• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women in Society

Lightkeeper

Do you think that women will become more dominant in society? If this is true, what do you think it is that women have to offer in leadership roles?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I don't think women will or should become more "dominant". Now before you sharpen your pitchforks let me explain.
I would like to women hold equal positions in society along with men. If they can do the task of a man then let them. If a woman can pass the requirements to be a firefighter or serve on the front lines, fine, let them!
It should be about equal rights not making one group dominant over the other.

Ok now you can stab me for my sexist remarks:eek: :eek:

huajiro

Lightkeeper said:
Do you think that women will become more dominant in society? If this is true, what do you think it is that women have to offer in leadership roles?
I think women are a lot more dominant in our society (US) than people seem to think. My mother handled all issues with us kids, all the finances of the house, all of the maintenance of the house, held a job and I never heard of my step-father running off with another woman. The women that I have known have had a combination of intelligence, beauty and power. I don't think it so much a question of being more dominant as being more independent. That independence makes us men more dependent on them. What would we be with out women?

Master Vigil

Bill O'Reilly said the other night that his prediction in 4 years is that Hillary Clinton will run for president. But he said that she can't do it without Bill. So he called it the Hill-Bill campaign. HAHAHA!!! I think she could do it. But personally, I would love to have a black woman president. But than again, who would that be? Perhaps, Opera?

huajiro

Master Vigil said:
Bill O'Reilly said the other night that his prediction in 4 years is that Hillary Clinton will run for president. But he said that she can't do it without Bill. So he called it the Hill-Bill campaign. HAHAHA!!! I think she could do it. But personally, I would love to have a black woman president. But than again, who would that be? Perhaps, Opera?
Honestly, I don't think that it would make a difference who is president. By the time anyone becomes president, they are just like anyone else who would be in their place, be they woman/man, black/white/brown......money and power have amazing power to distort people.

skills101

Vicar of Christ
I don't think we should vote for a woman president just because she's a woman, in which I have no doubt will happen if a woman like Hilary Clinton runs.

Lightkeeper

I was listening to a local talk show host a few years ago who said Hillary would never even be elected dog catcher. A lot he knew. I think Hillary will run. I don't think people will vote because she is a woman, they will vote if they think she can do the job.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Lightkeeper said:
I was listening to a local talk show host a few years ago who said Hillary would never even be elected dog catcher. A lot he knew. I think Hillary will run. I don't think people will vote because she is a woman, they will vote if they think she can do the job.
Though you may be right on the whole Lightkeeper i already know one of my friends will vote for her simply because she is a woman.

Lightkeeper

jewscout said:
Though you may be right on the whole Lightkeeper i already know one of my friends will vote for her simply because she is a woman.
That will be offset by the people who won't vote for her because she is a woman.

huajiro

Lightkeeper said:
She made Bill Clinton president, why not herself now? It was her goal anyway.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Lightkeeper said:
That will be offset by the people who won't vote for her because she is a woman.
Point taken. I won't vote for her cause i don't like her and don't trust her.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
huajiro said:
The women that I have known have had a combination of intelligence, beauty and power. I don't think it so much a question of being more dominant as being more independent. That independence makes us men more dependent on them. What would we be with out women?
INDEPENDENCE!!! :jam:women+men..men+women...women-men...men-women...It's visa versa :D

Ceridwen018

I think women have become much more dominant compared to how things used to be, but I still see some inequalities here and there. For instance, what is one of the most popular sports in the US? Football, which is completely male dominated. It's just little things like that. I'm not complaining here or anything, I'm just stating facts. Women also lose jobs to males just because of gender, especially high-profile jobs. Women have a stricter body image that they're expected to hold to, etc.

As far as Hilary Clinton running, I am sure that she could do the job without Bill. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if, during Bill's terms, she was the one making all the decisions anyhow. I don't know that I'd vote for her, but do think she is very intelligent and knows what the hell she's doing.

In fact, I think that that's the case for most women. For a woman to get a 'man's' job, she has to be 150% better. For instance, a male politician could be accepted as a presidential candidate even though he may be mediocre. However, for a woman to be accepted as a candidate, she would have to be so much more impressive and better than all of the men.

I think our country needs a woman president--i think that that would help to erase some of the little inequalities that still seem to linger.

huajiro

Ceridwen018 said:
I think women have become much more dominant compared to how things used to be, but I still see some inequalities here and there. For instance, what is one of the most popular sports in the US? Football, which is completely male dominated. It's just little things like that. I'm not complaining here or anything, I'm just stating facts. Women also lose jobs to males just because of gender, especially high-profile jobs. Women have a stricter body image that they're expected to hold to, etc.

As far as Hilary Clinton running, I am sure that she could do the job without Bill. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if, during Bill's terms, she was the one making all the decisions anyhow. I don't know that I'd vote for her, but do think she is very intelligent and knows what the hell she's doing.

In fact, I think that that's the case for most women. For a woman to get a 'man's' job, she has to be 150% better. For instance, a male politician could be accepted as a presidential candidate even though he may be mediocre. However, for a woman to be accepted as a candidate, she would have to be so much more impressive and better than all of the men.

I think our country needs a woman president--i think that that would help to erase some of the little inequalities that still seem to linger.
I was talking to a couple friends the other day about the Illuminati (Skulls and Crossbones) http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/ Some people may not believe in it, I do. There is much more to it than just men making more. There are people at the top, and no one that didn't start there will get there. There isn't so much sexual discrimination, or race discrimination, it is all social class discrimination. If you have money already, you are in.

I think it will be very hard to get a woman or a minority in the president's office, but Iwould love for it to happen, even though it won't make a difference, as they will be the same as any other man by the time the get to that point (they would never get to office, if they didn't think and act just like any other president).

Pah

Uber all member
huajiro said:
.... as they will be the same as any other man by the time the get to that point (they would never get to office, if they didn't think and act just like any other president).

I prefer to think that they would be like any other head of state - as England, Isreal, or India have shown.

-pah-