• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Word of Faith debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
I think it is mildly amusing to watch MSC's chase the almighty dollar while passing it off as the Gospel but mostly it is just sad.

rocka21

Brother Rock
I think it is mildly amusing to watch MSC's chase the almighty dollar while passing it off as the Gospel but mostly it is just sad.

money is a very powerful tool. I hope you don't label anyone who believes God for money as " chasing the almighty dollar".

you would have a real problem with the bible.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
really? then i guess Solomon was a very " satanic " person.

add abraham , David, Job, and others to the list.

Really? would you mind sharing some scriptures where these guys say something like "Well God, I wouldn't believe a word you say but if you give me a bunch of money, I will believe you..."

Somehow I can't recall anything like that..

rocka21

Brother Rock
Really? would you mind sharing some scriptures where these guys say something like "Well God, I wouldn't believe a word you say but if you give me a bunch of money, I will believe you..."

Somehow I can't recall anything like that..

what are you talking about? you are the one who said money is a tool of satan.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
what are you talking about? you are the one who said money is a tool of satan.

Right, and you were the one who defended those who "believe" God in order to obtain money:

rocka21 said:
money is a very powerful tool. I hope you don't label anyone who believes God for money as " chasing the almighty dollar".

That's ok if you don't have any sources, I didn't realize this wasn't a debate thread. :shrug:

rocka21

Brother Rock
Right, and you were the one who defended those who "believe" God in order to obtain money:

That's ok if you don't have any sources, I didn't realize this wasn't a debate thread. :shrug:

i am defending those who believe God in order to obtain money. I am one of them. where do you get your money from? the devil? or do you use money?

and i have PLENTY of sources if you want to debate. Just say the word.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
God gives EVERYONE the opportunity to feed and clothe themselves, but he doesn't bless us materially if we become Christians. God doesn't use bribes like a modern day parent.

Sure, there is a certain "cause and effect" within the teachings of the scriptures, but God sends the rain on the just and the unjust alike. God blesses EVERY living being.

Check out Galatians 5 for the "Fruits of the Spirit". You won't find a fat bank account listed in there.

I Timothy 6:3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. NIV

Please note: I didn't write that scripture, I am just quoting it.

rocka21

Brother Rock
God gives EVERYONE the opportunity to feed and clothe themselves, but he doesn't bless us materially if we become Christians. God doesn't use bribes like a modern day parent.

Sure, there is a certain "cause and effect" within the teachings of the scriptures, but God sends the rain on the just and the unjust alike. God blesses EVERY living being.

Check out Galatians 5 for the "Fruits of the Spirit". You won't find a fat bank account listed in there.

I Timothy 6:3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. NIV

Please note: I didn't write that scripture, I am just quoting it.

5Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6But godliness with contentment is great gain.

KING JAMES VERSION

I never once said " gain is godliness".

i do believe God will BLESS you with gain thou. think not? ask
Solomon
David
Moses
Job
etc. etc. i can go on and on for days , but your seminary teaching will get in the way.

you are not more godly by the amount of money you have, but money is a great blessing for you to spread the gospel, bless your family, etc. etc.

if you don't think so, then just send me your next paycheck. only take out for food and clothes ( o holy one!):D

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
i am defending those who believe God in order to obtain money. I am one of them. where do you get your money from? the devil? or do you use money?

and i have PLENTY of sources if you want to debate. Just say the word.

wow, that is a pretty ugly admission.

You admit that you use God to get money....? :eek:

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Out of curiosity, what do the word of faith folks think about this scripture:

Matt 19:21-23
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go [and] sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come [and] follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
another interesting scripture passage:

Luke 12:13-34
13 And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me.
14 And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?
15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, [and] be merry.
20 But God said unto him, [Thou] fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21 So [is] he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
23 The life is more than meat, and the body [is more] than raiment.
24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith?
29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
good question here.

if word of faith is such an " embarassment" how come other faiths such as catholic, baptist, and others show up on " word of faith" tv?

we must not be that much of an embarassment to be all up on our networks.

There are ungodly men in every denomination Rocka, this proves nothing the fact that they support those networks gives discerning Christians cause to suspect them.

:bible:Sola Scriptura!:bible:​

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
*facepalms*

I'm guessing that those who come up to me and tell me I'll be cured of my disabilities if I go to their Church come from this cheery little movement. Of all the things to ask of G-d... money and magical cures.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
*facepalms*

I'm guessing that those who come up to me and tell me I'll be cured of my disabilities if I go to their Church come from this cheery little movement. Of all the things to ask of G-d... money and magical cures.

Don't you understand? You just lack faith, just have faith in your heart and confess your healing and God has to obey because you used the law of faith, you must speak out your healing and you will be healed. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.