• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women Going Topless In Your Community

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Absolutely!
The modern fashion of half clothing the breasts is ok but women who complain at folks who look at them are just brain muddled or hypocrites, I reckon.

Is that your re-enactment gear?
That would attract attention, but since few folks would be able to recognise you under all that metal then nobody could accuse you of attention seeking. Am I right about the armour n stuff? Is that right?
Yep, I was referring to the armour and stuff

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yep, I was referring to the armour and stuff

Excellent past-time and hobby.
I have not seen my old friend Tim (TN) for ages, but he's a very well known forger of armour now, I hear. His forge is in Whitstable, Kent, UK and he sends a lot of his work to the US, some for use, some for display.

I just mess about (occasionally) making Bows and atl-atls these days. Nothing special, just ash self-bows, but my failure rate was shockingly disheartening so drawing a new bow on a bench-test (after all that work) is a bit too stressful now.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Excellent past-time and hobby.
I have not seen my old friend Tim (TN) for ages, but he's a very well known forger of armour now, I hear. His forge is in Whitstable, Kent, UK and he sends a lot of his work to the US, some for use, some for display.

I just mess about (occasionally) making Bows and atl-atls these days. Nothing special, just ash self-bows, but my failure rate was shockingly disheartening so drawing a new bow on a bench-test (after all that work) is a bit too stressful now.
My wife and daughter arch. I'm alway sure to point out it's a cowards' weapon for peasants and New Zealanders whenever the opportunity arises.

Do you know the name of your friend's forge? I'd be interested to look him up.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
My wife and daughter arch. I'm alway sure to point out it's a cowards' weapon for peasants and New Zealanders whenever the opportunity arises.
Pah!.....that's what the French nobility used to say. They thought that bravery was getting on a huge charger, totally clad in expensive armour, and riding in amongst lightly clad peasants armed with scythes and staves, killing all around as they rode. And then came those vulgar heathen English and Welsh, urchins and low-lifes all, but armed with punch shields, short swords, huge bows and bundles of arrows. After French charges the horses were racing out of control, feathers sticking out of'em all over, and the French Knights on the deck to be daggered through any hole in their helms.
The French didn't think it was proper and decent battle. :p

Do you know the name of your friend's forge? I'd be interested to look him up.
No...... I'll p.m. his name to you, because I reckon that will be his company n all.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
My wife and daughter arch.

With reference to the thread title, Women in full armour, and also in moulded and boiled leather breast plates can look very dashing.

One of the store detectives I trained liked my technique of making under-shirt kevlar breast plates, only she made hers with slightly pointed breasts. Anyway, this idiot punched her during a stop, and broke his hand up horribly. The police wanted to be angry with her, but just couldn't find a toe-hold for any accusations, after all, she was attacked. I wish I'd been there.

Ah yes, pointed breast-plates....... bloody deadly.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Anyway, this idiot punched her during a stop, and broke his hand up horribly. The police wanted to be angry with her, but just couldn't find a toe-hold for any accusations, after all, she was attacked.
What a heinous act.
How dare anyone wear a protective garment!
It's so unfair to assailants, who just don't expect it.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Have anything compatible with a kilt?
We're talking about 'breast' plates, Revolting.
If you've got to make a mould of your chest in order to produce a kevlar plate, you might as well adapt it to suit personal taste. Some ladies like to look different, or bigger, or ... whatever..

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We're talking about 'breast' plates, Revolting.
If you've got to make a mould of your chest in order to produce a kevlar plate, you might as well adapt it to suit personal taste. Some ladies like to look different, or bigger, or ... whatever..
I'm more a fan of ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (uhmwpe) for armor.
It's stronger/lighter than kevlar. (I've used both for winching cables.)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It's all about resources, and what can be adapted and worked with a minimum of tools etc.

My head and chest moulds were made by Mrs Badger, who covered me in cling film and chucked plaster all over me. Not as exciting as some might think. But it worked. I still have the helmet to this day, disguised as a woolly hat! It's very comfortable in winter but too hot in summer.

The techniques for ladies are much more complicated than for men. A m,any lying down flat can have an exact replica of his frontal area caste in plaster, but a woman has to adapt her features because she definitely does not look the same when laying down as when standing. This is where the female tecs realised that they could do more than adjust to their size...... they could get smaller, bigger, sharper etc.

I'll gig out a pic of one of the breastplates so that you can see how the kevlar was layed in strips and set in resin. Very light and could be worn over a vest and under a shirt. In summer the wearer would perspire but the sides and back could breath. Mine saved me in a Dover supermarket circa 1994 and also in Ashford 1999.you don't forget those occasions. My woolly hat saved me many times from blows .......... In all my years training and working in store tection I never met anybody else who had ever figured out or bothered about personal protection and other gear for safety and success........

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Those pics.
The woolly hat is placed under a stove to show that it is not just a woolly hat! ARMOUR!.JPG dsc00461.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's all about resources, and what can be adapted and worked with a minimum of tools etc.

My head and chest moulds were made by Mrs Badger, who covered me in cling film and chucked plaster all over me. Not as exciting as some might think. But it worked. I still have the helmet to this day, disguised as a woolly hat! It's very comfortable in winter but too hot in summer.

The techniques for ladies are much more complicated than for men. A m,any lying down flat can have an exact replica of his frontal area caste in plaster, but a woman has to adapt her features because she definitely does not look the same when laying down as when standing. This is where the female tecs realised that they could do more than adjust to their size...... they could get smaller, bigger, sharper etc.

I'll gig out a pic of one of the breastplates so that you can see how the kevlar was layed in strips and set in resin. Very light and could be worn over a vest and under a shirt. In summer the wearer would perspire but the sides and back could breath. Mine saved me in a Dover supermarket circa 1994 and also in Ashford 1999.you don't forget those occasions. My woolly hat saved me many times from blows .......... In all my years training and working in store tection I never met anybody else who had ever figured out or bothered about personal protection and other gear for safety and success........
Nerd!