• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woke Marxist-Intersectional Politics Make You Miserable

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Really, for me, this is my true reason for rejection of leftist ideas. But, pardon me if I pry into some of the minds here who seem all gung-ho on it.

How does one find any joy in calling people racists and fascists all day?

How do you feel whole when you have to constantly worry about the thought police of your own side ripping you a new one after you misstep?

What is treating certain 'privileged' races differently mean other than straight out actual racism? (call me confused) Presuming, of course, the idea is to "right the wrongs"... Isn't favoring any still race, racist? Isn't disparaging any race, racist? (Mind you, I find no racism acceptable and do not feel that anyone is immune to racism even if they are doing it toward their own race.)

Where do you diverge from the platform, so to speak? It seems this isn't something that is allowed to be voiced. Does it even happen? (never seen it, seems like most believe exactly the same things...)

How do you weigh systematic injustice? Do you think it's endemic, localized, or whatever? Who do you think is responsible? (Donald Trump isn't an acceptable answer to me, etc... Not because I think he's Jesus, but because he has nothing to do with it.) Why do you think it's true?

If you get this woke world where everyone is constantly flaming each other for racism, fascism, and whatever and trying to cancel everyone out before they too get canceled out, what is the win condition? It seems terrible to me.

Anyway, feel free to ignore whatever you don't feel like answering, but all of this seems to me like it's just a giant suck-fest.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Really, for me, this is my true reason for rejection of leftist ideas. But, pardon me if I pry into some of the minds here who seem all gung-ho on it.

How do you feel whole when you have to constantly worry about the thought police of your own side ripping you a new one after you misstep?

What is treating certain 'privileged' races differently mean other than straight out actual racism? (call me confused) Presuming, of course, the idea is to "right the wrongs"... Isn't favoring any still race, racist? Isn't disparaging any race, racist? (Mind you, I find no racism acceptable and do not feel that anyone is immune to racism even if they are doing it toward their own race.)

Where do you diverge from the platform, so to speak? It seems this isn't something that is allowed to be voiced. Does it even happen? (never seen it, seems like most believe exactly the same things...)

How do you weigh systematic injustice? Do you think it's endemic, localized, or whatever? Who do you think is responsible? (Donald Trump isn't an acceptable answer to me, etc... Not because I think he's Jesus, but because he has nothing to do with it.) Why do you think it's true?

If you get this woke world where everyone is constantly flaming each other for racism, fascism, and whatever and trying to cancel everyone out before they too get canceled out, what is the win condition? It seems terrible to me.

Anyway, feel free to ignore whatever you don't feel like answering, but all of this seems to me like it's just a giant suck-fest.

So...
Your rejection of leftist ideas has to do with far-left behavior. Ok... Go figure.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Woke Marxist-Intersectional Politics Make You Miserable

Really, for me, this is my true reason for rejection of leftist ideas.

Well thank you for admitting that emotion is your reason for not being of the Left, rather than logic or evidence. That clarifies your perspective for me.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I call racists for racism, not everyone
I call fascists for fascism, not everyone
I call sexists for sexism, not everyone else

What thought police? I can police my own though and am responsible for them

No need to favour a race if you treat every person as an equal

Trump is irrelevant to 95% of the world and a pain in the but to 60% of the remainder

And because i am me, it is the reason i reject right wing finger pointing and innuendo as ignorance of what the left is about

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

I’m not gung ho about it, I think I only understand about half of it. Mostly filtered through memes and observations online.

But as I understand it, “privileged” doesn’t mean treating races differently. It’s about saying, hey as a majority race you don’t have the same experiences as minority races. They might have a poorer experience than you, in certain ways.
Perhaps keep in mind that you might have some blind spots.
It’s not a good idea to take academic language at face value. It’s a catchy slogan from sociology, not you know that people are literally privileged. Everyone has crap, that’s just life. But in terms of studying society through certain lenses (I think Marxist theory or perhaps just intersectional feminist theory, not sure) there are societal structures that inherently benefit the majority, even though paradoxically not every person from that majority will necessarily find themselves benefiting from that system. At least that’s what I think it means. I dunno, ask a sociologist.

As for Trump, honestly he seems like a fascist dictator to me, held back only because of the constitution. And I don’t mean in the sense of “oh everyone right of Marx is a fascist” I mean literally a fascist dictator. The cult of personality, his rhetoric and his utter indifference to the suffering of the people he’s supposed to be leading. But I’m not American, so I dunno. That’s just what he looks like to me.:shrug:

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I don't do this all day and I don't do it for "joy." That does seem like an odd idea you have there. You don't accept racism you say; well neither do I nor should one.

I don't worry about any such thing although tbh I'm not totally sure what you mean. Currently I'm worrying about the leak above my back door.

My opinons are approximately my own. OK, I'll rephrase that: I don't recognise quite a bit of what you're saying (or even understand). But then I don't think of myself as a woke Marxist.

exchemist

Veteran Member

I had to look up "intersectionality" but I have to agree it sounds ghastly: a sort of nightmarish melange of all the identity and grievance politics it is possible to imagine. I have never encountered it myself...but then I don't live in Islington. :D

It looks like a distinctly, ahem, niche interest.;)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Which leftist ideas are you rejecting?

Your statements are more about behavior than ideology.
(look, I'm trying to get you into deeper hot water but I think into something that more defendable.)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I wouldn't consider this to be leftist politics, though. I've noticed that there's an overemphasis on race in identity politics, while there's a de-emphasis on class and the actual scourges of the state. I would consider this kind of rhetoric and thinking to be more the realm of the phony left, which is very bourgeois and very capitalist. I don't think they're real leftists, or at least, they appear to be duped into turning away from traditional leftist politics and turning it into some kind of pseudo-"enlightened" mush that's mostly contradictory and oftentimes doesn't even make any sense.

Whatever happened to "Workers of the world - unite"?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

What are you talking about. Try learning the truth with an open and objective attitude.

What are you talking about - it appears to be a fantasy of yours.

What is treating certain 'privileged' races differently mean other than straight out actual racism?

Thinking of a "race" as "privileged" is actual racism.

Where do you diverge from the platform, so to speak? I

What platform other than "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created EQUAL..."

"In medicine, systemic means affecting the whole body, or at least multiple organ systems. It is in contrast with topical or local." The extension to racism is simple - it's racism that affects the whole country or at least multiple locations". Therefore it's identified not as a single instance but is present so pervasively that the word "systemic" applies.

If you get this woke world where everyone is constantly flaming each other for racism, fascism, and whatever and trying to cancel everyone out before they too get canceled out,

More right wing fantasy

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper

Well, I haven't been shy that I'm an anarchist, so I would be happy to answer your questions.

I haven't called anyone a racist or a fascist in awhile. They aren't really accusations I frequently make, because most people are not racists or fascists. I do point out when people unknowingly parrot racist rhetoric, but I try to be tactful and polite about it. It's a lot more productive to have a conversation about why particular words or actions might inadvertently support these systems, especially with dogwhistling being so commonplace these days.

You know, I hear you, and this cancel culture is so similar to China's reliance on citizen censors that it's sort of scary. That's not going to get me to compromise my values, though, and I'm working on creating more anonymous and private communication platforms on the dark net to off-set these effects.

Well, after segregation you still had the Jim Crowe laws. In the newspapers, they say white looters after disasters are "finding" TVs and black scavengers carrying bread after disasters are "looting." We still have black cities and white cities, the black cities normally being low-income. The predominant culture has slowly become more accepting to other cultures that aren't Anglo-Saxon, but it's still mostly Eurocentric. White male has long been the default for any character in Hollywood, and now if you change that people accuse you of being a "woke leftist shill" and creating "forced diversity" which is actually pretty racist, although I don't think that most people who throw around these accusations realize how racist the underlying sentiment is because it's become normalized.

It was just a hundred years ago that we sent all Asian Americans into concentration camps here in America. It was less than that to end segregation. The effects of both have still lingered through the generations, because during the 20th century it became increasingly harder to climb the class ladder, essentially creating fairly rigid castes that disadvantaged everyone but is especially hard on minorities. Many of the victimless crimes we have on the books were made illegal specifically to target some ethnicity. Cannabis, for instance, was given the name "marijuana" to associate it with Mexican Americans.

There are a lot of little ways that people are supporting these systems still, mostly because I think they don't know any better because they have the privilege to not need to care. It's not been that long, a lot of these mindsets from these eras are still here in a lot of odd niches. There's a lot more I could talk about, but this is just introductory. I feel like if you were looking for an earnest answer to this question, you could easily google it and find better expositions. Or just continue pretending that there isn't an issue. I assume it won't really affect you either way, will it?

Diverge from what platform? "Leftist in-fighting" has become a buzzword, there's no predominant ideology outside of maybe liberalism which is fairly moderate. So I guess I differ from that because I'm an anarchist.

How do you weigh systematic injustice?

You look at how criminals are treated and what they're being arrested for.

Do you think it's endemic, localized, or whatever?

The world has always been unjust, but it's getting better. In some places quicker than others.

Who do you think is responsible? (Donald Trump isn't an acceptable answer to me, etc... Not because I think he's Jesus, but because he has nothing to do with it.) Why do you think it's true?

We are. We let corrupt politicians into office and put social pressures on people fighting these institutions. We look the other way when we see police brutality and wash it down with copaganda. We give into tribalistic fear towards our neighbors, many of which who share our same struggles, and focus on this petty small-picture nonsense because homophobia and transphobia are still rampant for whatever reason. Humans very easily give way to tribalism. I think it's been a fight against our nature this whole way.

It's very easy to blame a specific figure, but none of these figures would have any power if we didn't give it to them. Yet we still do time and time again. Hitler wasn't to blame for Nazi Germany. Neither were the Nazis, who were a minority. It was the moderates who let it happen without a fight and tried to pretend the concentration camps weren't that bad. It's the banality of evil. Without them, the Nazis would have never had any power to begin with. That's why social reform is so important, and why fascism has to be called out when we see it. If we become complacent again, then it comes back.

I am just as against Bolshevism, of course, which became intertwined with Soviet Russia and Communist China, because I'm an anarchist. What China is doing overseas sort of terrifies me, as well as the CPC propaganda we're getting over here as we start relying more on them. As such, I am just as critical of other leftists, but you probably don't see that very often because you're not a leftist. It's hard for me to choose in this election between a white nationalist and a Chinese shill, I hate them both.

...less racism and fascism? Cancel culture is a toxic extreme that shouldn't exist, and too many leftists try to pretend like it isn't a problem or doesn't exist, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep pointing out when people start crossing those lines. I'm not a fan of trying people in the court of public opinion, but there's a difference between calling somebody's workplace and telling their managers about the fascist in the office and not buying from an organization where the CEO is using your money to fund anti-LGBT and white pride movements. When you tackle cancel culture, you don't want to squeeze out the latter with it.

I agree. It feels like no matter what you do or who you rally behind, everything is terrible and might be getting worse. The only thing I can do is try to operate off of my values of liberty, peace, and non-aggression, letting the cards fall however they may.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I absolutely love it when the pouty left does that.

A bunch of little kids who do nothing but scream and moan and even ramp it up more when they get called out on it!

It shows the world in a beautiful and wonderful fashion at just how big of hypocrites they really and actually are as they do that while turning around and speaking of how tolerant and fair they like to play the game.

They are essentially hypocritical cry babies who accused Trump of being one while they do it themselves just about all the time. There's more than one baby Trump balloon* on the political stage. That's for certain!

*I still want to get one. It's just so freaking adorable!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I absolutely love it when the pouty left does that.

A bunch of little kids who do nothing but scream and moan and even ramp it up more when they get called out on it!

It shows the world in a beautiful and wonderful fashion at just how big of hypocrites they really and actually are as they do that while turning around and speaking of how tolerant and fair they like to play the game.

They are essentially hypocritical cry babies who accused Trump of being one while they do it themselves just about all the time. There's more than one baby Trump balloon* on the political stage. That's for certain!

*I still want to get one. It's just so freaking adorable!

Does watching @Mindmaster thrash his silly strawman (which hardly represents the average liberal, here or elsewhere) give you a tingle and make the blood rush a little? Perhaps the two of you might have a "Lady and the Tramp" moment, but instead of spaghetti it's Trump's boot.

Twilight Hue

Does watching Mindmaster thrash his cartoonish strawman (which hardly represents the average liberal, here or elsewhere) give you a tingle and make the blood rush a little? Perhaps the two of you might have a "Lady and the Tramp" moment, but instead of spaghetti it's Trump's boot.

Yep keep pouting about it.

Nothing wrong with it. Let it all out...

Twilight Hue

Pouting about what, another pitiful display of the same tired, transparent fallacies? Or pouting that you don't have enough self respect to pry your tongue from Trump's boot?

No more or less than what you're bemoaning from the rooftops, sitting high and aloof and proud firmly velcroed on the saddle of the leftist moral glue factory horse, intoxicated with aggrandizement and delusions of grandeur that the far left, under any circumstances and conditions, cannot do anything wrong and thus is immune to any and all criticism directed toward it.