• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Willful Machines: Is AI a Threat to Humanity?

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
I wish I had been born in the era to come, oh well at least I could always start believing in reincarnation, what a time to exist, I see glimpses of it now.

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
A guaranteed minimum income is another possibility and also fits in well with increasingly ad-hoc working arrangements that are a likely aspect of the future economy.
That is the case in all EU nations now effectively.

VioletVortex

Not directly, at least not any more threatening than a human. Keep in mind, though, that there are plenty of sociopaths out there.

Artificial intelligence could replace human intelligence in someway, thus overall causing a decline in intelligence.

Nous

Premium Member
Not directly, at least not any more threatening than a human. Keep in mind, though, that there are plenty of sociopaths out there.
And a couple of the sociopaths have the power to launch nuclear weapons. Surely that is as much a threat to human existence as the future abilities of digital computers.