• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Words on Bathroom Walls

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am an unofficial councilor to my brother in law who is schizophrenic. Basically it means listening to what he imagines his voices have been firing at him all day. It's kind of difficult and very upsetting but thats how schizophrenia goes.

He recommended i watch the movie "Words on Bathroom Walls" to get an insight into the sort if things he, and other schizophrenics, face in daily life.

From my daily discussions with him i am sure i know quite well ehat he goes through. I watched it anyway.

It's a good, accurate film of a real life illness and its impact on Adam, the sufferer, his family and friends. I can happily recommend it to anyone who would like to know more about this poorly understood illness.

Words on Bathroom Walls (2020) - IMDb

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
@ChristineM , a LONG time ago I was studying psychology thinking that I would be a therapist. Part of that study was being at a state mental hospital in an adolescent treatment ward where most of the kids were there as a diversion from juvenile prison.

But one girl was psychotic and often misinterpreted what was going on. So I had a taste of what it is like to interact with someone as you interact with your brother-in-law.

Back then I was also influenced greatly by "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" which I think accurately describes the girl's symptoms but was inaccurate that psychotherapy could cure the disease.

There are also a couple of homeless people I see from time-to-time who are clearly psychotic in their behavior. I wish society was better organized to help them.

Also during that era, drug trips included bad ones that could be labeled psychotic episodes and it was known that some people were triggered into active disease by them.

I found the movie on Amazon Prime for those who are interested Watch Words On Bathroom Walls | Prime Video

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
@ChristineM , a LONG time ago I was studying psychology thinking that I would be a therapist. Part of that study was being at a state mental hospital in an adolescent treatment ward where most of the kids were there as a diversion from juvenile prison.

But one girl was psychotic and often misinterpreted what was going on. So I had a taste of what it is like to interact with someone as you interact with your brother-in-law.

Back then I was also influenced greatly by "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" which I think accurately describes the girl's symptoms but was inaccurate that psychotherapy could cure the disease.

There are also a couple of homeless people I see from time-to-time who are clearly psychotic in their behavior. I wish society was better organized to help them.

Also during that era, drug trips included bad ones that could be labeled psychotic episodes and it was known that some people were triggered into active disease by them.

I found the movie on Amazon Prime for those who are interested Watch Words On Bathroom Walls | Prime Video

Also available on google play/movies