• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woe to those through whom come stumbling blocks

Faithofchristian

The quotes from Paul are accurate. The fact that Paul is all things to all men, and a fraud, and in that case he may be truthful, but his doctrines are of the darkness (Isaiah 8:20). Before you follow the confessed foremost sinner to hell, you might want to be more introspective. Did he in fact persecute the messengers of God, and accordingly, those who claim a relationship with him, being condemned to have the guilt of the blood of the rightous fall on them (Matthew 23:35)? I can see why you might have trouble sleeping at night.

And why didn't you answer your own question?

So explain exactly as to what law
Isaiah 8:20 is referring to?

2ndpillar

So explain exactly as to what law
Isaiah 8:20 is referring to?

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

The would be the Law and the Prophets, which Yeshua came to fulfill (Matthew 5:17), which remains unfulfilled. The heir of Peter, the pope, is still in power (Isaiah 22:25). After the pope “falls”, you still have the millennium to get through to fulfill the prophets and the Law.

Faithofchristian

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

The would be the Law and the Prophets, which Yeshua came to fulfill (Matthew 5:17), which remains unfulfilled. The heir of Peter, the pope, is still in power (Isaiah 22:25). After the pope “falls”, you still have the millennium to get through to fulfill the prophets and the Law.

The law that Isaiah 8:20 is referring to,
is right there in 8:20, Notice the Verse said
"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word.

The law and testimony is God's word. If they speak not according to God's word, it is because there is no light in them.

What law is Jesus referring to in
Matthew 5:17

Notice in Verse 19--"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments"

What least commandments, The ones that Jesus just gave in Verse's 3 thru 16, those are the law of the kingdom of heaven.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

The law that Isaiah 8:20 is referring to,
is right there in 8:20, Notice the Verse said
"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word.

The law and testimony is God's word. If they speak not according to God's word, it is because there is no light in them.

What law is Jesus referring to in
Matthew 5:17

Notice in Verse 19--"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments"

What least commandments, The ones that Jesus just gave in Verse's 3 thru 16, those are the law of the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:3,”Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” is not the “Law and the testimony” that Yeshua was referring to when he said he came to fulfill the Law and the testimony. To “enter into life”, the way is narrow, and few that find it (Matthew 7:14). To “enter into life”(Matthew 19:17), one has to keep “the commandments”, which are spelled out in (Matthew 19:18).

You will notice the guy who annuls the least of these Commandments shall be called “least” in the community of the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:11). Well let me see, the foremost of “little” which is the translation of Paul, is ”least ”.

Faithofchristian

Matthew 5:3,”Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” is not the “Law and the testimony” that Yeshua was referring to when he said he came to fulfill the Law and the testimony. To “enter into life”, the way is narrow, and few that find it (Matthew 7:14). To “enter into life”(Matthew 19:17), one has to keep “the commandments”, which are spelled out in (Matthew 19:18).

You will notice the guy who annuls the least of these Commandments shall be called “least” in the community of the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:11). Well let me see, the foremost of “little” which is the translation of Paul, is ”least ”.

Look I didn't say the law and testimony being Matthew 5:3.

I said, if you look at Matthew chapter 5
Verse 19, Jesus said--"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments"

What least commandments, The ones Jesus just gave back in Verse's 3 thru 16

Those Verse's 3 thru 16 are the law of the kingdom of heaven.

Then I said to you about
Isaiah 8:20--"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them"

The law and testimony, is the word of God.

Isaiah 8:20, has nothing to do with
Matthew 5:3.
So I don't know how you came by that?

2ndpillar

Look I didn't say the law and testimony being Matthew 5:3.

I said, if you look at Matthew chapter 5
Verse 19, Jesus said--"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments"

What least commandments, The ones Jesus just gave back in Verse's 3 thru 16

Those Verse's 3 thru 16 are the law of the kingdom of heaven.

Then I said to you about
Isaiah 8:20--"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them"

The law and testimony, is the word of God.

Isaiah 8:20, has nothing to do with
Matthew 5:3.
So I don't know how you came by that?

You keep calling up down and down up. The “law and the testimony” of Isaiah 8:20, is the same “Law or the Prophets” of Matthew 5:17. Your homily of “Blessed are the poor in spirit” is not the “law and the testimony” nor did Paul, the guy called “least” or anyone else try and “annul” that homily (Matthew 5:19).

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If I am taught strict doctrines by Jesus, the apostles and the primary elders of the 1st century, that is my primary doctrine with is my authority for my faith; if then a church teaches things not in line with this, I shall resist and not accept their dogma.
That wasn't my point.

If you looked at a link about my study on this, it is clear that the body of teachings in letter or book form (scrolls even) were available to the 1st century Christians. This claim that it was created much later by the CC is false.
And that wasn't my point.

How sad. That is not how the 1st century church operated. There, they took turns and let others speak.
What he spoke simply is not at all true since during a typical mass numerous people are usually speaking at different times during it.

I don't know if you are intentionally deflecting my words to mean something I didn't say, or accidentally doing as such, or maybe I'm just not being clear, but I'm not going to waste my time or yours trying to defend that which I didn't say.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In general, no one is “confrontational in a church”. No one is allowed to speak except the preacher or priest.

Sorry, I was raised in the Roman Catholic Church of the early 1960’s whereas the mass was in Latin, and bible reading by the peons was not encouraged.
In your first quote above you used the present tense, but in your latter post you used the past tense. I don't know if your first post was accidental in using the present tense or intentional, so maybe you can clear the air on this?

BTW, best to quote me as I almost missed seeing your response.

Grandliseur

I don't know if you are intentionally deflecting my words to mean something I didn't say, or accidentally doing as such, or maybe I'm just not being clear, but I'm not going to waste my time or yours trying to defend that which I didn't say.
If I have misunderstood something, let me know. Of course, at times our differences are a matter of culture and upbringing, what we know and are used to.