• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women In STEAM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, Math)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've noticed more gals running engines in the last decade.
What problems have I seen?
Nuthin involving the gals...just the usual old drama between
some of the cantankerous guys. I work to curb that.

Anyway, at the big June engine show, I tried to recruit more
volunteers, including one gal who collects engines. She was
concerned that her Fairbanks Morse & Bessemer engines
weren't hifaluten enuf. I assured her they'd be appreciated.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As you can see, this is a broad topic.
(Inappropriate pun was accidental, but meh....I left it anyway.)
So post whatever you want about STEAM & inclusivity.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In the UK, Fred Dibner was a regular at all steam shows, since his death his family have been known to get involved

EL1DIB_1.JPG.gallery.jpg

dibnah.jpg.gallery.jpg

b0879d0f-a7aa-452f-a9e6-be6001fe8651.jpg

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Leave it to a Revoltistanian to take a subject I care about, women, and mix it with machines - and in a stuffy way and not the way anime does where robot women shoot missiles from their chest at peeping miscreants with sunglasses and business suits.

I don't know if I'll be able to look at myself or other women the same way again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Leave it to a Revoltistanian to take a subject I care about, women, and mix it with machines - and in a stuffy way and not the way anime does where robot women shoot missiles from their chest at peeping miscreants with sunglasses and business suits.

I don't know if I'll be able to look at myself or other women the same way again.
Women are just people.
Some are gearheads...anachronistic gearheads.
Notice the "apprentice" oiling the big Snow engine in preparation for starting....

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member

This thread seems to have been started to make fun of @Meow Mix 's thread on "Women in STEM" in the feminist section. Fairly childish. :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This thread seems to have been started to make fun of @Meow Mix 's thread on "Women in STEM" in the feminist section. Fairly childish. :rolleyes:
Pbbbttttt!
Think of punnery & an echo...not mockery.
@Meow Mix grokked the fun.
But not you..ya tea sip'n, nail clip'n, pants wear'n,
teeth bare'n, easily triggered stick in the mud.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I know nothing of engines in general but those are incredible machines.
And they have the power to not only carry their own heavy weight, but the added weight of shaming modern day machinery.

Steam is boss.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And they have the power to not only carry their own heavy weight, but the added weight of shaming modern day machinery.

Steam is boss.
I wouldn't claim that steam is better.
But obsolete technology can be fun.
Not all though...I won't be doing pre-anesthesiology surgery re-enactments.