• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women’s rights activist shot dead in northern Afghanistan

danieldemol

Premium Member
'A 29-year-old activist and economics lecturer, Frozan Safi, has been shot and killed in northern Afghanistan, in what appears to be the first known death of a women’s rights defender since the Taliban swept to power almost three months ago.

Frozan Safi’s body was identified in a morgue in the city of Mazar-i-Sharif after she went missing on 20 October. “We recognised her by her clothes. Bullets had destroyed her face,” said Safi’s sister, Rita, who is a doctor...

...Towards the end of last month, Frozan received a call from an anonymous number, telling her to gather proof of her work as a rights defender and leave for a safe house.

This made sense to her: Frozan believed her request for asylum in Germany was under way. She stuffed some documents, including her university diploma, into a bag, threw a black and white scarf over her head and left home, said Rita.

She was wary of pointing her finger at the Taliban. “We just don’t know who killed her,” Rita said.'

Source: Women’s rights activist shot dead in northern Afghanistan

I have to say I think writing off the killing as a mere 'personal fued' by the Taliban seems doubt worthy considering the anonymous call she received telling her to bring proof of her human rights work.

I think she is owed a proper investigation by the government there.

In my opinion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Very sad. And also surely not the last case that we will hear. It is a pity that the UN has no teeth. And I don't know if economic incentives will do must good against Afghanistan. They may prefer poverty over justice.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
'A 29-year-old activist and economics lecturer, Frozan Safi, has been shot and killed in northern Afghanistan, in what appears to be the first known death of a women’s rights defender since the Taliban swept to power almost three months ago.

Frozan Safi’s body was identified in a morgue in the city of Mazar-i-Sharif after she went missing on 20 October. “We recognised her by her clothes. Bullets had destroyed her face,” said Safi’s sister, Rita, who is a doctor...

...Towards the end of last month, Frozan received a call from an anonymous number, telling her to gather proof of her work as a rights defender and leave for a safe house.

This made sense to her: Frozan believed her request for asylum in Germany was under way. She stuffed some documents, including her university diploma, into a bag, threw a black and white scarf over her head and left home, said Rita.

She was wary of pointing her finger at the Taliban. “We just don’t know who killed her,” Rita said.'

Source: Women’s rights activist shot dead in northern Afghanistan

I have to say I think writing off the killing as a mere 'personal fued' by the Taliban seems doubt worthy considering the anonymous call she received telling her to bring proof of her human rights work.

I think she is owed a proper investigation by the government there.

In my opinion.
Maybe they will hoist her lifeless body up by a crane to display to other women who might be thinking the same thing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When I read the singular "activist", my first thought
was surprise at only one. In a way, it's a positive
thing that they're not killing multitudes.