• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wiping out Christianity and all other condemning religions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shlomoh

Edit: None of the things anyone has said here are relevant to anything I have said. People seem to be offended and that is not the type of message I was intending.

I mentioned before that I am completely undecided when it comes to any religious view. I am open to scientific materialism and other views of God, the afterlife, and the paranormal. I wish I wasn't though because that means I am open to the possibility of Christianity.

Well there is no empirical evidence for any god's existence so I don't believe in the supernatural but if evidence show up and it's believable, I'll believe

ronandcarol

Premium Member
Wiping out Christianity!
The reason why there is so much Christianity-bashing is because
people do not want to be held accountable for their wrong-doings. Whenever something comes up that is contrary to the Bible, people are upset when it is pointed out. They would rather do wrong and not be told it is wrong. Christianity is not the problem, it is a solution.

ronandcarol

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
A subtle point, but God (of Christianity) does not send you to hell for disbelief. People are sent to hell for the sins they commit. Disbelief is like being on death row and rejecting the Governor's pardon. You can't really blame the Governor for that.

I see your point. That would mean if I never sinned today and died today, I would go to heaven even though I don't believe in god at all?

I'm not sure if it's most, but I'd say many. Being libertarian I naturally disagree with banning things even if they offend me.

I would much prefer that the abrahamic religions adapt as is inevitable. Suppression of the extremist sects will only cause backlash.
But we cannot allow resurgence such as put Trump in the position he is in now. Given the cabinet he is putting together, and the "religious council" he created he bids fair to undo the last 70 years of progress .

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Worldviews, in my honest opinion, should only stay within the boundaries of the individual. Once these worldviews carry on over to the lives of other people and starts condemning them, that is when it has gone too far. This can drive open minded people like me and even atheists and scientific materialists to violence.
Are you meaning to threaten people?
It is not just religious people who start wars and violence, other secular people can also be driven to wars and violence upon these condemning religious people as well. So it would be best, in my honest opinion, if these types of condemning religions were wiped out and never existed. It is disrespect towards kind hedonists such as me and many other people as well.
So in order to keep yourself from being violent you're going to use violence. That is circular thinking.
Edit: None of the things anyone has said here are relevant to anything I have said. People seem to be offended and that is not the type of message I was intending.

I mentioned before that I am completely undecided when it comes to any religious view. I am open to scientific materialism and other views of God, the afterlife, and the paranormal. I wish I wasn't though because that means I am open to the possibility of Christianity.

Now I am fine with people having their own worldviews, but when that said worldview imposes upon me and condemns my way of life as sinful, that is when you have gone too far. I am a hedonist and, according to Christianity and many other religions, I would be sent to hell since it is a selfish way of living. I am not living in obedience to any God and that would condemn me to hell.

Worldviews, in my honest opinion, should only stay within the boundaries of the individual. Once these worldviews carry on over to the lives of other people and starts condemning them, that is when it has gone too far. This can drive open minded people like me and even atheists and scientific materialists to violence.

It is not just religious people who start wars and violence, other secular people can also be driven to wars and violence upon these condemning religious people as well. So it would be best, in my honest opinion, if these types of condemning religions were wiped out and never existed. It is disrespect towards kind hedonists such as me and many other people as well.

What's even worse is that Christianity is being supported and upheld by many intellectual people and claimed evidence of Jesus' resurrection is being presented.
Why are you saying all this?

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate

Now I am fine with people having their own worldviews, but when that said worldview imposes upon me and condemns my way of life as sinful, that is when you have gone too far. I am a hedonist and, according to Christianity and many other religions, I would be sent to hell since it is a selfish way of living. I am not living in obedience to any God and that would condemn me to hell.

What's even worse is that Christianity is being supported and upheld by many intellectual people and claimed evidence of Jesus' resurrection is being presented.

Let him without sin cast the first stone.

We're all sinners, Christianity, Jesus are there to help us, to remind us that nobody is beyond redemption for their sins, whatever they may be.

i.e. that's the exact opposite of condemnation. Condemnation is what we do to ourselves if we ignore the help that is being offered

dianaiad

I see. You have just used your freedom of expression and your freedom to believe and act according to your religious (or anti-religious) beliefs to inform us that we shouldn't have the freedom to express or act according to ours anywhere you might see or hear us; that your beliefs and lifestyle must be priviledged over everybody else's. What type of message were you intending to send? Because, frankly, if you were intending to send a message of love and peace, I'm not seeing it.

How very condescending of you.

So...you not only want to do what you want and be who you want, you want to be admired and honored for it, above the worldview and values of others. Gotcha.

Worldviews, in my honest opinion, should only stay within the boundaries of the individual.

Except, of course, for yours.

Once these worldviews carry on over to the lives of other people and starts condemning them, that is when it has gone too far.

Now THIS is hypocrisy in action, isn't it? Followed by this gem:

This can drive open minded people like me and even atheists and scientific materialists to violence.

I would call this 'condemnation' and 'carrying over to the lives of other people,' myself.

BTW, "look what you made me do!" isn't a statement that works as a defense for anybody over the age of three. It gets TRIED, of course, but people usually don't buy it.

It is not just religious people who start wars and violence, other secular people can also be driven to wars and violence upon these condemning religious people as well.

Ah. So if the religious start a war, it's their fault, and if the secular folks start a war, it's the fault of the religious folk. Gotcha.

So it would be best, in my honest opinion, if these types of condemning religions were wiped out and never existed. It is disrespect towards kind hedonists such as me and many other people as well.

Amazing how it doesn't matter what belief or value system we are talking about, SOMEONE in it starts talking about how the world would be standing around singing "Imagine" around the bon fire if only y'all could get rid of everybody ELSE'S religious/philosophical/ethical systems---usually including the everybody elses who hold to them. What makes you think that what you are saying here is any different from the Catholic out to kill all the heretics, the Muslims out to kill the infidels, the Protestants out to kill the Catholics, the Christians out to kill the Jews, the Hindus out to get rid of the Muslims, the ancient Americans out to carve the hearts of their opponents, everybody out to kill the Jews, evangelical Christians out to kill the Mormons (or the Jehovah's Witnesses or whoever), the pagans out to kill the early Christians or the Christians out to destroy the pagans?

Congratulations. You have just converted to extremist believer status, no different from the Islamic terrorists, the Inquisition...or Mao, all of whom shared your opinion that their specific viewpoint was the only one appropriate to have, and quite willing to get rid of all the others through violence if necessary.

Whether theist or anti-theist, it's the same viewpoint.

What, you'd be happier if only stupid and ill-educated folks supported Christianity (or Budhism or Islam or Judaism or whatever)? Sorry about that. Some of us ARE smart, intellectual and educated. Some of us are quite aware that blaming the belief system for the actions of those who break its rules is less than logical.

Etritonakin

What is often taught about "hell" is extremely inaccurate -but that is understandable, as the bible is not written in such a manner as to be immediately clear.

(Purposefully so -but that is another subject altogether.... Isaiah 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.)

Actually, what is often taught about the God of the bible is extremely inaccurate.
I intend to obey God and Christ, but I'm not going to obey the God most people teach about, either.

However......
If you apply your statement to the "hell" which is actually described by all relevant verses together in the bible, it would be like saying you would not obey a human authority which would put you in a correctional system if you were a threat to society as a whole -until such time as you were no longer a threat (Except that what God is doing will actually work) -yet the reason they would do so is because you refused to obey reasonable law.

Many read the bible -or a few verses in it -rather quickly, as their mind filters what is read through what is already believed or has been taught. If you are really interested in the subject, read the verses slowly -taking note of what is actually written -and add them all together.

The Ten Commandments are perfectly reasonable -and would make the world a paradise if obeyed.
God's judgments -including an accurate understanding of gehenna/the lake of fire -are that which will cause everyone to become incorruptible -and, in turn, cause and maintain paradise.

The following -describing what will become of those whose works were evil and not good -should be included when considering what is written on the subject.
I Cor 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Last edited:

The Transcended Omniverse

There are so many things you said that just cannot slide.

That’s weird. I wonder why anyone would get offended.

There we go. Wishing you were not open-minded because it “exposes” you to the possibility of Christianity.

You still don’t understand why people might get offended?

You don’t seem to be. You just said that you wished that you were not be open to the possibility of “Christianity” becoming your “worldview”.

You think everyone should just agree with you? No worldviews that oppose your way of life?

And you now wish those religions would be “wiped out”?

So, your response to someone having the belief that your lifestyle is sinful is to destroy/replace their worldview?

For someone complaining about having a worldview “imposed” on them, you seem to have no issue with “imposing” your worldview onto others.

You know, I’m still waiting for you to share how someone “imposed” their worldview onto you.

And this warrants destroying/replacing their worldview with your worldview?

You don’t see how your desire to force people to believe as you do is worse than what you are complaining about?

Yes, of course. You don’t have any self-control, so it would be the “Christians” fault if you were to punch them in the face for disagreeing with you or condemning your selfish lifestyle. (note sarcasm)

You see, I knew you were going to mention violence eventually because you do not care or respect the worldview of others.

You don’t want anyone disagreeing with you or telling you that anything you do is wrong, so you are going to force people to agree with you and “shut up” through violence.

You are a fascist.

You believe that you can blame others for YOU starting a war?

Do you not believe that you should be accountable for what you say and do?

I think it would be best for people like you, who believe that others should be forced by violence to agree with you and that you are not accountable for your own actions should be wiped out and never existed.

Oh no! Your feelings were hurt? That’s an excuse to start World War 3?

How can you describe yourself as “kind” after expressing your opinion that anyone that agrees with you should be wiped out?

I don’t know about any evidence of the Resurrection of Christ, but intellectual people support Christianity because they support the ideals of freedom.

So, to boil it all down.

You provided no evidence of any worldview being "imposed" on you.

Your response to someone disagreeing with you is to force your worldview upon them by means of violence.

You also do not claim any personal responsibility for your violence against someone who disagreed with you.

Everyone else is wrong. It is everyone else's fault if you hurt them. You are right and because of that you feel justified in forcing people to believe as you do through violence.

Wow
No, they do not support the ideals of freedom; they support this whole idea that hedonists such as myself and other people who are kind non-Christians are doomed to hell and that it is morally righteous for that to happen since the Christian God makes the rules and that his rules and morals are right. These people support moral atrocity. So in supporting and upholding Christianity, you go and support and uphold this moral atrocity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.