• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women(Status) In Christianity.

One question which tingles me most is about the women's status in Bibble. What position they occupy in society? Are they equal to Men?
If so, then why were they treated as slaves? Why were meetings held(in European countries)) whether to consider them as humans or not??(about 1500 years back). Why England regarded them as second class citizens. Obviously we all about female infant burials in the east...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
samgeorge11 said:
One question which tingles me most is about the women's status in Bibble.
It's interesting that issues concerning women tingles you. How tingled do you get from this Vanity Fair article?
DAUGHTERS OF FRANCE, DAUGHTERS OF ALLAH

From news reports, it may have seemed that the greatest threat to France's secular values was Islamic headscarves in public schools. But thousands of the French girls wearing the scarf are trapped in strict Muslim families, forced into marriage, and brutalized for seeking the freedoms all around them. ...
The article is but one of many.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Galations 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. NIV

I think that is pretty clear. The rest depends on current societal views.

Deut. 32.8 said:
It's interesting that issues concerning women tingles you. How tingled do you get from this Vanity Fair article?
DAUGHTERS OF FRANCE, DAUGHTERS OF ALLAH

From news reports, it may have seemed that the greatest threat to France's secular values was Islamic headscarves in public schools. But thousands of the French girls wearing the scarf are trapped in strict Muslim families, forced into marriage, and brutalized for seeking the freedoms all around them. ...
The article is but one of many.
Extremely tingled I would say, but its your misjudgment which tingles me here. Let me attack your statement clause by clause.
*Firstly wearing a head scarf wouldn't make her backward in any way, cause from the very beginning Moslem women weren't denied education(unlike ancient Christians, Jews, Hindus etc..), infact Islam was the major reason for Renaissance.
*Secondly "forced into marriage" is absurd and insane. Every Moslem girl has full right to chose her husband (see him, decide etc etc..) and obviously has every right of DENIAL! Thats why I lay extreme emphasis to rely on authetic information and go deep into the roots rather than assaulting any religious traditions.
*Brutalized for seeking freedom. Lets see what you regard freedom as. Is it freedom of speech? Freedom of Education? Freedom of Voting? Freedom of Property? Life? Inheritane? ..Well these all are satisfied
OR pre-marriage Sex is the only Freedom you consider as freedom??

Hoping for an early reply!!

dan

samgeorge11 said:
One question which tingles me most is about the women's status in Bibble. What position they occupy in society? Are they equal to Men?
If so, then why were they treated as slaves? Why were meetings held(in European countries)) whether to consider them as humans or not??(about 1500 years back). Why England regarded them as second class citizens. Obviously we all about female infant burials in the east...
The practices of the Catholic church and its offspring are about as far removed from the doctrines of the Bible as the earth is from the sky.

jvi

Women represent religions in the Bible.If you married an Egyptian woman for example, it meant you married into Egyptian Babylonian ways since Babylon ways moved to Egypt. Adam was with Woman in the Garden of Eden. Woman was the religion of God.When Woman got contaminated she fell and was renamed Eve and gave birth to fallen mankind.

Now Mary was a Judean and the mother of Jesus who was also a Judean.Jesus called Mary as Woman when he said."Woman behold your son" indicating he restored mankind back to Woman.So if we want to get back to the Garden of Eden we should be spiritual Judeans like Jesus.

Finnyhaha

Women represent religions in the Bible.If you married an Egyptian woman for example, it meant you married into Egyptian Babylonian ways since Babylon ways moved to Egypt. Adam was with Woman in the Garden of Eden. Woman was the religion of God.When Woman got contaminated she fell and was renamed Eve and gave birth to fallen mankind.

Now Mary was a Judean and the mother of Jesus who was also a Judean.Jesus called Mary as Woman when he said."Woman behold your son" indicating he restored mankind back to Woman.So if we want to get back to the Garden of Eden we should be spiritual Judeans like Jesus.
Uhh. . what?

dan

jvi said:
Christ called Mary Woman because she was the superlative woman in His life, as was every Jewish man's mother. It's the same way Christ is referred to as the Son of Man. Ehich man? The superlative man, God.

dan

NetDoc said:
C'mon Dan...

Don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel. You don't really need all that tact now do you? :D
I try with little success to bridle my tongue on this issue. If one looks at the history of that organization it is difficult to feel anything other than disgust. My buddy and I were talking about religions and their money and we remarked that the Catholics church's holdings are pretty much all money they've stolen from demographics they've murdered. Filthy lucre indeed. That's one example (about the most tame one I could think of), but this is no place to discuss the state of that organization.

Scuba Pete

Thankfully the scriptures do NOT share your view point.

Philippians 1:15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. NIV

Your lack of tact is NOT a fruit of the Spirit, but rather one of the flesh. Before you start throwing stones or picking out motes, you should be sure that YOU are without sin first. I do not ascribe to much of the dogma that constitutes the Catholic Church, but I do consider some of them as brothers.

dan

As do I. The fact that I take issue with their history in no way means I take issue with any of their members. As far as doctrine goes, they can believe whatever they want. I grant to everyone the right to believe whatever their conscience dictates, and my Christian love is extended to all members of the human family without condition. My ire lies with the actions they've taken in the past during their "preaching." I believe the scripture you quote in no way applies to the history I speak of, for Christ was not preached. Now He is and I can honestly say I'm glad so many Catholics have faith in Him. These days the church is much different and I am very interested in its goings on. I payed great attention to the Conclave and love to hear what changes are taking place.

I believe you misinterpret exactly where I'm coming from, and the same can be said about your picking out motes. The last time I checked you were also a sinner.

Scuba Pete

Misinterpret? Didn't you post this?
Dan said:
The practices of the Catholic church and its offspring are about as far removed from the doctrines of the Bible as the earth is from the sky.
You in no way indicated "past indiscretions" or "past practices". But if you want to change your words to more accurately reflect what you DO believe, then please do. We all make mistakes. But please don't accuse me of misinterpreting "exactly where" you are coming from when you make statements like these.

BTW, please tell me of anything lacking on my part. I for one, WANT to change and would appreciate any additional insight in my character. Feedback is a gift.

KevinR

Net Doc and Dan are famous for deviating from the subjects in question.
It forces me to abandon the topic altogether.

fromthe heart

samgeorge11 said:
tingles? not sure how that is meant but to respond to the question at hand...God did not enslave anyone; man did. Those of us who have been born again and baptized are one with Christ and not second class to any other man OR woman. Any meetings or incidents as you have mentioned are done by the work of MAN alone and has nothing to do with God. This is just some of the evils of the worldly.

The things you spoke of are horrible occurances indeed but make no mistake if I were to be made a slave at this very moment by man I would still be the sister to all whom are God's and that fact will never change as the world does.:)

dan

samgeorge11 spoke of issues with the way women were treated in the past. That treatment was a result of the doctrine they preached and that was what I addressed. The past indiscretions were what I spoke of when I said their history made me sick. The part about their doctrine being incorrect was mere statement of opinion, and I believe I'm still entitled to that, just as any Catholic is entitled to believe their doctrine. I don't hate their doctrine or anyone in their organization, I just don't feel that something true can grow out of something false.

SpiritElf

From the heart, what an excellent post!

So the OP has issues with the history of how women were treated, eh? Well, as a woman, I have issues with the way that MOST societies treated women. However, that was in the past. So ...um...get over it. Worry instead about female infanticide, genital mutilation, etc that still goes on in the world.
Luckily, the Bible does not promote the attitude that women are inferior, so we can't blame God. As Heart said, blame Man.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
KevinR said:
Net Doc and Dan are famous for deviating from the subjects in question.
It forces me to abandon the topic altogether.
Hi KevinR, Namaste.

I just noticed that you are new to the forum, and therefore wished to welcome you; pehaps you might like to introduce yoyurself in Are you new to ReligiousForums.com?

You might like to have a look at : Articles for New Members ; from which there is a link to the forum rules, which you ought to look at.

I look forwards to seeing you on the forum, and to your posts.:)