• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women, Preachers, Teachers, and ..... Pastors ... Ordained?

101G

There are still some denominations that are in the DARK concerning women Preaching and Teaching God's Holy Word. and many still will not "Ordain" a woman no matter what wok she dose in the Lord, (Not saying all, but some). the Holy Spirit via his apostle Paul said this, 1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

so, why is there divisions among US? if we say that we're Christians, or ..... Servants of God, (no matter your religion), why not obey him? there are many passages that is not brought to the "LIGHT" that shows that a woman, A. can Preach and Teach, and B. that a woman can Pastor, and be Deacons in the Church of the Lord Jesus. and do the "WORK" in the Lord as a Male can do. (101G uses Gender just to make the point).

as a Matter of fact, according to the Bible, while the Lord Jesus was on Earth and in flesh and blood. he was PREACHED of a woman concerning his redemption in Israel. also, why in the catholic Church woman are forbidden to preach and teach and pastor? also to be "Ordain" when the bible is clear as day on the subject.

according to the book of Romans, the First Pastor to the Church at ROME was a WOMAN. these and many more misconceptions in passages that leads one to divisions. this topic puts an end to this IGNORANCE.

let's start with the Gospels. as said a woman, (a prophetess), preached redemption in Israel. so, why preach? for THAT, which was spoke by the prophets of old, when that is manifested, or appeared, or has come. there is no longer the need to prophies it. because what was spoken by the prophets has come now it is to be PREACHED, proclaim, or PUBLISH, to all the World.

101G

Our first Gospel Preacher of Redemption, a Woman. Luke 2:36 "And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;" Luke 2:37 "And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day." Luke 2:38 "And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem."

hear, we have our First human preacher of God's redemption. Anna, the prophetess. for the term "spake" here is also translated "Preach",
G2980 λαλέω laleo (lal-ye'-ō) v.
to talk, i.e. speak words.
[a prolonged form of an otherwise obsolete verb]
KJV: preach, say, speak (after), talk, tell, utter

and this is backed up in other passages to support this preaching of this prophetess. SHE PREACHED JESUS.

101G.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't have a lot of time, but I'm willing to take the opposite position. Women are not like men. They like to feel protected. When they don't feel protected and supported there are psychological effects such as nervousness and other effects. This results in a different dynamic when they are in charge, so having a woman in charge or a man in charge is not the same thing. Their sex matters, and so you cannot say it is the same. They also seem more prone to favoring their own children without even realizing that they are doing so. Where their own children are involved they often must make an effort to take other people into account. I don't think you have to look far for examples of this. Why put them in charge of multiple families? They will likely favor their own children without even realizing it.

Do you think differently? Why?

Prophetesses in scripture don't have children or have given their children away or are very old.

There are women among Jesus disciples but not among his apostles, unless you want to count Junia who comes much later and is not one of the twelve. Explain why none of them are women.

Why is the Torah entrusted to men instead of women? Explain this.

101G

I don't have a lot of time, but I'm willing to take the opposite position. Women are not like men. They like to feel protected. When they don't feel protected and supported there are psychological effects such as nervousness and other effects. This results in a different dynamic when they are in charge, so having a woman in charge or a man in charge is not the same thing. Their sex matters, and so you cannot say it is the same. They also seem more prone to favoring their own children without even realizing that they are doing so. Where their own children are involved they often must make an effort to take other people into account. I don't think you have to look far for examples of this. Why put them in charge of multiple families? They will likely favor their own children without even realizing it.

Do you think differently? Why?

Prophetesses in scripture don't have children or have given their children away or are very old.

There are women among Jesus disciples but not among his apostles, unless you want to count Junia who comes much later and is not one of the twelve. Explain why none of them are women.

Why is the Torah entrusted to men instead of women? Explain this.
thanks for the reply, I'll address your reply one point at a time.
#1." Women are not like men". is that physically, (and are you applying that to all women?). but Spiritually NO. for in Christ Jesus there is neither male nor Female.

#2. "They like to feel protected. When they don't feel protected and supported there are psychological effects such as nervousness and other effects. This results in a different dynamic when they are in charge, so having a woman in charge or a man in charge is not the same thing." that cannot be applied to all women.

#3. "Why put them in charge of multiple families? ". that's a personal opinion, which neither you nor I can make, only the Lord Jesus.

#4. "Why is the Torah entrusted to men instead of women? Explain this." who told you that LIE? you better read up on Huldah, and Deborah, who was a JUDGE over all Israel, (meaning men and women).

#5. "Prophetesses in scripture don't have children or have given their children away or are very old.", another ERROR, Isaiah wife was a Prophetesses, they had a child, did thy give the chikd away?

#. 6. none of your excuses are valid.

101G.

101G

Anna, the prophetess who preached REDEMPTION in Israel . Luke 2:38 "And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem."

this term "Spake" as said is the Hebrew term,
G2980 λαλέω laleo (lal-ye'-ō) v.
to talk, i.e. speak words.
[a prolonged form of an otherwise obsolete verb]
KJV: preach, say, speak (after), talk, tell, utter

how do 101G know that as the definition states, it can be translated as "preach". for the bible tells us so. Peter and John, scripture, Acts 4:1 "And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them," Acts 4:2 "Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead."

Peter and Jon "Taught/Teached" and Preached to the People. for verse one said they "Spake" unto the people. and verse 2 explained how they "spake", "they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead." BINGO.

scripture, confirm Scripture,

101G.

101G

The woman Bishop. Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:" the Greek term "Helper is,
G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj.
a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor.
[from a presumed compound of G4862 and the base of G2041]
KJV: companion in labour, (fellow-)helper(-labourer, -worker), labourer together with, workfellow
Root(s): G4862, G2041

if one is in the roman catholic faith, one right off the bat would know what the term "coadjutor" means. all else can look it up.

so, we have a female/woman Bishop right in the scriptures.

101G.

101G

I say ordain away!
correct and it's biblical, supportive scripture. 1 Corinthians 12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues."

that term "set" here is the Greek word, for "ORDAIN"
G5087 τίθημι tithemi (tiy'-thee-miy) v.
θέω theo (the'-ō) [an alternate in certain tenses]
1. to place.
2. (properly) to lay in a passive or horizontal posture.
{in the widest application, literally and figuratively; differs from G2476, which properly denotes an upright and active position, while G2749 is properly reflexive and utterly prostrate}
[a prolonged form of a primary theo theh'-o (which is used only as alternate in certain tenses)]
KJV: + advise, appoint, bow, commit, conceive, give, X kneel down, lay (aside, down, up), make, ordain, purpose, put, set (forth), settle, sink down
Compare: G2476, G2749

the apostle Paul use it in him being "ordained" as a preacher, and apostle. scripture, 1 Timothy 2:7 "Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity."

here, "ordained" is the same word used in 1 Corinthians 12:28 as "set".
so, prophets, male and females are to be "ordained" in the Lord Jesus Church. Moon you are correct..... "ordain" them

as well as "Teachers" also, meaning, bishops and pastors. who also teach, and preach.

next time these two verses, 1 Corinthians 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law."

1 Timothy 2:12 "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

101G

Sir Joseph

I have neither the expertise nor desire to argue the egalitarian versus complementarian points of view for womens' roles in the church. However, I am almost done with an 11-part 27/hr YouTube video series that Mike Winger has completed on the subject. And I'm willing to bet that his personal reading of all of the popular egalitarian books and months of research on the subject far surpasses any study that others here may have done on the matter. In other words, he's dissected the issue in more detail than probably anyone else imaginable, and his scriptural bases for favoring one view over the other is solid.

In short, the Bible allows women to prophesy, minister, serve, and teach other women and children, but not to hold authority over men as elders, pastors, or church leaders.

In the same way that popular culture rejects the differences and roles that God established between a husband and wife, the trend now is to do the same for men and womens' roles in the church. For anyone seriously interested in the subject, I recommend watching this first video in the series to wet your appetite for finding truth on the matter. If you have the fortitude to watch the whole series, I think the Biblical basis for a complementarian point of view will become decisive.

101G

In short, the Bible allows women to prophesy, minister, serve, and teach other women and children, but not to hold authority over men as elders, pastors, or church leaders.
that the problem with MEN, and not God. now, if Women are only allowed to teach only other woman why have a male teacher or a male Pastor? if God intended that way, then God LIED, (God forbid), when he said he's no respecter of persons. and also when he said, "there are no male and female in his body. so the problem is not God but IGNORANT men.
In the same way that popular culture rejects the differences and roles that God established between a husband and wife,
Nonsense, God is Clear. he made male and female "EQUAL" and gave them dominion over the earth, not just him, the male. Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

now, as far as the video goes, right off the bat he says this is secondary? ERROR, all are FIRST of Order. Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" this is why so much DIVISION. "Oh we can just agree to disagree", or this is nothing to die over. 1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

the scriptures are not changing. one might say "this is my interpretation". well let's put and end to that, 2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." we suggest that the HOLY SPIRIT teach us.
1 Corinthians 3:3 "For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?" 1 Corinthians 3:4 "For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?" 1 Corinthians 3:5 "Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?" 1 Corinthians 3:6 "I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase."

again, we suggest one go to God, and LET GOD BE OUR JUDGE and TEACHER.

101G.

101G

GINOLJC, to all.
1 Corinthians 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law."

1 Timothy 2:12 "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

these two scriptures have been taken out of context for way too long. let's get the TRUITH of both.

#1. 1 Corinthians 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law."

here, and in 1 Timothy 2:12, both are home setting. let's see. 1 Corinthians 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches". STOP, look, listen and learn. A. the apostle is not even addressing or speaking to women at all. so, who is he speaking to? husbands of wives. how do we know this? Just read the very next verse. 1 Corinthians 14:35 "And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

so, a husband, (who the scripture was directed at), was to TEACH his wife at HOME before coming to the Church house. which addresses the 1 Timothy 2:12 scripture.

so the apiostle was not speaking to Woman at all, but to the HUSBAND of wives. again the scripture, for the term "Woman" in both scriptures is the Greek word,
G1135 γυνή gune (ǰ ï-nee') n.
1. a woman.
2. (specially) a wife.
[probably from the base of G1096]
KJV: wife, woman

definition #2. is the correct answer, because the scripture states, "let them ask their husbands at home" and the ONLY WOMAN who have a husband is a Married one. so definition #2 is the correct answer.

now if the apostle would have use the term G2338, thelus which means,
female.
[from thele (the nipple)]
KJV: female, woman

then that would encompass every woman married or Not. it is good to pick up a dictionary sometimes and look up words and see what they mean before going off on your own without KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING of the scriptures. or following what some IGNORANT man say about the scriptures...... KNOW.

Now knowing this, the term "woman" in 1 Timothy 2:12 is the same word used. .... "WIFE". how do we KNOW? just read the entire context.
1 Timothy 2:12 "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." 1 Timothy 2:13 "For Adam was first formed, then Eve." 1 Timothy 2:14 "And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." 1 Timothy 2:15 "Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."
STOP, there is our answer, "she shall be saved in childbearing". well now, what KIND of Women is supposed to be bearing children? answer, a MARRIED one, a WIFE. this is just too easy not to understand.

so, 1 Timothy 2:12 is a HOME SETTING also. it is the HUSBAND responsibility of his family to be educated in the things of God, just listen to the preacher.... Ecclesiastes 1:1 "The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem." yes, Soloman was wise.

so 1 Corinthians 14:34, and 1 Timothy 2:12 has nothing to do with the Church but for MEN in the Church to teach their WIVES at HOME First before coming to the Church house.

so, no woman is not prohibited to speak in church, just as with men... "decent and in order".

Oh how easy the Scriptures is.... when the Holy Spirit is your TEACHER.

101G.

101G

Philippians 4:2 "I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord." Philippians 4:3 "And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life." Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice."

well these two women was not laboring with the apostle Paul in the Kitchen cooking, or washing dishes. no, they was laboring with the apostle Paul in the "GOSPEL".

and the term "fellowlabourers" is the Greek term,
G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj.
a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor.
[from a presumed compound of G4862 and the base of G2041]
KJV: companion in labour, (fellow-)helper(-labourer, -worker), labourer together with, workfellow
Root(s): G4862, G2041

and we know what a coadjutor is, a bishop appointed to assist a diocesan bishop, and often also designated as his successor.

101G

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
There are verses for both those who do not ordain women and those that do. Now if Yahweh had written a book himself, it would be different, but because he didn't, too many authors put their views into the books, and here we are.

101G

There are verses for both those who do not ordain women and those that do. Now if Yahweh had written a book himself, it would be different, but because he didn't, too many authors put their views into the books, and here we are.
thanks for the reply, true, but God did write the book called the bible. and he ordained women also. 1 Corinthians 12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues."

that term "SET" is also translated as Ordain. and it is God who ordained some in the church.

SET:
G5087 τίθημι tithemi (tiy'-thee-miy) v.
θέω theo (the'-ō) [an alternate in certain tenses]
1. to place.
2. (properly) to lay in a passive or horizontal posture.
{in the widest application, literally and figuratively; differs from G2476, which properly denotes an upright and active position, while G2749 is properly reflexive and utterly prostrate}
[a prolonged form of a primary theo theh'-o (which is used only as alternate in certain tenses)]
KJV: + advise, appoint, bow, commit, conceive, give, X kneel down, lay (aside, down, up), make, ordain, purpose, put, set (forth), settle, sink down
Compare: G2476, G2749

this same word is used in 1 Timothy 2:7 as "Ordained". "Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity."

101G.

There are still some denominations that are in the DARK concerning women Preaching and Teaching God's Holy Word. and many still will not "Ordain" a woman no matter what wok she dose in the Lord, (Not saying all, but some). the Holy Spirit via his apostle Paul said this, 1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

so, why is there divisions among US? if we say that we're Christians, or ..... Servants of God, (no matter your religion), why not obey him? there are many passages that is not brought to the "LIGHT" that shows that a woman, A. can Preach and Teach, and B. that a woman can Pastor, and be Deacons in the Church of the Lord Jesus. and do the "WORK" in the Lord as a Male can do. (101G uses Gender just to make the point).

as a Matter of fact, according to the Bible, while the Lord Jesus was on Earth and in flesh and blood. he was PREACHED of a woman concerning his redemption in Israel. also, why in the catholic Church woman are forbidden to preach and teach and pastor? also to be "Ordain" when the bible is clear as day on the subject.

according to the book of Romans, the First Pastor to the Church at ROME was a WOMAN. these and many more misconceptions in passages that leads one to divisions. this topic puts an end to this IGNORANCE.

let's start with the Gospels. as said a woman, (a prophetess), preached redemption in Israel. so, why preach? for THAT, which was spoke by the prophets of old, when that is manifested, or appeared, or has come. there is no longer the need to prophies it. because what was spoken by the prophets has come now it is to be PREACHED, proclaim, or PUBLISH, to all the World.
People are ordained but may not even mean anything, what matters is that God anointed that person.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Women are not like men. They like to feel protected. When they don't feel protected and supported there are psychological effects such as nervousness and other effects. This results in a different dynamic when they are in charge
Wow.

They also seem more prone to favoring their own children without even realizing that they are doing so. Where their own children are involved they often must make an effort to take other people into account.
The same goes for [good] fathers!

And that’s why many faiths promote or require that their preachers give up all their worldly possessions and live in celibate: so that they are not distracted by personal, worldly ties.

Men, my friend, are no better than women at not coveting.

101G

People are ordained but may not even mean anything, what matters is that God anointed that person.
TRUE, 2 Corinthians 8:21 "Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men."

Romans 14:17 "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." Romans 14:18 "For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men."

101G.

101G

"It's not the bullet that kills you........ It's the hole". -Laurie Anderson -

without the bullet one would not have a hole.

101G.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
"It's not the bullet that kills you........ It's the hole". -Laurie Anderson -

without the bullet one would not have a hole.

101G.
Unless the bullet was fired from the gun the hole would not have been made. The bullet could not have made the hole unless it had been fired from the gun. Cause and effect!