• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman Beat Over Vax Card

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Or that meaningful numbers of the people whining about medical exemptions actually have a legitimate medical reason for needing one?
I've decided I no longer want to argue on anything. I could. I just dont want to. I've been debating online on another site for a long time 2 weeks really on disability rights and such and I'm tired of debating on anything at the moment. Maybe a raincheck? I just don't have the energy for it. I'm backing out for my own sake. I know you'd probably think you won and such but Im tired of advocacy at the moment.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I've decided I no longer want to argue on anything. I could. I just dont want to. I've been debating online on another site for a long time 2 weeks really on disability rights and such and I'm tired of debating on anything at the moment. Maybe a raincheck? I just don't have the energy for it. I'm backing out for my own sake. I know you'd probably think you won and such but Im tired of advocacy at the moment.
I don't think my question was unreasonable, but if you're not up to the discussion, I hope you feel better later.

In the mean time, my point stands.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The awesome failure of the US medical "system" does not magically make self diagnosis valid. People take quack cures when they can't afford real medicine, too. Doesn't magically make the snake oil cure your cancer.

I agree. And like I said the odds of being wrong are huge. When it comes to Covid at least vaccines are free. I do not know if testing is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh, and when I say I have those conditions, they're actually clinically diagnosed, not just from reading lists of symptoms on WebMD and deciding I have whatever thing is trending on Tiktok this week.
Asthma and barely there COPD here. I can wear a mask. No problem. I have not tried six masks yet. Ooh, I could! I have an oximeter at home. It is an inexpensive one but it still seems to do the job.

Kangaroo Feathers

I agree. And like I said the odds of being wrong are huge. When it comes to Covid at least vaccines are free. I do not know if testing is.
I'm currently studying psychology (I'm not sure if I had mentioned?) and there is an unbelievably huge number of people "self diagnosing" all sorts of things. Mostly as an excuse for bad behaviour, but there's a trend among some people "self diagnosing" a handful of extremely rare and unpleasant conditions that have become cool on Tiktok, for some reason.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm currently studying psychology (I'm not sure if I had mentioned?) and there is an unbelievably huge number of people "self diagnosing" all sorts of things. Mostly as an excuse for bad behaviour, but there's a trend among some people "self diagnosing" a handful of extremely rare and unpleasant conditions that have become cool on Tiktok, for some reason.
It appears that Tiktok is YouTube squared, but in a bad way. It takes a bit more work to make a YouTube video. That does lower the rate of foolish videos a bit.

Kangaroo Feathers

Asthma and barely there COPD here. I can wear a mask. No problem. I have not tried six masks yet. Ooh, I could! I have an oximeter at home. It is an inexpensive one but it still seems to do the job.
Like I said earlier, there are CF 6 year olds wearing masks just fine. I accept that there is a small number of people who legitimately struggle with masks for medical or psychological reasons. I would bet my house that >80% of the people making excuses about not wearing masks because of such conditions have no such legitimate issue.

Funny thing about people who, yaknow, actually have chronic debilitating medical conditions, they're usually pretty familiar with sensible medical precautions and happy to abide by recommendations like wearing masks and getting vaccines.

Kangaroo Feathers

I wish we had actual conservative outlets and not this vitriolic junk that passes for it these days.
I have always considered myself a Conservative, but back around the time Obama became President, the global Conservative movement made this crazy lurch to the authoritarian right, and all Conservative discourse, from politicians to pundits to voters went from any pretence of caring about policies and became purely oppositional, i.e. every Conservative talking point became about opposing something the other "side" supported. As someone who regards himself as fairly rational, and tries to address issues based on facts, this has kind of left me somewhere on the Left by default. I find most liberal political parties like the US Democrats and Australian Labor pretty awful, but they currently represent the "least bad" option given the...baffling... shift in the Conservative movement.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have always considered myself a Conservative, but back around the time Obama became President, the global Conservative movement made this crazy lurch to the authoritarian right, and all Conservative discourse, from politicians to pundits to voters went from any pretence of caring about policies and became purely oppositional, i.e. every Conservative talking point became about opposing something the other "side" supported. As someone who regards himself as fairly rational, and tries to address issues based on facts, this has kind of left me somewhere on the Left by default. I find most liberal political parties like the US Democrats and Australian Labor pretty awful, but they currently represent the "least bad" option given the...baffling... shift in the Conservative movement.
Oh wow! Same here. I could see that he Republican party was getting more and more extreme. I could not vote for Hillary, but if you are familiar at all with out crazy electoral college you can understand how one can know ahead, based on the state one lives, who would win without question. Hillary was going to win in my state no matter what. So I voted third party for someone that was even more incompetent than both of them ,but my vote was just a protest vote. I knew that he had no chance at all. Trump got elected and incredibly he got even worse. I had to vote Democrat in the last election and until the part recovers from this Trump illness I can't vote for an of them any longer.

In the US the Republican party used to at least be the party of fiscal conservatism. Not any longer.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Blood shocking. Bloody awful. Not unexpected.

I live in the slightly less violent world north of the US border, but I worry about my friends behind the bar when they are going to be required to ask for proof of vaccination and identification beginning on September 22. And by October 22, there will be an app that reads the QR Code of every fully vaccinated individual before they will be allowed into many venues.

Surely people realize that the workers in such places don't make the rules -- but are stuck between a rock and a hard place because they are the ones who have to enforce them, in the face of vicious (and largely ignorant) opposition.

It is getting harder and harder to understand people. None of us, anywhere, were anywhere close to this partisan, ignorant, biased and violent in the 60's, 70's and 80's that were my era.
Do you take in refugees fleeing a deadly level of collective American insanity?:p