• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women accuse Morgan Freeman of inappropriate behavior, harassment

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Morgan Freeman accused of inappropriate behavior, harassment - CNN

A young production assistant thought she had landed the job of her dreams when, in the summer of 2015, she started work on "Going In Style," a bank heist comedy starring Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Alan Arkin.

But the job quickly devolved into several months of harassment, she told CNN. She alleges that Freeman subjected her to unwanted touching and comments about her figure and clothing on a near-daily basis. Freeman would rest his hand on her lower back or rub her lower back, she said.

In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again. Eventually, she said, "Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say."

As if we need any more despicable news...

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I'm not sure all of these cases are real. I think that the Metoo people think they need to burn innocents down to get their point across. And by the looks of some of these comments, people seem to not even want to examine the situation, just watch them burn.

They want accountability right? That needs to extend to both sides, and I have gotten in many an argument with delusional SJW's and feminazis that say women are incapable of lying about inappropriate sexual behavior. When there are a plenty of cases to choose from about women and men lying about a sexual encounter they had perhaps or was fabricated then later calling it rape or inappropriate sexual behavior. Regret isn't rape.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
delusional SJW's and feminazis

I'm sure being a feminist is comparable to racial supremacism and endorsement of genocide. At least that's what I've learned from some sexist online communities with stunted social skills and bitterness toward women.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm sure being a feminist is comparable to racial supremacism and endorsement of genocide. At least that's what I've learned from some sexist online communities with stunted social skills and bitterness toward women.
To be fair he was only referring to the extremists there. Most feminists are not crazy man haters, but there are some in that group. Not all conservatives are white surpemacists, but there are some in that group. Denying that a group can have problems with extremists, when they clear exist, does not make the situation get any better. Overall the me too movement has been a very good thing, but there are women who do not care if innocent men get hurt and they have openly said that. That is as bad as those men that blame women for the attacks against them.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
I like Morgan Freeman and don't expect this from him, but I'll wait to see where else this goes before I leap to anyone's defense. I don't have enough information and I don't know either person here personally.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle

Not at all, go to facebook, then go to Ubud Community, then say something edgy, and the watch them come out of the woodwork to say some of the most vile things imaginable. Like I met a girl off of there at an art workshop two days ago, and she took both barrels from some what I assumed to be a feminazi that morning. Now she defended a yoga teacher who was female but was accused by 20+ people of raping her students, but has a meltdown when I suggest that if a rape charge is placed against a man or a woman that the claim needs to be thoroughly examined. Because not all claims of rape have been honest. False accusations only serve to damage future real claims. And when this girl agreed with me, the psycho lost her grip on reality, said she was the cause women get raped and nothing happens because she was complacent. That she deserves to be sexually assaulted, the works. Those people are the delusional and unhinged growing fringe population of feminism. They are loud, obnoxious, and certainly do nothing positive for the cause. And the y certainly don't care about accountability. Especially if they themselves have to also be accountable.

They talk about equality all day long but are actually massive hypocrites. Cherry pickers.

Cassandra

I'm not sure all of these cases are real. I think that the Metoo people think they need to burn innocents down to get their point across. And by the looks of some of these comments, people seem to not even want to examine the situation, just watch them burn.

They want accountability right? That needs to extend to both sides, and I have gotten in many an argument with delusional SJW's and feminazis that say women are incapable of lying about inappropriate sexual behavior. When there are a plenty of cases to choose from about women and men lying about a sexual encounter they had perhaps or was fabricated then later calling it rape or inappropriate sexual behavior. Regret isn't rape.
It certainly is a possibility especially in the US with its claim-culture, but if the end-outcome is that people in power become more cautious being implicated that might be a good thing.

Although I see the danger, and I am sure some people may be blamed unjustly, that should not be a reason to stop the me-too movement, as it is often the only way to get a handle on predators that create numerous victims, who have often lifelong traumas. You still have to be pretty brave to launch such accusations against rich and powerful persons. If no others collaborate you can easily be in deep trouble.

I remember that in my country the head of the Justice department was accused by a person for abusing him as a child. He was trialed and locked-up for slandering. And when more accusations started to emerge it was ignored, and reports send to ministers were claimed to have never been received and that kind of stuff. Even reporters were harassed. Until ultimately over a period of many years, the thing grew larger and larger and they could no contain it anymore. As long as these things happen, I am glad that there is something like Me-too that allows victims to join forces into something that can not be ignored.

Now it is mostly well-known people but the problem is much wider. It happens in small companies as well were new, young employees are put under psychological pressure to have sex. And as it is always one on one these people get away with it.

There is some wrong idea in society that it is better to let 100 guilty people of the hook than convict one falsely. But those hundred criminals may create another thousand victims. So what you are really trading is one victim against a thousand. I suspect that this wrong ethics has to do with Abrahamic morals from stories of God willing to spare Sodom and Gomorrah if a ten innocent people can be found. Basically this is God-sent for criminals.

As much as this scares us we also have to allow for false-positives and there should be trade-off between reducing false negatives and reducing false positives. We also might consider that people that are claimed innocent in strict legalistic terms, can still be far from innocent in a general moral sense. There are lots of people that walk the line and make victims in the process who still think they are not to blame as long as they are not found guilty in court of law. But that is not ethics. That is the kind of legalism that allows moral thugs to get away with harmful behavior. So it is good that people in power feel vulnerability, that actually helps them stay on the right path. That is also persons saved. Saved from themselves.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is the predators who despicable, not the news.
They seem to have found a common formula to react:

I am sorry I hurt people, but it is not who I really am.
Aye, what we do is who we are, ie, we aren't better than our actions.
It also reminds me of Kurt Vonnegut.....
“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Cassandra

Aye, what we do is who we are, ie, we aren't better than our actions.
It also reminds me of Kurt Vonnegut.....
“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
I agree with the first, could not have said it better. Basically what these people say is, I am sorry I hurt you, but I do not see myself as someone who hurts. That makes it even worse as it expresses a lack of responsibility and shame. This is the kind of people who in other situations will hurt and say "I did not hurt you (stop wining)". Then when they are exposed they again turn it around and say. "Yes I hurt you, but is was not me".

It is telling how these people can admit and deny in the same sentence. What it really means is that their admittance is free of feeling true guilt, shame or remorse and is only a gesture to the public. And yes it can get them of the hook. I red some book authors saw their sales restore after such lines.

The more shameless ones even start a PR-campaign to restore their image. In my country we have our own Harry Weinstrein (Job Gosschalk) a producer who more less controlled the industry and made young actors undress and touched them, "to judge their talent". If they refused their career was over. But he is so shameless that he uses the power he and his family have got left to have actors and TV-makers tell what a nice talented person he is, and that they feel sorry for him.

Again this shows lack of ethics. People with great intelligence, social skills and talent do not have lesser responsibility but higher responsibility and fail much harder when they abuse their gifts. Their actions are more premeditated not less. To present ones gifts as a mitigating factor shows ruthlessness and a big ego. And that is something we not always realize, many public or power figures do have swollen egos, even if the pretend to be humble. They fool themselves and their public with their image.

Last edited:

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I didn't say stop the metoo movement, but there are extremists and irrational folks in every arena, and they all need to be curb checked. A righteous cause is no excuse to try to burn everyone down. Rape is a horrific crime, falsely accusing another of rape should hold equal ramifications for a rape charge. Accountability and transparency is extremely important, and this reality should extend to everyone. But it seems like this crusade is getting out of control. The sheep don't want to make waves and icons are getting torn down on just the accusation. Without the most important aspect which is the examination of the accusation and if it's true? Yeah light the torches. But society in it's current state treats accusations as a guilty charge. And if it's a false charge??? The person making the accusation is still called a hero. Even though they in my eyes are scum.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like Morgan Freeman and don't expect this from him, but I'll wait to see where else this goes before I leap to anyone's defense. I don't have enough information and I don't know either person here personally.
I wanted to frubal this, but I noticed that I already had.
So I just changed it.