• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wondering

I've read so many topics here and was surprised that not one person talked about the authentic left-hand path that can be found in India.

Individuals speak about the occult perspective, the misunderstandings of modern Satanism and western "left-hand path", not about the Vama Marga / Tantrayana Buddhism or the other roots located in Eastern religion.

The only differences between both paths are the techniques that mankind have used to reach enlightment. Both, left-hand and right-hand, have the same direction: in Monism the Oneness with the Absolute Consciousness, and in Dualistic schools as Samkhya the direction was Separation (from Nature).

Any ideas ?

Erebus

It's true that over the years the term "left hand path" has lost many of its original connotations (with the possible exception of magical practices and sexual rituals) and I'm afraid I have only a very rudimentary knowledge of the original left hand path practices.

I do agree with you though when you say that the left hand path is an alternative route to enlightenment/divinity and much more than simply an excuse to indulge yourself. I've always considered the left and right hand paths to be "opposite sides of the same coin" so to speak.

It would be interesting to hear more about the Eastern LHP if you would be interested in posting some information about it?

I would recommend you the book 'Demons of the Flesh' written by Zeena and Nikolas Schreck, also you should search for books about the Tantrayana Buddhism (here in Germany I would mention "Handbuch Buddhismus" by Hans Wolfgang Schumann, he is also the author of'Buddhism: An outline of its Teachings and Schools" - but I'm not sure if it's the same book). Also you can use the web (words: Vamacara, Vamamarga, Vajrayana, Sahajayana, Kalacarakrayana, Esoteric Buddhism, Aghori).

What I haved realised after breaking with the "beliefs" of modern Occultism, that left-hand path never transcends the buddhistic or hinduistic conception of enlightment.

Add: But after the last night, I had a dream that tells me some new perspectives concerning this topic. I must research the next days ... maybe there will One point at the end of the matrix ;-)

Last edited:

Onkara

What I haved realised after breaking with the "beliefs" of modern Occultism, that left-hand path never transcends the buddhistic or hinduistic conception of enlightment.
¨

Why do you think that buddhistic or hinduistics enlightenment is never transcended by LHP?

I am asking as your answer may help me to understand Setian better.
Respectfully, Onkarah.

Last edited:
Hi Onkarah,

¨
Why do you think that buddhistic or hinduistics enlightenment is never transcended by LHP?

Because of the fact, that Vamacara, Tantrayana ... were ever dependent on the Buddistic and Hindustic conceptions of Moksha. Both left-hand path and right-hand path lead to union with the absolute. Within the monistic conceptions there was no separation, the tools of the left-hand were only a way to reach Enlightment (union with die Absolute) faster than with the tools of the right-hand.
In dualistic schools as Sankhya the direction was the separation. But in these schools separation was also the direction of the right-hand path.
In fact, there was no left-hand path within a monistic conception that leads to separation, and according to this, there was no right-hand path within a dualistic school that leads to union with Absolute.
Both left and right were only paths to reach enlightment within the same conception of the world.

I am asking as your answer may help me to understand Setian better.

This has nothing to do with Setian "beliefs". Setianism is a western school of the left-hand path because of its techniques. But not because of the direction of separation. That the techniques of left-hand path leads to separation is an own definition of Setianism that has nothing to do with the origins of the left-hand tradition in India.

Best wishes,
Sin

Onkara

Hi Onkarah,

Because of the fact, that Vamacara, Tantrayana ... were ever dependent on the Buddistic and Hindustic conceptions of Moksha. Both left-hand path and right-hand path lead to union with the absolute. Within the monistic conceptions there was no separation, the tools of the left-hand were only a way to reach Enlightment (union with die Absolute) faster than with the tools of the right-hand.
In dualistic schools as Sankhya the direction was the separation. But in these schools separation was also the direction of the right-hand path.
In fact, there was no left-hand path within a monistic conception that leads to separation, and according to this, there was no right-hand path within a dualistic school that leads to union with Absolute.
Both left and right were only paths to reach enlightment within the same conception of the world.

This has nothing to do with Setian "beliefs". Setianism is a western school of the left-hand path because of its techniques. But not because of the direction of separation. That the techniques of left-hand path leads to separation is an own definition of Setianism that has nothing to do with the origins of the left-hand tradition in India.

Best wishes,
Sin

Thank you Sin
In that case I feel you are aware of the answer. I am grateful for your explanation also. There is no transcendence beyond either goal of either path, they both lead to the same goal. The goal is not transcendable.

I feel also you know the answer to your other posting on Religious Systems and the Objective Universe. Feel free to correct me.

May I be so forward to ask, what you are looking for?

Respectfully, Onkarah.

TThere is no transcendence beyond either goal of either path, they both lead to the same goal. The goal is not transcendable.

Yes, I think first of all we must get a precisely idea of the authentic tradition. And after this we can define and reflect our own understanding in the terms of old traditions.

I feel also you know the answer to your other posting on Religious Systems and the Objective Universe. Feel free to correct me.

Not really, I'm not very sure... and looking forward to get answers from members of the Temple of Set.

May I be so forward to ask, what you are looking for?

...looking for answers. I can explain my own thoughts and explore the world from my point of view...but I need inspiration from outside.

Best wishes,
Sin

Onkara

Yes, I think first of all we must get a precisely idea of the authentic tradition. And after this we can define and reflect our own understanding in the terms of old traditions.

Not really, I'm not very sure... and looking forward to get answers from members of the Temple of Set.

...looking for answers. I can explain my own thoughts and explore the world from my point of view...but I need inspiration from outside.

Best wishes,
Sin

Thank you Sin.
I was not aware of such similiarities before your posts, so I remain intresested. However I will need to answer questions on Setian Philsophy first to be able to be clear going forward. I have begun at xeper.org.

The individual does not exist in the Absolute Consciousness (monism). Setian Philosophy appears to have the Individual at it's core and rejects Universal Consciousness.

Kind regards, Onkarah.

I was not aware of such similiarities before your posts, so I remain intresested. However I will need to answer questions on Setian Philsophy first to be able to be clear going forward. I have begun at xeper.org.

Xeper.org is IMO a good source to get an idea what Setianism means. 10 years before I was a member of the Temple and since this time I was getting deeper in the Eastern mysteries, thus my questions around Setianism are more in detail than 11 years before.

The individual does not exist in the Absolute Consciousness (monism). Setian Philosophy appears to have the Individual at it's core and rejects Universal Consciousness.
yes, the "cogito ergo sum" is the base, your own knowledge that your Self is incompatible to the rest of the universe.

Valor

May i please stress this book titled "Lords of the Left Hand Path" by Flowers. It's a great compendium concerning the history and our evolution via LHP fore fathers. Very well put together and it's bibliography is worth the money alone!

Lords of the Left-Hand Path - $36.00 : Runa Raven Press, Literature and Books on Rune Magic, Mythical Studies, Left-hand Path

Excelsi, Valor!

Hi Valor,

thanks for this, I haven't read the book, but I think its merely wrote from the western perspective. Please correct me if I fail.

Best wishes,

Xeper.

Valor

Hi Valor,

thanks for this, I haven't read the book, but I think its merely wrote from the western perspective. Please correct me if I fail.

Best wishes,

Xeper.

No my friend, its from a universal perspective, this is exactly why it's such a great must have book.;)

Which eastern cults were described in the book? Are there detailed informations about connections between these eastern cults and the western sinister ways?

Valor

Which eastern cults were described in the book? Are there detailed informations about connections between these eastern cults and the western sinister ways?

Lets look at half of the chapters:

The left hand path intro
the rhp and lhp
White magic/Black magic
Lords of the LHP
eastern tradition
the lhp in the east
lhp/rhp in the east
the lhp in hinduism
methods of hindu lhp
the lhp in buddhism
methods of lhp buddhism
zoroastrianusm and the lhp
roots of western tradition
roots of lhp in the west
pagan roots in europe
the hellenic lhp
Prometheus and Pandora: origins of evil
transformitive effects on humanity
the myth of prometheus and the lhp
greek mysteries and the lhp
Pythagoras and the lhp
plato and the lhp
the epicurean and stoic schools
lhp in the north
slavic lhp
lhp among semites
orthodox hebrew sythesis of the rhp
the hamitic lhp
the cult of Set
the first millennium
gnosticism and the lhp
islam and the lhp
assasins and the old man in the mountain
the yezidi devil worshipers
the path of satan
the lhp in western middle ages
the christain heritics
the dualists
the pantheistic free spirits
the witch craze
the faustian path
lucifer unbound
the modern age and new understandings
"old nick"
lucifer and the enlightenment
to rule in hell
the hell-fire club
the devine marquis
the dawn of the faustian age
goethe and faust
the classic devil
satan in the 19th century
the devil and the romantics
Le Diable au XIXe siecle
Leo taxil and the anarchistic art of hoaxing
the red devil
the devil in karl marx
the anarchistic devil
rites and rutuals of bolshevism
the bolsheviks anf the empire of evil
the will to power, nietzsche the antichrist
an interlude in the absolute elsewhere
adolf hitler and the modern mythologizing of evil
nazi irrationalism and paganism
the fact behind the mythos
nazi medievalism and science
the life of adolf hitler: wolf unbound
the life of heinrich himmler
lord of the black knights
sources of study of the nazi and magic
nazi cosmology
nazi methodology
the rituals of nazism
the nazis anf the lhp
the occult revival
helena petrovana blavatsky
theosophy and the lhp

Listen...lol...i only got to less than half of them...theres two more pages listed here! I'm ran outa room . But theres so much more from Saturnian, gregorious, Crowley, CoS, Tos...ect...ect.........................go's on and on. Just buy the book.