• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woohoo! I am officially part of the Dharma!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I receved my Gohonzon today and officially initiated into The Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha. Although the traditional Buddhism I am taking up as a solitary practice, I am practicing with SGI since they focus on The Buddha's main teachings through the Buddhas after Him taught. Cant complain; everyones a Buddha.

Take care,

Nam.

Last edited:

Osal

I receved my Gohonzon today and officially initiated into The Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha. Although the traditional Buddhism I am taking up as a solitary practice, I am practicing with SGI since they focus on The Buddha's main teachings through the Buddhas after Him taught. Cant complain; everyones a Buddha.

Take care,

Nam.
Congrats! May all beings benefit!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'd recommend Nichiren Shū as opposed to
Soka Gakkai.
Believe me, I do too. I am in VA and Shu temples are in four or five states mid and west of here. California, Washington Sate, Illinous. They have one in NY but its a good travel without being able to drive.

I have the Nichiren Shu gongyo book. It has the gongyo recite and I love the prayers and other prayers they have. I just go to the district SGI meetings and chant with friends. They are small and seem more "comfortable". I dont go to the world gongyo conference. It seems like business (recieving 1,000 checks for donation; they consider it offerings) and testimonies of people who were "saved" and recieved good healthy, job, etc by being part of the SGI.

I was told Shu uses drum, so I do that and they have meditation and sutra study. Im solitary in that regards. I just chant with SGI.

I agree, though. If I moved to those states, Id convert. I dont like how they say "have my gohonzon". Its in the heart. Hopefully Shu wont do that with SGI. I think they do that with shoshu, which I completely disliked.

What can I say?

Nam.