• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wonderland or Land of Make Believe

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Wonderland is not the Land of Make Believe.

In Wonderland the wanderer wonders about things that the wanderer experiences and what is real. They question what its like. They're curious about things.

In the Land of Make Believe magicians/sorcerers create things from belief. Monsters and fairy tale things come to life. They create things out of minds, the believer believes them to be true, and even behaves like they are present. They become hypnotized by the illusions. They do not wonder anymore. They do not question others, let alone themselves. They hold on to their beliefs. They interact and react to things arising from nothing but their own dark minds.

So do some lose their child like wonder in themselves in exchange for their belief in other self? Will they discover that santa, old kris kringle, isn't real but something else playing out about self?

will the seeker ever realize the kingdom of love apart/without self? don't you miss that sense of wonder?

Everything has gone wonky. The dreams, the synchronicity, people answering questions I haven't even asked. I feel like alice. Nothing makes sense and i'm falling, falling into darkness. Strange places. Strange faces. Some sinister. Some friendly. And you didn't know who to trust anymore because looks were deceiving. What lay beneath the surface?

and i let go and let you wonder and wander.

Last edited:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I don't listen to lyrics...only the instrumentals.
~
There's not a Santa Clause ???????

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Thats the nice thing about Wonderland, really. You've entirely missed the inference, here. Actually, there is more than one inference.

The nice thing about wonderland is when you can read the story in different meanings.

If Jesus is just 'some Jew', and only likes Jews of a certain ilk, lol, not me, then why associate me with Jesus? It's bizarre. It's like you hate your own religion.

But, yeah, you have a problem, religiously, here, i guess. You arent trying to figure it out, though, you just argue random.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Your argument
Basically
Jesus is bad[you have to believe that Jesus is bad, because you aren't a Jesus religionist, argue against the texts, so forth
Jesus is good[Jesus is good, but not in the religious paradigm, that you practice, and only good in a religious context that you dont really agree with,

So, which is it? Bad, or good? And if good, then why arent you converting to Judaism? It makes no sense. Its like an abstract argument.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Thats the nice thing about Wonderland, really. You've entirely missed the inference, here. Actually, there is more than one inference.

The nice thing about wonderland is when you can read the story in different meanings.

If Jesus is just 'some Jew', and only likes Jews of a certain ilk, lol, not me, then why associate me with Jesus? It's bizarre. It's like you hate your own religion.

But, yeah, you have a problem, religiously, here, i guess. You arent trying to figure it out, though, you just argue random.
i say to you DOUBT!!!

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? ...

wonder
Old English wundrian "be astonished," also "admire; make wonderful, magnify," from the source of wonder (n.). Cognate with Dutch wonderen, Old High German wuntaron, German wundern. Sense of "entertain some doubt or curiosity" is late 13c. Related: Wondered; wondering.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Your argument
Basically
Jesus is bad[you have to believe that Jesus is bad, because you aren't a Jesus religionist, argue against the texts, so forth
Jesus is good[Jesus is good, but not in the religious paradigm, that you practice, and only good in a religious context that you dont really agree with,

So, which is it? Bad, or good? And if good, then why arent you converting to Judaism? It makes no sense. Its like an abstract argument.

to believe someone doesn't require someone to worship them. so to question someone, like thomas, doesn't make you good/bad. makes you curious to know for yourself.

thomas = twin

13. Jesus said to his disciples, "Compare me to something and tell me what I am like."

Simon Peter said to him, "You are like a just messenger."

Matthew said to him, "You are like a wise philosopher."

Thomas said to him, "Teacher, my mouth is utterly unable to say what you are like."

Jesus said, "I am not your teacher. Because you have drunk, you have become intoxicated from the bubbling spring that I have tended."

And he took him, and withdrew, and spoke three sayings to him. When Thomas came back to his friends they asked him, "What did Jesus say to you?"

Thomas said to them, "If I tell you one of the sayings he spoke to me, you will pick up rocks and stone me, and fire will come from the rocks and devour you."

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Now, if you just said,
to believe someone doesn't require someone to worship them.

So, you are saying, there is no actual theism, here, at all. Not just concerning Jesus. You just aren't saying it directly.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
i say to you DOUBT!!!

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? ...

wonder
Old English wundrian "be astonished," also "admire; make wonderful, magnify," from the source of wonder (n.). Cognate with Dutch wonderen, Old High German wuntaron, German wundern. Sense of "entertain some doubt or curiosity" is late 13c. Related: Wondered; wondering.
Doubt what?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Now, if you just said,

Do I worship Jesus? Did I say, one must worship Jesus? And perhaps you are wrong, here. Note that the Sacrifice, is clearly direct, much more than the teachings of some rabbi.

So, you are saying, there is no actual theism, here, at all. Not just concerning Jesus. You just aren't saying it directly.
there is no sacrifice in love. because of their ignorance, they wanted their beliefs and someone pays the price for the emperors new clothes. father forgive them for they know not what they do.

And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

the name exodus 3:14

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Doubt what?

jesus asked us to have a 1st person experience of the kingdom of god and love.

do you believe someone when they tell you what love is like, how you should feel?

or do you feel it to the core of your being?

some believe.
some know.

the wonder of love is the beginning of understanding. the awe of god is the beginning of wisdom.

love is two bodies being of one mind - mencius - oneness.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
jesus asked us to have a 1st person experience of the kingdom of god and love.

do you believe someone when they tell you what love is like, how you should feel?

or do you feel it to the core of your being?

some believe.
some know.

the wonder of love is the beginning of understanding. the awe of god is the beginning of wisdom.

love is two bodies being of one mind - mencius - oneness.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
You said, 'doubt'. I asked, doubt what. That rambling doesn't answer the question.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Ahhh...the wonderland of the Cosmos...that tremendous immensity of greatness where Jesus resides. And the `God` outwards from that,
where the wonderous miracles are created. But no-one can sense the wonderous actions that are endeavored here, nonetheless seen.
And Santa is in the mind of every child under five years of age,
and some of us grow beyond these wonderland, idealistic dreams.
Ahhh...worship as you will, the prayers will not get there,
beyond that imagined impossibility of omnipotence.
The true wonderland is here,
on Earth in the Stuff of Life,
in love with ourselves.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You said, 'doubt'. I asked, doubt what. That rambling doesn't answer the question.

jesus said to doubt, question, seek, knock on doors until someone answers with what is reasonable.

its not good to get one's knickers in a twist. thy kingdom come thy will be done.

take it and look at it from the top to bottom and then the bottom to top, from the left to right and back again, up close and from afar, in the dark and the light.

maj12.jpg

you're trying to save me. stop holding your breath.

Ooh, stop
With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse
But there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
More nonsense, in other words . A very simple question, doubt what. [?
Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly."

do not just believe but question too. examine the spirits
examine everyone, everything unless it makes sense to you. then you can do what jesus did.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

some have created a mess with their lack of understanding, ignorance, sin.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Your argument contradicts itself. If Jesus was only going to one house, the Jews, as you said, elsewhere, then, that would make what you're saying, here, moot, [presumably.
Or at least according to your argument.

Either
Jesus was only going to the Jews, or He wasn't. So, perhaps you are being vague. 'Jews', means those grafted onto the branch, by faith? Then you say, (don't have faith, doubt,_)
So it's a contradiction. Your argument requires faith, then you say to doubt.

[Hence, why 'doubt', needs to be explained. In other words,
'Doubt what?'

Which you still haven't explained.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Your argument contradicts itself. If Jesus was only going to one house, the Jews, as you said, elsewhere, then, that would make what you're saying, here, moot, [presumably.
Or at least according to your argument.

Either
Jesus was only going to the Jews, or He wasn't. So, perhaps you are being vague. 'Jews', means those grafted onto the branch, by faith? Then you say, (don't have faith, doubt,_)
So it's a contradiction. Your argument requires faith, then you say to doubt. Without the faith, then your argument isn't for most, it is for a very narrow group of Jews, [[by definition.

[Hence, why 'doubt', needs to be explained. In other words,
'Doubt what?'

Which you still haven't explained.
judah(jew) means praised - like worshiped or adoration

Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty expanse. Praise Him for His mighty deeds; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness. Praise Him with trumpet sound; Praise Him with harp and lyre. ...

I AM god's holy mountain. I AM a city set on hill. I AM the light of the world.

Isa 66:18-Isa 66:21 NASB “For I know their works and their thoughts; the time is coming to gather all nations and tongues. And they shall come and see My glory. I will set a sign among them and will send survivors from them to the nations: Tarshish, Put, Lud, Meshech, Tubal and Javan, to the distant coastlands that have neither heard My fame nor seen My glory. And they will declare My glory among the nations. Then they shall bring all your brethren from all the nations as a grain offering to…

doubt the observed, doubt the observer, but know in yourself.

Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge; you yourselves did not enter, and you hindered those who were entering.”

1 Corinthians 2:16

Colossians 3:11
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

ALL(singular) in all(plural)

Last edited:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I see a lot of doubt in having a worshipped savior.
And one could question the importance of `God`.
It's to separate worship from fear, the doubt is there.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
judah(jew) means praised - like worshiped or adoration

Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty expanse. Praise Him for His mighty deeds; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness. Praise Him with trumpet sound; Praise Him with harp and lyre. ...

I AM god's holy mountain. I AM a city set on hill. I AM the light of the world.

Isa 66:18-Isa 66:21 NASB “For I know their works and their thoughts; the time is coming to gather all nations and tongues. And they shall come and see My glory. I will set a sign among them and will send survivors from them to the nations: Tarshish, Put, Lud, Meshech, Tubal and Javan, to the distant coastlands that have neither heard My fame nor seen My glory. And they will declare My glory among the nations. Then they shall bring all your brethren from all the nations as a grain offering to…

doubt the observed, doubt the observer, but know in yourself.

Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge; you yourselves did not enter, and you hindered those who were entering.”

1 Corinthians 2:16

Colossians 3:11
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

ALL(singular) in all(plural)
So, what the heck, are you disagreeing with.