• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's marching because of Trump: do you agree or disagree with their cause?

Do you agree or disagree with the cause behind the subject women's marching?

• Total voters

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hello guys.

I believe it is know already that so many women are marching, mainly in USA and in some other countries to support them, for things Trump did. The thread is simple; do you agree or disagree with their cause?

It even has a Wikipedia page now:
2017 Women's March - Wikipedia

I'm not gonna vote because I don't understand the situation clearly. My heart is in their favor, tho.

Please also keep in mind that the poll is specially about the cause the women hold behind it.

Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
It would have been great if it was simple :(

But it wasn't purely about Trump. It was more that he was the catalyst, showing an example of misogyny and other oppressions in society. Lots of the leaders in the marches they weren't marching because of Trump, but because of global structural misogyny in society.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hmm... I though some bill managed to specially trigger the marches.

I'm mostly with the women in this, but can't make a decision because I don't have a full understanding if the situation.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It was just an exercise in generalities; no depth or defined grievance came out of the march. If they were tired of making sandwiches just say so.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
It was just an exercise in generalities; no depth or defined grievance came out of the march. If they were tired of making sandwiches just say so.

Or maybe they just heard of a handsome fella called Smart Guy. That's quite understandable.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Hello guys.

I believe it is know already that so many women are marching, mainly in USA and in some other countries to support them, for things Trump did. The thread is simple; do you agree or disagree with their cause?

I'm not gonna vote because I don't understand the situation clearly. My heart is in their favor, tho.

Please also keep in mind that the poll is specially about the cause the women hold behind it.

Thank you for sharing.
One of the main criticisms of the march was that it had no real defined cause other than emotionally vague terms and just a general dislike of Trump.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
One of the main criticisms of the march was that it had no real defined cause other than emotionally vague terms and just a general dislike of Trump.

I heard rumors that Trump did something to the funds for Planned Parenthood. But dunno really, I don't that's enough to make gazillion woman march like that.

Kirran

Premium Member
I heard rumors that Trump did something to the funds for Planned Parenthood. But dunno really, I don't that's enough to make gazillion woman march like that.

Doing something to Planned Parenthood is basically seven old men signing a bill which dictates what 175 million American women can do with their own bodies. Regardless of one's stance on contraception, abortion etc, if it's Trump and pals' decision vs the individual women's decision, I know where I'm landing.

David1967

Premium Member
Hello guys.

Thank you for sharing.

First of all, I respect the right of peaceful protest in the USA. But I voted "I don't agree with it" as it seems to be mostly sour grapes due to the election not going to Hillary, and ,I would think a protest against someone would come after and if they did something perceived as wrong, not what they think he might do. Waste of time and energy at this point IMO.:shrug:

David1967

Premium Member

Maybe, but ,as with most protests (IMHO) many people just like to protest. If Planned parenthood stopped providing abortions, I wouldn't have a problem with them but as it is, I am not a supporter.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Doing something to Planned Parenthood is basically seven old men signing a bill which dictates what 175 million American women can do with their own bodies. Regardless of one's stance on contraception, abortion etc, if it's Trump and pals' decision vs the individual women's decision, I know where I'm landing.

I'm not familiar with US politics. Do such decisions apply without the need on the president's approval?

Kirran

Premium Member
I'm not familiar with US politics. Do such decisions apply without the need on the president's approval?

In this case Trump signed an executive order, which is basically a command that things be changed that bypasses the rest of the democratic apparatus.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
In this case Trump signed an executive order, which is basically a command that things be changed that bypasses the rest of the democratic apparatus.

Is it safe to say this the ultimate action that defines the decision and have it official?