• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women in the British Open

Yerda

Veteran Member
Some of the men golf players have called for women to be allowed to compete. Provided they can qualify for the tournament.

I'd never considered it before but is there any reason why women shouldn't be allowed to compete with the men?

And, why are women so bloody awful at football (soccer to you guys)?

Women aren't awful at football, they just don't get the chance to play on the same level as men.

And I think they should be allowed to compete in the British Open, I mean it's not like golf requires anything particularly special from a man that a woman can't offer; equality in sport is a good thing.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
truthseekingsoul said:
Some of the men golf players have called for women to be allowed to compete. Provided they can qualify for the tournament.

I'd never considered it before but is there any reason why women shouldn't be allowed to compete with the men?

I might 'ave known it would be the Scot! Aye, I reckon women ought to be good 'wi a club- theyre used to chasing their husbands 'wi them!

From 'the Sassenach'

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
truthseekingsoul said:
As an avid women's soccer fan, and to a lesser extent the men's game as well, you have to understand that they are playing the same game but they are not. The men's game is much faster paced simply because men are faster and stronger, on average, than women are. Also, the women's game, at the professional and national level is so much younger than the men's which has been in place for 100+ years (perhaps longer, not up on the history), that there is bound to be a difference in fundamental understanding in stragedy of the game. But, I have to say, worldwide, the women are coming along nicely, and despite the unfortunate demise of the women's professional league, the WUSA here in the US, I only see a bright future for the world's women's footballers. :D

:eek: You reminded me of my poor attempt at a website I did a couple years ago, take a look: http://www.geocities.com/aewils00/Kelly_G.html

Lightkeeper

It looks like a great website, Maize.

Anna Sorenson tried to play in a men's tournament in the US. She didn't make it, and there was a lot of negative flack from some of the men golfers. I think the day is near that women will be playing in men's tournaments.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Maize said:
As an avid women's soccer fan, and to a lesser extent the men's game as well, you have to understand that they are playing the same game but they are not.
Yeah I know, it was more tongue in cheek than serious. I have actually played against girls who had considerable talent (in the sporting sense ;))

Maize said:
You reminded me of my poor attempt at a website I did a couple years ago, take a look
I had a look and signed the guestbook, nice work. You're a big soccer fan then?