• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wisdom and You

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Wisdom...

What does it mean to you?

Defined as "the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise" (Oxford Languages).

Is more than just being smart or intelligent. It is the ultimate culmination of experience, knowledge and sound judgement. Experience being what one gains by performing an action, right or wrong; knowledge, the banking of this experience for later usage, and when one uses both experience and knowledge together in their affairs, they are executing with wisdom.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To me, wisdom is when the mind/intellect and the heart are united in people's thoughts, words and especially deeds.

passerby

Wisdom is elusive- if you think you have it then you almost certainly don't. I don't strive to be wise, but only recognise what I think wisdom is in others.

Erebus

Here's a quote I've always quite liked:

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

That's more or less how I view the difference between knowledge and wisdom. Somebody may be able to memorise an impressive array of facts but it takes wisdom to understand their context, value and application.

passerby

Here's a quote I've always quite liked:

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

That's more or less how I view the difference between knowledge and wisdom. Somebody may be able to memorise an impressive array of facts but it takes wisdom to understand their context, value and application.

That isn't wisdom its common sense!

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Wisdom...

Defined as "the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise" (Oxford Languages).

Is more than just being smart or intelligent. It is the ultimate culmination of experience, knowledge and sound judgement. Experience being what one gains by performing an action, right or wrong; knowledge, the banking of this experience for later usage, and when one uses both experience and knowledge together in their affairs, they are executing with wisdom.

'Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.'

1 Corinthians 3:18

I think we can all agree that wisdom is more than just knowledge?

'One who is wise is cautious and turns away from evil, but a fool is reckless and careless.'

Proverbs 14:16

IMO

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Wisdom...

when to use the word......no