• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman calls JetBlue staff member "rapist" and threatens she has a gun

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I read ya.
I was a member of a forum long since closed that had a member aboard calling themselves, disgustingus. And they acted the part.
Did you ever happen on the old Postal forum?
I've never gone Postal.

Hey, don't blame me for that.
You're the one who set me up for it!

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
I've never gone Postal.
Yet. :p
When I was a teenager I worked a food cart that was set up in the parking lot of a post office. One day one of their employees who was on disability and limited work duties, still receiving full pay but was abused by the system none the less in the load put on him there, came out for lunch. It was obvious he was peeved. He gets his food and turns to go back inside when he says to me, I can see why so many of my fellow workers go postal. I've thought about that a time or two myself.
:eek:
For the rest of the week I had one ear turned to hear my customer orders and the other for screams and gunshots from the PO behind me.
Seriously. This guy was also a vet.

Hey, don't blame me for that.
You're the one who set me up for it!
Opportunist! ;):D

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yet. :p
When I was a teenager I worked a food cart that was set up in the parking lot of a post office. One day one of their employees who was on disability and limited work duties, still receiving full pay but was abused by the system none the less in the load put on him there, came out for lunch. It was obvious he was peeved. He gets his food and turns to go back inside when he says to me, I can see why so many of my fellow workers go postal. I've thought about that a time or two myself.
:eek:
For the rest of the week I had one ear turned to hear my customer orders and the other for screams and gunshots from the PO behind me.
Seriously. This guy was also a vet.

Opportunist! ;):D

When I was younger, my first job was working at a hotel, and one of the postal carriers in the neighborhood would often eat his lunch at one of the tables by the pool. No one seemed to mind that he wasn't a guest, and it didn't really matter to me. I was just being friendly and said "Hey, how's it going?" and he said "Sweating my a** off!" He was clearly quite angry and seemed ready to explode at any minute. I just left him alone after that, but I wondered why he was so angry and upset. This was before "going postal" ever became a thing.

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
When I was younger, my first job was working at a hotel, and one of the postal carriers in the neighborhood would often eat his lunch at one of the tables by the pool. No one seemed to mind that he wasn't a guest, and it didn't really matter to me. I was just being friendly and said "Hey, how's it going?" and he said "Sweating my a** off!" He was clearly quite angry and seemed ready to explode at any minute. I just left him alone after that, but I wondered why he was so angry and upset. This was before "going postal" ever became a thing.
I don't think the bad working environment was nor is contained to just the USPS.
Remember years ago when UPS came out with their slogan? "What can brown do for you?"
One day the UPS driver we'd known for years delivered the Bow-Flex system we ordered. This was just after that new slogan hit the air.
Apparently there was quite a few orders over the weeks.
People don't realize, even with those on-line pet specialty stores that lead in with, don't carry those heavy bags of pet food from the store. Have them delivered, that it is someone else who's breaking their back to do that.
So we meet the guy half way to save him the long walk to our door. Hubby quips, so this is what Brown can do for us. Thank you. :)
The guy looks at us and says, "I can tell them what Brown can do for me!" As he reached and rubbed his low back and shoulders.
I still remember that line every time a UPS commercial comes on.

I noticed those commercials didn't last long either. Maybe more than our guy did tell them what they could do for their drivers.
That's why holiday tips are a blessing received for their hard work through the year.