• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Win by losing

Spiderman

Veteran Member
$_35.jpg
I was praying really hard that the Vikings would win today, all I can say now is "my God my God why have you forsaken me."

I prayed that God would guide all of their plays and curse Philadelphia Eagles to throw interceptions and make stupid plays.

I was hoping the forces of heaven would bless the Vikings and the forces of hell would curse the eagles. I even prayed to woden, Thor, frigg, freyja, and for the Viking gods and goddesses and spirits of deceased Vikings to all help our team.

The Super Bowl is in my hometown this year, and so it was very important that Vikings would win this game to have a historic Superbowl in their hometown.

God taught me a valuable lesson. The Vikings got their butt kicked worse this game than any other games all year, and this was the only game that I prayed for them to win this year. My prayers did the opposite. The lesson is bless and do not curse. I should have never cursed the Philadelphia Eagles. The other lesson is that God doesn't care about football.

(I prophesy that the Patriots will win the Superbowl. They are God's favorite team. God is patriotic. ):p

Anyway, I asked God why he let me down, and the answer he seemed to give me is that he wins by losing.

If Jesus was truly God incarnate, look at how he chose to conquer. He chose to be defeated, humiliated, rejected, disappointed, tortured, abandoned by the apostles, and murdered. He chose to win by losing.

God also wants me to be happy about them losing. Just like God wants me to be happy that Christ was crucified. God wants us to be happy about disappointments. He wants us to genuinely feel joy when we are disappointed and be happy about it.

I read a book about a guy that learned that God wanted him to praise him every time something bad happened and thank him for that bad event, and feel genuine joy about the bad thing happening. I was able to truly feel joy about the Vikings losing. By praising God for the disappointments in life, and thanking God for them, it releases God's power into the situation to bring as much good out of it as possible.

I was really looking forward to a historical game where the Vikings win the Superbowl in their hometown. Praise God they lost. Thank you Jesus. Allelujah! :)

It is good for one's Health to accept all things as if they were the best. Being miserable and disappointed over it does absolutely nothing. Being happy about it is good for the health!

Go Vikings!
$_35.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It would be very easy to praise God if the Vikings had one. It is difficult to praise God now that they've lost. Praise means more to God when it's difficult

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
It would be very easy to praise God if the Vikings had one. It is difficult to praise God now that they've lost. Praise means more to God when it's difficult

Why would you pray over such trivial things?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
View attachment 20128 I was praying really hard that the Vikings would win today, all I can say now is "my God my God why have you forsaken me."

I prayed that God would guide all of their plays and curse Philadelphia Eagles to throw interceptions and make stupid plays.

I was hoping the forces of heaven would bless the Vikings and the forces of hell would curse the eagles. I even prayed to woden, Thor, frigg, freyja, and for the Viking gods and goddesses and spirits of deceased Vikings to all help our team.

The Super Bowl is in my hometown this year, and so it was very important that Vikings would win this game to have a historic Superbowl in their hometown.

God taught me a valuable lesson. The Vikings got their butt kicked worse this game than any other games all year, and this was the only game that I prayed for them to win this year. My prayers did the opposite. The lesson is bless and do not curse. I should have never cursed the Philadelphia Eagles. The other lesson is that God doesn't care about football.

(I prophesy that the Patriots will win the Superbowl. They are God's favorite team. God is patriotic. ):p

Anyway, I asked God why he let me down, and the answer he seemed to give me is that he wins by losing.

If Jesus was truly God incarnate, look at how he chose to conquer. He chose to be defeated, humiliated, rejected, disappointed, tortured, abandoned by the apostles, and murdered. He chose to win by losing.

God also wants me to be happy about them losing. Just like God wants me to be happy that Christ was crucified. God wants us to be happy about disappointments. He wants us to genuinely feel joy when we are disappointed and be happy about it.

I read a book about a guy that learned that God wanted him to praise him every time something bad happened and thank him for that bad event, and feel genuine joy about the bad thing happening. I was able to truly feel joy about the Vikings losing. By praising God for the disappointments in life, and thanking God for them, it releases God's power into the situation to bring as much good out of it as possible.

I was really looking forward to a historical game where the Vikings win the Superbowl in their hometown. Praise God they lost. Thank you Jesus. Allelujah! :)

It is good for one's Health to accept all things as if they were the best. Being miserable and disappointed over it does absolutely nothing. Being happy about it is good for the health!

Go Vikings!
$_35.JPG
you must have lost a bundle on the bet....

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Why would pray over such trivial things?
Because, when I was in jail, I thought there was a spirit with me and I asked my dad that person's last name, what the nationality was, and he said it's Swedish , did you know you have Swedish on your mother's side, I didn't know that and the swedes were Vikings, and that's the reason Why the Vikings is my favorite football team.... It would have been very precious to me if the Vikings had made it to the Superbowl when it was celebrated in their own City, and The Vikings have never won the Superbowl.

Besides, football aint Trivial! :mad:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If the Vikings had won, it would have increased my confidence in God, that is one reason why it was important to me.... But oh well! I'm happy about it, praise God!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
With all the problems this world, and the people in it face everyday. Which football team wins on any given day is not of any importance.
It taught me a valuable lesson...so I guess it was important....it taught me to praise God for disappointments

Enoch07

Premium Member
That is what the Dallas Cowboys claimed and tried to do, and look what happened to them,

A waste of time. Maybe if they didn't blow their millions on prostitutes and drugs, while complaining how "Life ain't fair". :shrug:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
With all the problems this world, and the people in it face everyday. Which football team wins on any given day is not of any importance.
Kind of like with all the problems in the world, who cares about making fun of Elisha's bald head....God cares about something so little

23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Kind of like with all the problems in the world, who cares about making fun of Elisha's bald head....God cares about something so little

23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.

Moral of the story, don't mess with Elijah! :p

To be fair, your pretty far from being an Elijah. But so am I so it is what is. ;)

Enoch07

Premium Member
I've always wondered that myself.

I would be a liar to not mention I am guilty of this myself when I didn't know any better. But as I've gotten to be the old fart that I am, things come into perspective a bit clearer.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
"God is a godamned f*g"
- John Gotti on F.B.I survelliance tape after losing a bet

*English word for cigarette

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I would be a liar to not mention I am guilty of this myself when I didn't know any better. But as I've gotten to be the old fart that I am, things come into perspective a bit clearer.
The point I was trying to make is that Christ won by losing

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Here is why my prayers aren't answered:
“Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor His ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities (sins) have separated you from God; your sins have hidden his face from you so that He will not hear” (Isaiah 59:1-2).