• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Witches and magick

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've heard a little bit of talk of magick lately on RF. It's possible that some of my own words might have brought on the subject, but I don't know who started the subject, and it doesn't matter to me, but I just wanted to explain my own way of magick, which may not be magick at all.

When we speak of magick, what seems to come to mind for me and some others, quite often, is witchcraft. I don't know everything there is to know about witchcraft, but I have assumed that magick in witchcraft often involves slow concentration when magick and spell-casting are used.

I'm a Hindu, Left Hand Path, devoted to Shiva, and I do my wishes a little differently. I get into a trance, connecting with Shiva, then I think about my wills. I focus all my spiritual concentration on manifesting those wills, then I use my spiritual senses to try to "send them". This whole process is something that happens very quickly. While it takes warming up, the mere matter of the rest happens in probably under a minute. No spell books. No slow processes. Just what I stated.

One other thing I wanted to say is that despite my differences, something I would be willing to do is try out spell-casting among witches, following their instructions, even if it's way different, as I'd consider such an experience a positive experience for me, potentially, enough to interest me.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I've heard a little bit of talk of magick lately on RF. It's possible that some of my own words might have brought on the subject, but I don't know who started the subject, and it doesn't matter to me, but I just wanted to explain my own way of magick, which may not be magick at all.

When we speak of magick, what seems to come to mind for me and some others, quite often, is witchcraft. I don't know everything there is to know about witchcraft, but I have assumed that magick in witchcraft often involves slow concentration when magick and spell-casting are used.

I'm a Hindu, Left Hand Path, devoted to Shiva, and I do my wishes a little differently. I get into a trance, connecting with Shiva, then I think about my wills. I focus all my spiritual concentration on manifesting those wills, then I use my spiritual senses to try to "send them". This whole process is something that happens very quickly. While it takes warming up, the mere matter of the rest happens in probably under a minute. No spell books. No slow processes. Just what I stated.

One other thing I wanted to say is that despite my differences, something I would be willing to do is try out spell-casting among witches, following their instructions, even if it's way different, as I'd consider such an experience a positive experience for me, potentially, enough to interest me.

In conversations with a Wiccan, they told me magick was basically prayer with props.
I wonder if doing the Rosary would be considered as magick.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Ever sensed the energy was off in a room? Witches often sense energy. Use their intuition all the time. All forms of magick

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Ever sensed the energy was off in a room? Witches often sense energy. Use their intuition all the time. All forms of magick

I do that all the time! That'd be funny if I some day have to add "witch" to the long list of things I am. Well, not funny. Just ironic.

VoidCat

I do that all the time! That'd be funny if I some day have to add "witch" to the long list of things I am. Well, not funny. Just ironic.
Well a witch is a person who actively uses and seeks to use magick. Who actively tries to get involved with the spiritual realm through magick and seeking out knowledge

VoidCat

Witchcraft is a spiritual practice older then Wicca centuries older separate from religion any can practice

VoidCat

I'm thinking that by your definition - I'm a witch. You'd be surprised by some of my spiritual practices (or not).
Eh if you want to call yourself one. Give me a minute...imma give a more through definition.

VoidCat

Ok so witches try to pursue a path of knowledge through magick. Magick is complicated to explain. Basically it's ritual to achieve a result. The root of it tho is energy and intent. I could go more in depth but it's hard to generalize many different opinions