1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Wiping out Christianity and all other condemning religions

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by The Transcended Omniverse, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Transcended Omniverse

The Transcended Omniverse Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +119
    None of the things anyone has said here are relevant to anything I have said. People seem to be offended and that is not the type of message I was intending.

2. Kirran

Kirran
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,391
    Well perhaps you might like to restate what it is you were saying, because I think that what people are thinking you're saying makes sense to me as a plausible reading of the post.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. The Transcended Omniverse

The Transcended Omniverse Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +119
    Then I might as well just take a knife and butcher myself and laugh while blood is gushing out of me. I am a worthless human being anyway. So that would be the ideal thing to happen. I might as well just throw both myself and my humanity away. It would be ideal that I might as well just give up on myself, my humanity, and butcher myself.

4. DragonHawk1959

Ratings:
    +33
    Religion:
    Pagan
    First, there are religions which encourage hedonism.
    Second, the Abrahamic faiths are evolving. They're also losing their strangle hold on their respective societies. People are deciding for themselves what it means to be Christian, Muslim, or Jewish. The recent election and the situations in the middle east are reactions against these changes.
    The people who voted for Trump are afraid.

As to intellectuals supporting Christianity ... I'm stump. Christianity is hide-bound ANTI INTELLECTUAL. The Bible even says:
    You are not to rely on your own understanding.

5. DragonHawk1959

Ratings:
    +33
    Religion:
    Pagan
    Would those little demon aliens include Ashera, God's wife?

6. DragonHawk1959

Ratings:
    +33
    Religion:
    Pagan
    When did Yahweh go from being a strictly regional sky god to being the omnipotent, omniscient creator of the universe?
    When did he divorce Ashera ?

7. atpollard

atpollard Active Member

Ratings:
    +200
    Religion:
    Reformed Baptist
    A subtle point, but God (of Christianity) does not send you to hell for disbelief. People are sent to hell for the sins they commit. Disbelief is like being on death row and rejecting the Governor's pardon. You can't really blame the Governor for that.

8. whirlingmerc

whirlingmerc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885
    Religion:
    Christian
    Biblical Christianity is not violent. People in history may have done violence in the name of Jesus but not based on the message of Jesus.

I think there is a certain amount of 'I don't want to hear it' opposing Jesus because of personal preference... clearly Jesus was killed related to such, but that's a form of denial and not listening to God. Cain didn't want to learn from his experience related to Abel and wouldn't leave 'the dark side' which ate him alive... nothing new...

The gospel is an invitation to come home and the power to come home

9. Jumi

Jumi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,459
    Religion:
    Secular theist (none)
    You could blame the Governor for not sending you a pardon.

10. DragonHawk1959

Ratings:
    +33
    Religion:
    Pagan
    NO, that's not what he's saying.
    He wants a society in which those who would condemn people who are doing no harm don't get to write the laws.
    And for the last 8 years extremist Christians have been advocating civil war "To bring America back to God."

11. DragonHawk1959

Ratings:
    +33
    Religion:
    Pagan
    It isn't?
    None who do not hate their father and mother can follow me.
    I come not to bring peace but the sword.
    If you have not a sword, then sell your cloak and buy one.
    You are to slay even your brother if he believes differently than you do.

12. DragonHawk1959

Ratings:
    +33
    Religion:
    Pagan
    Then what of those who convert, after decades or even a lifetime?

13. Rapha

Rapha Active Member

Ratings:
    +44
    Religion:
    Universal
    Yes. It is Yahweh's wife who wants to be classed as a goddess. Just another little predictable terrorist daemon. Just like all the other little fallen angels.

14. DragonHawk1959

Ratings:
    +33
    Religion:
    Pagan
    Being offended is why most things which are banned are verboten.

15. Prestor John

Prestor John Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Latter-Day Saint
    There are so many things you said that just cannot slide.
    That’s weird. I wonder why anyone would get offended.
    There we go. Wishing you were not open-minded because it “exposes” you to the possibility of Christianity.

You still don’t understand why people might get offended?
    You don’t seem to be. You just said that you wished that you were not be open to the possibility of “Christianity” becoming your “worldview”.
    You think everyone should just agree with you? No worldviews that oppose your way of life?
    And you now wish those religions would be “wiped out”?

So, your response to someone having the belief that your lifestyle is sinful is to destroy/replace their worldview?

For someone complaining about having a worldview “imposed” on them, you seem to have no issue with “imposing” your worldview onto others.

You know, I’m still waiting for you to share how someone “imposed” their worldview onto you.
    And this warrants destroying/replacing their worldview with your worldview?

You don’t see how your desire to force people to believe as you do is worse than what you are complaining about?
    Yes, of course. You don’t have any self-control, so it would be the “Christians” fault if you were to punch them in the face for disagreeing with you or condemning your selfish lifestyle. (note sarcasm)

You see, I knew you were going to mention violence eventually because you do not care or respect the worldview of others.

You don’t want anyone disagreeing with you or telling you that anything you do is wrong, so you are going to force people to agree with you and “shut up” through violence.

You are a fascist.
    You believe that you can blame others for YOU starting a war?

Do you not believe that you should be accountable for what you say and do?
    I think it would be best for people like you, who believe that others should be forced by violence to agree with you and that you are not accountable for your own actions should be wiped out and never existed.
    Oh no! Your feelings were hurt? That’s an excuse to start World War 3?

How can you describe yourself as “kind” after expressing your opinion that anyone that agrees with you should be wiped out?
    I don’t know about any evidence of the Resurrection of Christ, but intellectual people support Christianity because they support the ideals of freedom.

So, to boil it all down.

You provided no evidence of any worldview being "imposed" on you.

Your response to someone disagreeing with you is to force your worldview upon them by means of violence.

You also do not claim any personal responsibility for your violence against someone who disagreed with you.

Everyone else is wrong. It is everyone else's fault if you hurt them. You are right and because of that you feel justified in forcing people to believe as you do through violence.

Wow

#35 Prestor John, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  16. Blastcat

Blastcat Active Member

Ratings:
    +141
    Religion:
    None

Hmmm you advocate against violence and then you advocate for it. I think it's time for some thinking.

For or against violence, my friend?

:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Carmel

Carmel New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Religion:
    Bahá'í Faith
    What, exactly, is the type of message you're intending? Because to me the OP reads -- somewhat ironically -- as a blanket condemnation of those who believe that your lifestyle is wrong. And because people disagree with you, and believe that your lifestyle is wrong, they and their religions ought to be wiped out.

So, lets kiss goodbye to the Baha'i Faith, Orthodox Judaism, several major types of Christianity, mainstream Islam, etc. etc. because they hurt your feelings.

18. lewisnotmiller

lewisnotmiller Grand Hat

Ratings:
    +12,113
    Religion:
    atheist
    Wow. That might be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read. Congratulations.

• Like Like x 1
  19. lewisnotmiller

lewisnotmiller Grand Hat

Ratings:
    +12,113
    Religion:
    atheist
    If it does, they deserve condemnation.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jumi

Jumi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,459
    Religion:
    Secular theist (none)
    I'm not sure if it's most, but I'd say many. Being libertarian I naturally disagree with banning things even if they offend me.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.