• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

women in Kuwaiti parliament

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Its only as good as it will infulence the general freedom of the average Kuwaiti woman.
There is a long process to be made in order to reform a long standing trend of disregarding the basic status of women.

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
Its only good as it will infulence the general freedom of the average Kuwaiti woman.
There is a long process to be made in order to reform a long standing trend of disregarding the basic status of women.

Its a beacon to women erywhere who are treated as second class , i love it and more of it please.:yes:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Its a beacon to women erywhere who are treated as second class , i love it and more of it please.:yes:
Sorry, I meant to say its 'only as good'.

Im not as optimistic about it as you are. like I said, there needs to be a long process of change in mindset. realistically, it is a long battle, it may be another small pin stuck in the campaign map.

kai

ragamuffin
Sorry, I meant to say its 'only as good'.

Im not as optimistic about it as you are. like I said, there needs to be a long process of change in mindset. realistically, it is a long battle, it may be another small pin stuck in the campaign map.

the longest journey starts with a first step ( or something like that) and you are of course right.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
you see ! its turning into a journey:)

I think one of the things im trying to say is, that I would not want to be one of the women on this long journey.

Obviously if we look at it on the international level, we may nod in approval for what we perceive as healthy steps. but we are looking from the outside. Im thinking that there are women that until the middle 2000's didnt have voting rights, and their world is not going to change upside down in a day.

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
I think one of the things im trying to say is, that I would not want to be one of the women on this long journey.

Obviously if we look at it on ther international level, we may nod in approval for what we perceive as healthy steps. but we are looking from the outside. Im thinking that there are women that until the middle 2000's didnt have voting rights, and their world is not going to change upside down in a day.

well unfortunately its a journey that women have to take the world over at some point or another in time. and i understand how hard it can be for people in other parts of the world ,and yes my glass may be half full. but i do raise it to toast Kuwaiti women.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/05/17/kuwait.women.elections/

Last edited: