton, Feodor Dostoevsky, Isaac Bashevis Singer, and J.M. Coatzee.
And I was referring to why are you here?

PureX

Veteran Member
And I was referring to why are you here?
To ponder why I'm here, apparently. And to seek out and/or make up reasons (stories) about it.

We define (create) ourselves by the stories that we invent from the debris of our lives.

Bourne

To ponder why I'm here, apparently. And to seek out and/or make up reasons (stories) about it.

We define (create) ourselves by the stories that we invent from the debris of our lives.
Do you enjoy the stories darwin made up