• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Windows 10 Login screens

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I usually don't connect to the internet when logging on, with a laptop, and doing so I often don't get the descriptions available that come with any new Log-in screen displayed. I'm not that bothered usually as to knowing where a particular image might come from but occasionally I would like to know. It seems that the images are supposedly buried in some Windows folder for a time before vanishing, and I have located one or two when knowing such locations. Recently however the image either vanished before I could snare it - and then do a reverse search for where it was - or it was located elsewhere. :grimacing:

The image was a daytime lake or river scene with shore buildings and mountains in the background - anyone know where it was - it being in use over the last week or more? I've searched Google Images but nothing seems to come up that resembles the image. :(

ohiogrown

I googled windows spotlight images 2021, which brought up a dedicated site windows10spotlight.com and a pinterest page with pics. I’m a little leery about pointing people to sites I personally don’t know anything about, but you could use site:windows10spotlight.com to see what images google has saved from there.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Just visited the site in in @ohiogrown s post, i think you are looking for

Village illumination with mountain range reflection on coastline at dawn, Lofoten Islands, Norway

https://windows10spotlight.com/images/53960056acbcf3b7a4cd30f761c2e747

53960056acbcf3b7a4cd30f761c2e747-1024x576.jpg

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Just visited the site in in @ohiogrown s post, i think you are looking for

Village illumination with mountain range reflection on coastline at dawn, Lofoten Islands, Norway

https://windows10spotlight.com/images/53960056acbcf3b7a4cd30f761c2e747

View attachment 56933
Thanks, but it isn't this one. The view I saw is much closer to the land and with more detail in the structures. I just can't seem to figure out the right combination of terms to get it whilst searching unless MS are deliberately hiding it from me. :D

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I googled windows spotlight images 2021, which brought up a dedicated site windows10spotlight.com and a pinterest page with pics. I’m a little leery about pointing people to sites I personally don’t know anything about, but you could use site:windows10spotlight.com to see what images google has saved from there.
Thanks. Plenty of images to trawl through, and every category I try for seems to have more images. :D I suspect the image might not have been added to their catalogue yet. :cry:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I think the image was more like this but more frontal than side, and this found in the Lake category.

6dc8e143559ceb89f3edc2cc90fcfefd.jpg

And perhaps something like this - Hallstatt in Austria

austria-hallstatt-hallstatter-see-top-attractions-st-wolfgang.jpg

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You could try an image search using your image as the search

Or google "windows 10 spotlight images" and check on the image results

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well the screen came around again so I managed to snare it - Malcesine Castle - Lake Garda - Italy, and very nice it is too. :D

Malcesine Castle - Lake Garda - Italy.jpg