• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman Beat Over Vax Card

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
No such thing as "self diagnosed".
You do realize a diagnosis is a privedge right? Many folks diagnosed with chronic illness don't get a diagnosis for years. They may have to do research for years to get a diagnosis and until they find something it possible could be and mind you they dont just Google ****. They research make whole binders to bring to the doctor before they are taken seriously. Before then doctors just say it's all in their head after test after test say things are normal.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
You do realize a diagnosis is a privedge right? Many folks diagnosed with chronic illness don't get a diagnosis for years. They may have to do research for years to get a diagnosis and until they find something it possible could be and mind you they dont just Google ****. They research make whole binders to bring to the doctor before they are taken seriously.

Which is true. But the final diagnosis is still done by a doctor. You said so yourself.

Therefore there is no such thing as self diagnosis. It still has to be Dr approved at some point.

And yeah, healthcare is a privilege in this country and it's ****ing stupid that it has to be that way.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh, I know you do... that's rather the point. Australian Sovcits copy/paste their nonsense DIRECTLY from there, changing nothing despite the completely different contexts.

Frauditors? About the election? We have an upcoming federal election soon that sorta kinda looks like the Conservative party is likely to lose, so I assume we'll get that afterwards. One small saving grace is that our conservative party doesn't really attract the cult-like behaviour that the Seppo one does, but there are a lot of pundits trying to drive similar dichotomies here so that supporters of both "sides" exist in 2 completely independent bubbles and completely misunderstand and dehumanise each other. We're not there yet, but we're well on the way.
Actually frauditors are sort of, in a very lose way, a result of the Black Lives Matter protests. They call themselves First Amendment Auditors and they video and harass the police. By harassing police, and almost any other government officials they get like minded people to cheer them on at their YouTube channels. The reason that I say they are very loosely an offshoot is because some of them are blatant racists. And they are frauditors because real auditors record only. These people always have to make themselves part of the story. Once you do that you really cannot claim to be auditing any longer.

And I learned of Sovereign Citizens here years ago. Back in the good old days when they resisted until they got their windows broken. It was a bit of instant gratification.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm not sure actually. I get tested at the VA depending on the appt I need. But I also have the vax and just put the card in my wallet.
The card does not fit in my wallet. I have pictures of it on my phone. I have not had to show it yet, but since a phone picture is good enough for car insurance, it should be good enough for a vaccine card. And both sides are photographed of course.

VoidCat

Which is true. But the final diagnosis is still done by a doctor. You said so yourself.

Therefore there is no such thing as self diagnosis. It still has to be Dr approved at some point.

And yeah, healthcare is a privilege in this country and it's ****ing stupid that it has to be that way.
Unless they can't afford one and fit the symptoms. Like many autistics will not get diagnosed by a doctor cuz unless you are white 4 year old boy the doctor will likely say you aren't autistic. I know a woman who read the dam 5 was clearly autistic and had multiple binders with all the symptoms they fit and they had done looked up disorders that it could be that were autism ruled them out. They research for over a year. Yet a doctor said they were autistic cuz she was a woman and could speak. They are still trying to get a diagnosis but keep running in bias cuz she's not a kid and not a boy and can talk. She has many of the exact same synptoms as me.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Oh just cuz one person with a disorder can wear a mask other people with disorders can?
Here's a list of disorders that can make masks difficult

From List of Disabilities that Could Make Wearing a Mask Impossible - Wheelchair Travel
know that many disabilities can cause breathing difficulty, or limit one’s physical function to the point where they cannot attach or remove a face mask. Since the CDC guidance provides little specificity, nondisabled members of the community have little context for who might require an exemption to the face mask rule. Fortunately, the Southeast ADA Center, together with Syracuse University, has released a disability issues brief entitled The ADA and Face Mask Policies. That brief contains the following examples of persons who might not be able to wear a face mask:

• Individuals with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or other respiratory disabilities may not be able to wear a face mask because of difficulty in or impaired breathing. The CDC also states that anyone who has trouble breathing should not wear a face mask.
  • People with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), severe anxiety, or claustrophobia (an abnormal fear of being in enclosed or narrow places), may feel afraid or terrified when wearing a face mask. These individuals may not be able to stay calm or function when wearing a face mask.
  • Some people with autism are sensitive to touch and texture. Covering the nose and mouth with fabric can cause sensory overload, feelings of panic, and extreme anxiety.
  • A person who has cerebral palsy may have difficulty moving the small muscles in the hands, wrists, or fingers. Due to their limited mobility, they may not be able to tie the strings or put the elastic loops of a face mask over the ears. This means that the individual may not be able to put on or remove a face mask without assistance.
  • A person who uses mouth control devices such as a sip and puff to operate a wheelchair or assistive technology, or uses their mouth or tongue to use assistive ventilators will be unable to wear a mask.
In extreme cases, sure. But most of the people with these conditions are fine to wear masks, and most of the people whining about medical exemptions don't have any of these conditions.

So while, yes, there are exceptional outliers... but generally? Nonsense.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Checkpoints at borders....nah.
We have a compliance problem now.
But that would cause all Heck to break loose.

They already have checkpoints at the California border. The Border Patrol has checkpoints in the border states. These checkpoints are a waste of time and a pain in the butt. They should do away with them.

They could require vaccine cards or negative test results on aircraft, though. However, the airlines and their employees are also getting pretty fed up with unruly passengers.

Maybe Congress can make a law covering incidents of COVID-related violence, whether it's about masks, vaccines, or anything related to that. Especially when they attack regular working people who are just doing their job. They should really throw the book at them.

Kangaroo Feathers

Unless they can't afford one and fit the symptoms. Like many autistics will not get diagnosed by a doctor cuz unless you are white 4 year old boy the doctor will likely say you aren't autistic. I know a woman who read the dam 5 was clearly autistic and had multiple binders with all the symptoms they fit and they had done looked up disorders that it could be that were autism ruled them out. They research for over a year. Yet a doctor said they were autistic cuz she was a woman and could speak. They are still trying to get a diagnosis but keep running in bias cuz she's not a kid and not a boy and can talk. She has many of the exact same synptoms as me.
Nonsense.

VoidCat

In extreme cases, sure. But most of the people with these conditions are fine to wear masks, and most of the people whining about medical exemptions don't have any of these conditions.

So while, yes, there are exceptional outliers... but generally? Nonsense.
Show me a source it's a few people.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They already have checkpoints at the California border. The Border Patrol has checkpoints in the border states. These checkpoints are a waste of time and a pain in the butt. They should do away with them.

They could require vaccine cards or negative test results on aircraft, though. However, the airlines and their employees are also getting pretty fed up with unruly passengers.

Maybe Congress can make a law covering incidents of COVID-related violence, whether it's about masks, vaccines, or anything related to that. Especially when they attack regular working people who are just doing their job. They should really throw the book at them.
Assault should be treated as a serious offense.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Show me a source it's a few people.
Some people may be uncomfortable wearing a mask, but masks do very very little in the way of interfering with oxygen levels. If a person is already on oxygen that may be the case, but for anyone else I am willing to call Bull****! People have tested this and confirmed it in many ways. To test this one has to use an oximeter. A device that measures the oxygen level of one's blood. It pays no attention to the discomfort that one feels. You would think that if one mask interferes with breathing that two would be twice as bad, and six? Oh no! Six will kill you. Thanks to @Revoltingest

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How about "evidence" that "self diagnosis is valid".

Or that meaningful numbers of the people whining about medical exemptions actually have a legitimate medical reason for needing one?
Some times 'self diagnosis" is all that people can afford here. The odds of being wrong are incredibly high. I just diagnosed myself. I'm pregnant!

Kangaroo Feathers

Some people may be uncomfortable wearing a mask, but masks do very very little in the way of interfering with oxygen levels. If a person is already on oxygen that may be the case, but for anyone else I am willing to call Bull****! People have tested this and confirmed it in many ways. To test this one has to use an oximeter. A device that measures the oxygen level of one's blood. It pays no attention to the discomfort that one feels. You would think that if one mask interferes with breathing that two would be twice as bad, and six? Oh no! Six will kill you. Thanks to @Revoltingest

My favourite part of this nonsense is that I have 4 conditions regularly cited by these numpties as reasons people can't wear masks, but guess what?

Kangaroo Feathers

Some times 'self diagnosis" is all that people can afford here. The odds of being wrong are incredibly high. I just diagnosed myself. I'm pregnant!
The awesome failure of the US medical "system" does not magically make self diagnosis valid. People take quack cures when they can't afford real medicine, too. Doesn't magically make the snake oil cure your cancer.