• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Work continues on finding mass graves at Catholic schools.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And these people think they have the moral high ground; same happened in Ireland
It's good these things are surfacing, but I'm afraid of the extent of this cover-up by the Catholic Church is global if this was any indicator.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It's good these things are surfacing, but I'm afraid of the extent of this cover-up by the Catholic Church is global if this was any indicator.
The Catholic Church has an extensive history of protecting itself before even considering the children that its people have abused.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Just an update that people are still investigating this horrible historical discovery and are using penetratiing radar.
I guess I am not getting why this is considered 'horrible'? Children died and got buried as was all too common back in the day.. Are you claiming murder or genocide?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I guess I am not getting why this is considered 'horrible'? Children died and got buried as was all too common back in the day.. Are you claiming murder or genocide?
It's suspicious. Many of the parents of those children were never informed of the deaths and the children disposed of without saying a peep about it.

Does that sound normal?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
This is the tip of the iceberg. Some estimates go as high as 20 000 children killed. Personally, I think it'll be higher. Forcibly taken from their parents, forced to not speak their mother tongue, beaten, practically starved, and raped, and any remnants of culture or dignity wiped out. What a tragic loss of humanity.

And still ... all talk, no walk, some First nations have been trying to get clean drinking water or a decent road in and out for decades. Every time it's "Oh, we're so sorry, we'll gonna do something." And it never comes to fruition.

Little wonder indigenous people are frustrated and angry.

Does all this sound normal?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
It's suspicious. Many of the parents of those children were never informed of the deaths and the children disposed of without saying a peep about it.

Does that sound normal?
It could.be normal in those times and conditions. What is the other side’s version of the history too?

What motive are you even conjecturing for willful mistreatment of these children.

I just wonder if some current cultural movement to vilify the image of whites and Christians of past times is involved too. It was a different time and the whole thing deserves an analysis based on the times. The article treated it as an archeological project.