• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman Beat Over Vax Card

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Weeeeellll... I'd argue that an awful lot of these Australian numpties have copy-pasted their various conspiracy theories and petulant "but mah freedumz!" whining directly from Americans, so a lot of it does come from trump, albeit second hand.

No, please don't ask me why Australians copy American nonsense and try to adopt it here despite completely different cultural and political contexts, because I really don't understand. It is, however, very much a thing among our idiot fringe and has been for a long time.
Because when it comes to doing the stupid we are number one!! Your population of various stupids look at ours and say the Australian equivalent of

"Hold my beer!"

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
As per local regulations a hostess asked a group of patrons for proof of vaccination, and they proceeded to beat her into hospitalization.

This is despicable, absolutely childish and unacceptable behaviour.

3 Tourists Allegedly Attacked A Hostess Who Asked For Vaccine Proof In A Restaurant

Mods if this needs to be in the Covid forum, please move.

I agree that this is absolutely despicable. I hope that they are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I wonder, though, why the journalists (and I saw a similar spin in other articles on this incident) are emphasizing that they were tourists from Texas. What relevance is that? Are they intending to use this incident as a pretext for imposing travel restrictions into NYC?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
We'll see if it goes back to SCOTUS. But I agree with that decision personally.

Community health is more important then supposed liberties. You know like how Typhoid Mary is villainized.

Edit: Mary Mallon - Wikipedia
Im only afraid cuz who decides if you can't get vaccinated for medical reasons? The government? Or doctors? Also some can't wear mask due to health reasons...does this mean doctors give out passes to such folk like a card? That's the only thing Im worried about. I'd be ok with a mask and vaccine mandate just have issue with how they may enforce it as to who decides what is good for those who cant do those things...but if you aren't disabled or have issues with vaccines you should take it and wear your darn mask. I just dont know how they'll enforce it

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
We have those too.

Do you have frauditors yet?
Oh, I know you do... that's rather the point. Australian Sovcits copy/paste their nonsense DIRECTLY from there, changing nothing despite the completely different contexts.

Frauditors? About the election? We have an upcoming federal election soon that sorta kinda looks like the Conservative party is likely to lose, so I assume we'll get that afterwards. One small saving grace is that our conservative party doesn't really attract the cult-like behaviour that the Seppo one does, but there are a lot of pundits trying to drive similar dichotomies here so that supporters of both "sides" exist in 2 completely independent bubbles and completely misunderstand and dehumanise each other. We're not there yet, but we're well on the way.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I agree that this is absolutely despicable. I hope that they are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I wonder, though, why the journalists (and I saw a similar spin in other articles on this incident) are emphasizing that they were tourists from Texas. What relevance is that? Are they intending to use this incident as a pretext for imposing travel restrictions into NYC?

I hope so.

Cut all interstate travel unless vaccinated or show a negative Covid test weekly while traveling.

VoidCat

Im only afraid cuz who decides if you can't get vaccinated for medical reasons? The government? Or doctors? Also some can't wear mask due to health reasons...does this mean doctors give out passes to such folk like a card? That's the only thing Im worried about. I'd be ok with a mask and vaccine mandate just have issue with how they may enforce it as to who decides what is good for those who cant do those things...but if you aren't disabled or have issues with vaccines you should take it and wear your darn mask. I just dont know how they'll enforce it
Of course this also has the issue of undiagnosed or selfdiagnosed people who can't afford a diagnosis but have done extensive research months worth of it to know they have a disorder might be forced to wear a mask even if their disability makes it difficult or doctors not taking patients seriously

Kangaroo Feathers

If 6 year olds with cystic fibrosis can wear masks perfectly happily you'll be fine.

Kangaroo Feathers

Of course this also has the issue of undiagnosed or selfdiagnosed people who can't afford a diagnosis but have done extensive research months worth of it to know they have a disorder might be forced to wear a mask even if their disability makes it difficult or doctors not taking patients seriously
Nonsense.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Checkpoints at borders....nah.
We have a compliance problem now.
But that would cause all Heck to break loose.

It would. But this pandemic isn't getting any better otherwise. Multiple other countries are returning to business as usual (like Denmark) and we are being left in the dust thanks to a campaign of ignorance.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -Isaac Asimov

You can't fix stupid, but you can legislate against it.

VoidCat

If 6 year olds with cystic fibrosis can wear masks perfectly happily you'll be fine.
Oh just cuz one person with a disorder can wear a mask other people with disorders can?
Here's a list of disorders that can make masks difficult

From List of Disabilities that Could Make Wearing a Mask Impossible - Wheelchair Travel
know that many disabilities can cause breathing difficulty, or limit one’s physical function to the point where they cannot attach or remove a face mask. Since the CDC guidance provides little specificity, nondisabled members of the community have little context for who might require an exemption to the face mask rule. Fortunately, the Southeast ADA Center, together with Syracuse University, has released a disability issues brief entitled The ADA and Face Mask Policies. That brief contains the following examples of persons who might not be able to wear a face mask:

• Individuals with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or other respiratory disabilities may not be able to wear a face mask because of difficulty in or impaired breathing. The CDC also states that anyone who has trouble breathing should not wear a face mask.
  • People with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), severe anxiety, or claustrophobia (an abnormal fear of being in enclosed or narrow places), may feel afraid or terrified when wearing a face mask. These individuals may not be able to stay calm or function when wearing a face mask.
  • Some people with autism are sensitive to touch and texture. Covering the nose and mouth with fabric can cause sensory overload, feelings of panic, and extreme anxiety.
  • A person who has cerebral palsy may have difficulty moving the small muscles in the hands, wrists, or fingers. Due to their limited mobility, they may not be able to tie the strings or put the elastic loops of a face mask over the ears. This means that the individual may not be able to put on or remove a face mask without assistance.
  • A person who uses mouth control devices such as a sip and puff to operate a wheelchair or assistive technology, or uses their mouth or tongue to use assistive ventilators will be unable to wear a mask.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

No such thing as "self diagnosed".

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I hope so.

Cut all interstate travel unless vaccinated or show a negative Covid test weekly while traveling.

Well, at least I have my vaccine card, and I'm getting a booster later this fall. It's been a few weeks since my last COVID test. I don't know if they accept a self-test or if it has to be done at a clinic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It would. But this pandemic isn't getting any better otherwise. Multiple other countries are returning to business as usual (like Denmark) and we are being left in the dust thanks to a campaign of ignorance.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -Isaac Asimov

You can't fix stupid, but you can legislate against it.
Things can improve just by continuing requirements
to vax & mask. Not as fast as inter-state checkpoints,
but at least threre'll be less overt hostility.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Well, at least I have my vaccine card, and I'm getting a booster later this fall. It's been a few weeks since my last COVID test. I don't know if they accept a self-test or if it has to be done at a clinic.

I'm not sure actually. I get tested at the VA depending on the appt I need. But I also have the vax and just put the card in my wallet.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Things can improve just by continuing requirements
to vax & mask. Not as fast as inter-state checkpoints,
but at least threre'll be less overt hostility.

I'm not as optimistic as you are (I'm quite known for my pessimistic attitude). But I do see your point on it increasing hostilities, which isn't a good thing for sure.