• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Window on the world

Rational Agnostic

Not so much a topic for discussion (what forum does this really belong in?), but a fun and interesting way to pass some time and get a change in scenery in these days of COVID lockdown. This site allows you to look out of other people's windows (real time I believe, but maybe not) from all over the world.

WindowSwap

Wow, I'm probably gonna be wasting a lot of time on this site.:D

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Wow, I'm probably gonna be wasting a lot of time on this site.:D

Me, too.

One activity I enjoy is searching for businesses that I find in various media. One day while watching Live PD, I saw Mini Ha Ha Bingo off the Interstate in Oklahoma City, and searched for it. I don't know why that's fascinating, but making this kind of connection feels otherworldly for me.

I did a jigsaw puzzle themed Lake George (NY state, US) made from a tourist map showing ads and locations for assorted advertisers around the lake, including Ray's Helova Deli, which I then searched for and looked at the pictures used to make the map. It's a spiritual feeling. A type of connectivity.

On this site, I was watching a region of London called Brixton which was of a commercial street. Habesha Restaurant and Bar was two doors down from Brixton Carpets. I found them both. I was looking at Brixton Hill (street).

Is there a site looking into random windows?

One window I watched through had a table just inside the wall, with a reflection of the owner in it.

PureX

Veteran Member
This was the view out my window back when I was an artist living in an industrial loft on Chicago's near west side. It was probably taken sometime around 1997.

city.jpg

PureX

Veteran Member
Not so much a topic for discussion (what forum does this really belong in?), but a fun and interesting way to pass some time and get a change in scenery in these days of COVID lockdown. This site allows you to look out of other people's windows (real time I believe, but maybe not) from all over the world.

WindowSwap
I'm a little disappointed by how similar they all are!

ecco

Veteran Member
Soon we will have houses and apartments with no windows. Just a series of flat large screen HHDDTVs mounted on the walls. We will be able to select from an almost unlimited number of scenes.

You could look out your North facing "window" and see the Rockies. Out of the South facing- a Hawaiian beach.

PureX

Veteran Member
Soon we will have houses and apartments with no windows. Just a series of flat large screen HHDDTVs mounted on the walls. We will be able to select from an almost unlimited number of scenes.

You could look out your North facing "window" and see the Rockies. Out of the South facing- a Hawaiian beach.
Around the world and virus-free! :)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

WindowSwap

Man, my apartment window in Auckland would have been a winner on this site. Out one side we overlooked the a key docklands entertainment district, so we got to see the drunk people interacting and stumbling home. Out the other side we overlooked an open field carpark where people would leave their cars whilst they went off for 'just one drink'.

Add a few hours to the mix and you get drunk people stumbling back to find their cars are wearing 'boots' from the parking officers.

Good times...