• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wonder what i can do for the Israeli and Palestine people to help them.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The thought of helping both Israeli and Palestine civilian people in their need now in the difficult times during the war there, is becoming stronger and stronger within me.
How can little me give them what they are in need of?, be it, food, water, clothing or even chelter for those who lost their homes.
Fundraising may be one way, but who know how long time it will take before it would be to their help?

Collecting clothes and ship it may be one way, but how expensive will it be? (maybe the only way is to work together with organizations who do this all the time)

I wonder.....

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The thought of helping both Israeli and Palestine civilian people in their need now in the difficult times during the war there, is becoming stronger and stronger within me.
How can little me give them what they are in need of?, be it, food, water, clothing or even chelter for those who lost their homes.
Fundraising may be one way, but who know how long time it will take before it would be to their help?

Collecting clothes and ship it may be one way, but how expensive will it be? (maybe the only way is to work together with organizations who do this all the time)

I wonder.....
You are speaking for all good humanitarians CT...and the hopelessness of the situation is not lost on any of them.
The more people you try to help, the more people there are needing help. Who can save them? Who can give them a better world to live in? Only God can do what needs to be done because rooting out evil is the first step. Unless evil and those who practice it are removed permanently, it will be like trying to fill a bathtub with no plug.

This is what I believe God's Kingdom is for....Jesus will see to it that all enemies of peace will be eliminated from existence, and then the ones who are left will build a new world where peace and security will be the 'norm'. (2 Peter 3:13) No evil will be allowed there and so peace and harmony with all earth's inhabitants will be assured just as it was intended to be at the beginning....you don't think that we have gone through all the tragedy in this life for nothing....?

Can you see yourself working shoulder to shoulder with those who want to bring back the paradise conditions that we lost all those thousands of years ago? Its what the first humans were commissioned to do at the beginning.....to 'fill the earth' with their children and make the whole planet like the garden of Eden.

Can you picture yourself here? There is a reason why we find these scenes appealing...like they are calling us "home"....
images
images
images
images
images
images

The Bible's prophesies all point to these becoming a reality, and I believe that we will not have much longer to wait.

I want to be part of that... :) what about you?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I wonder.....

Find a non prodite charity that donates 100% of its income to its aims (most don't) and either donate to them or offer your services to assist then

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You are speaking for all good humanitarians CT...and the hopelessness of the situation is not lost on any of them.
The more people you try to help, the more people there are needing help. Who can save them? Who can give them a better world to live in? Only God can do what needs to be done because rooting out evil is the first step. Unless evil and those who practice it are removed permanently, it will be like trying to fill a bathtub with no plug.

This is what I believe God's Kingdom is for....Jesus will see to it that all enemies of peace will be eliminated from existence, and then the ones who are left will build a new world where peace and security will be the 'norm'. (2 Peter 3:13) No evil will be allowed there and so peace and harmony with all earth's inhabitants will be assured just as it was intended to be at the beginning....you don't think that we have gone through all the tragedy in this life for nothing....?

Can you see yourself working shoulder to shoulder with those who want to bring back the paradise conditions that we lost all those thousands of years ago? Its what the first humans were commissioned to do at the beginning.....to 'fill the earth' with their children and make the whole planet like the garden of Eden.

Can you picture yourself here? There is a reason why we find these scenes appealing...like they are calling us "home"....
images
images
images
images
images
images

The Bible's prophesies all point to these becoming a reality, and I believe that we will not have much longer to wait.

I want to be part of that... :) what about you?
Thank you for your reply @Deeje
What you say is so true.

To answer our question, could i work shoulder to shoulder with thosw who wish to bring back paradise on earth?
I would of course do so:) Just because someone may have a different religious belief does not mean i could not work with them. Every human being is a brother or a sister to me.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
For those of us who believe, prayer.

I'm not sure what much else, realistically, can be done by the average joe on another continent :(

if one sends stuff, one can't be sure of where it actually goes.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
For those of us who believe, prayer.

I'm not sure what much else, realistically, can be done by the average joe on another continent :(
I agree that prayer in the time of need like the one we see in both Israel and in Palestine now is the best way when we live far away. And personally i see no difference in israeli or palestine human beings. So to me it is to pray for them all.

Heyo

Veteran Member

I wonder.....
Your impulse to help speaks for you but I think it is misplaced. It is also kind of condescending. Both Israeli and Palestine people like it the way it is. We have to respect that. They have democratic elections there and they voted for the militant leadership. No matter who or how you support, in the end you support a war. If you want to help them come to their senses, boycott them.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Your impulse to help speaks for you but I think it is misplaced. It is also kind of condescending. Both Israeli and Palestine people like it the way it is. We have to respect that. They have democratic elections there and they voted for the militant leadership. No matter who or how you support, in the end you support a war. If you want to help them come to their senses, boycott them.
Supporting civilianson both sides are condesending? How?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Supporting civilianson both sides are condesending? How?
It is not a natural disaster that struck that region and they are not third world countries. They have enough money to care for their people (if they want to). At least they have enough money for their war machines. Relieving them from the care for the people just means, they'll have more money for rockets and plains.
And remember that those civilians voted for their militant leaders. They wanted this conflict and they got it and it's not that they didn't know what they voted for, this conflict is going on for decades.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I remember that sometimes when things get so protracted, the thought of just leaving the two sides to slug it out until one or the other, or even both, are no longer standing becomes more appealing.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It is not a natural disaster that struck that region and they are not third world countries. They have enough money to care for their people (if they want to). At least they have enough money for their war machines. Relieving them from the care for the people just means, they'll have more money for rockets and plains.
And remember that those civilians voted for their militant leaders. They wanted this conflict and they got it and it's not that they didn't know what they voted for, this conflict is going on for decades.
I have friends living on both sides, so yes i am aware it has been back and forth for decades, that does not mean one should leave the sick, old and kids or females living in fear like that.
I am neutral when it comes to what they politicans do, i honestly do not care about politics at all. but i do care for human beings.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I have friends living on both sides, so yes i am aware it has been back and forth for decades, that does not mean one should leave the sick, old and kids or females living in fear like that.
Petition your government to accept (more) refugees from Palestine and Israel. That way you're not supporting the war but those who are really suffering and want to get away from it. If you have the means, invite your friends from the region to visit you.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Petition your government to accept (more) refugees from Palestine and Israel. That way you're not supporting the war but those who are really suffering and want to get away from it. If you have the means, invite your friends from the region to visit you.
I have already invited my friends and family to come stay with me (on my expence) But they have difficulty leaving their countries.

As i said i am a non political person (i do not believe political "power" is the solution here.)