• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wonder

RestlessSoul

Not necessarily just brain chemistry. I see the brain as a tap into a universal consciousness, like your computer taps into the internet.

Okay. So how are you defining this universal consciousness? Is it a shared human consciousness, like the Jungian collective unconscious? Or something bigger? Do you mean that the universe itself is conscious?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I wonder since a believer in God can not physically prove God as a being, the reason is because God arise from within our true being, and only the person who practice to purify their true being will experience God?

I did say in an OP some time ago, God is energy, so maybe the energy of God arise from within our being when we practice the teaching we follow.

That would mean, each one of us will understand God differently.

Thoughts?

Our understandings of God would differ about as much as our physical bodies do.

PruePhillip

I wonder since a believer in God can not physically prove God as a being, the reason is because God arise from within our true being, and only the person who practice to purify their true being will experience God?

I did say in an OP some time ago, God is energy, so maybe the energy of God arise from within our being when we practice the teaching we follow.

Thoughts?

The realm of religious faith is different to the realm of the physical world. It
is stated in the bible that if you cannot 'prove for yourself' God's presence
then you don't understand. But if you seek a corporate proof (proving for
others) of God's existance then you don't understand either.
The God of the bible has 'paralled' His word with natural, physical symbols.
God's people, God's compassion, God's wrath, God's city etc.. So the Jew
became the standard bearer of God, whether they liked it or not.
So the Jews provided the motifs - forever few in number, living in a tiny land,
highly capable, called out of the world (Egypt) given a 'Promised Land', exiled
for sin, sent into captivity, redeemed from captivity, a holy city, the sanctuary,
ark of God's presence, punishment for 'not knowing the time of their visitation'
with exile into the whole world, brought back to Israel when the Gentiles time
'is fulfilled' and so on.

Jacob in Egypt ca 2000 BC spoke of this when he told his son Juda there
would one day be a Hebrew nation with a monarchy and the law, and it would
last until the Messiah came. And the Gentiles would believe in this Messiah.

InvestigateTruth

Thoughts?
If God is energy, energy doesn't understand anything, it has no will. Heat is an energy. Electricity is another energy type, and so on.
I don't think anyone can understand God. It is only imagination.

InChrist

Free4ever

Thoughts?
My thought is that since God is outside the physical realm and beyond finite human understanding we are in need of God’s revelation so that we have accurate understanding, rather than a confusion of wrong ideas or assumptions about God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Thoughts?

If our actions are for God, be they atheist, non-Muslim, etc, searching for God, God will show himself. He only hides himself and veils himself from those who actions are for other then him.

Clara Tea

Thoughts?

It certainly seems as though God needs believers to maintain his power. It's almost like clapping for Tinker Bell. Could it just be a matter of listening and obeying? That is, if we are focused on some golden calf idol invented by mankind, we might lose faith in the real God, and stop heeding his advice.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I don’t think that only those who work at “purifying” themselves are able to experience God because when it first began happening to me, I was pretty much doing the opposite.
From Hindu POV, and my experience:
Maybe that was a gift of God (happened to me at least)
(Maybe in previous birth you already did this)
(IF it would be you doing it, it would be a more or less continuous experience, as people usually change very slowly)

Pure soul is on many levels. Maybe some levels you were purified. I have always been kind and friendly, so I was purified on that level. My challenge was with diet, eating more than needed.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
From Hindu POV, and my experience:
Maybe that was a gift of God (happened to me at least)
(Maybe in previous birth you already did this)
(IF it would be you doing it, it would be a more or less continuous experience, as people usually change very slowly)

Pure soul is on many levels. Maybe some levels you were purified. I have always been kind and friendly, so I was purified on that level. My challenge was with diet, eating more than needed.

Dear stvdv

Thank you for your comment; I have not thought of it that way… I remember someone saying something about balance once, but I’m not too sure about these things.

Your reply made me think about the Ten Commandments. In my mind, I ran through them but I’d have to be honest and admit that I was frequently breaking almost all of them at the time. However, I had began to question my ways towards the end…

Encountering God certainly feels like a huge gift and blessing that one is never quite truly worthy of and that is why one treasures it so dearly and feels that one cannot ignore its calling.

Perhaps one ought not think too much about the why’s of such things and simply be grateful that one was in the correct frame of mind to receive and understand God’s help.

Humbly
Hermit

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Dear stvdv

Thank you for your comment; I have not thought of it that way…
Dear Hermit,
You're welcome, and thank you for your kind words

Your reply made me think about the Ten Commandments. In my mind, I ran through them but I’d have to be honest and admit that I was frequently breaking almost all of them at the time. However, I had began to question my ways towards the end…
You probably have read the story about the man trying to split a rock. He gave up, and the next person split the rock with 1 blow.

Maybe violating the 10 Commandments were your last few blows... and God knows, hence He Granted your experience to help you

Encountering God certainly feels like a huge gift and blessing that one is never quite truly worthy of and that is why one treasures it so dearly and feels that one cannot ignore its calling.
:)
Yes, I also am so grateful that God Granted me all my experiences. I feel similar like you "I was definitely no Saint this life (not too bad, but no Saint either)"

With such experiences all doubts about God vanish, and indeed I only have 1 calling left

Perhaps one ought not think too much about the why’s of such things and simply be grateful that one was in the correct frame of mind to receive and understand God’s help.
:)
True.

And too much thinking obstructs experiencing God

Love, Peace and Blessings my brother

Clara Tea

Thoughts?

I think that God is made of trillions of spirits (souls), and he puts one in each person, which guides that person. If bad, it guides them to hell, and if good, it guides them to heaven. This means that God is using people as a purification process of himself.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think that God is made of trillions of spirits (souls), and he puts one in each person, which guides that person. If bad, it guides them to hell, and if good, it guides them to heaven. This means that God is using people as a purification process of himself.
My understanding is that God already are purified but humans are far from pure

Clara Tea

If God is energy, energy doesn't understand anything, it has no will. Heat is an energy. Electricity is another energy type, and so on.
I don't think anyone can understand God. It is only imagination.
The brain is energy (stored in brain cells...essentially fat). Computers store data as energy.