• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you condemn “Great Replacement Theory”?

Do you condemn Great Replacement Theory? (Votes will be visible)

• Total voters

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
White supremacy is bad. Violent white supremacy is very bad. Few people will disagree with that.

That doesn't clarify what you mean by GRT though.

Opposition to excessive immigration is often because of cultural differences, not 'racial' differences. Is this GRT?

On the other hand, I've seen people complain about white people moving into traditionally minority areas and resulting gentrification. Is this GRT as it is a racial preference?
Replacement Theory, as promulgated almost endlessly by Fox News (especially Tucker Carlson) is quite explicit -- that other races, aided and abetted by "the Jews" are out to replace the rightful "owners" of the United States -- the white race.

Remember what was being chanted in Charlottesville, that caused Trump to proclaim "very fine people on both sides:"

"Jews will not replace us. You will not replace us."

But in my view, maybe those folks are just projecting their own guilt, because they know full well that that is precisely what they did to the people who were the "real" Americans until Plymouth -- indigenous people's. Yes, they took their land, bundled them up to live on reservations, tried to get the "Indian" out of their children through residential school systems (we did it in Canada, too, but we're in the process of admitting it and trying to reconcile).

And they themselves (well, their ancestors) filled the nation with black people -- but only because they saw them as little different than draft animals and washing machines.

And having done all that, they've now managed to convince themselves that it could happen to them, and it terrifies them.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
So your response to me asking for evidence for rampant racism is to say you are a racist because you had to ask. Well that is an idiotic and dishonest response.
I posted a link, thus I provided some evidence that you called for, and yet the best you can do is to post the above?

Frankly, based on some other of your posts I've read, it came as no surprise whatsoever. Thus, read your post above and look in the mirror so as to see where the problem really lies. If you can't see the racism with some on the right, then you're being either intellectually blind or dishonest or both. If you have nothing to offer here but sarcasm, they why are you even here at Religious Forums?

Clizby Wampuscat

I posted a link, thus I provided some evidence that you called for, and yet the best you can do is to post the above?

Frankly, based on some other of your posts I've read, it came as no surprise whatsoever. Thus, read your post above and look in the mirror so as to see where the problem really lies. If you can't see the racism with some on the right, then you're being either intellectually blind or dishonest or both. If you have nothing to offer here but sarcasm, they why are you even here at Religious Forums?
I am not being sarcastic at all. I am serious.

Show me where I have ever said that racism does not exist on the right. You said rampant racism, a Gish gallop of evidence from one person does not indicate rampant racism.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I am not being sarcastic at all. I am serious.

Show me where I have ever said that racism does not exist on the right. You said rampant racism, a Gish gallop of evidence from one person does not indicate rampant racism.
I've lost interest in even trying to have a conversation with you.

Also, maybe check some of the Pew polling on racial attitudes and party affiliation, and "Scientific American" has also printed the results of studies on this over the last decade.

Clizby Wampuscat

I've lost interest in even trying to have a conversation with you.

Also, maybe check some of the Pew polling on racial attitudes and party affiliation, and "Scientific American" has also printed the results of studies on this over the last decade.

So you have no evidence to present for rampant racism on the right.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Yes there are racist people. Where is the rampant racism on the right? Trump has said many times racism is evil.
And the head of the KKK said he wasn’t racist. Racist don’t say they are racist, certainly not on TV.

But Trump did say “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. Those are the kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else.”

Trumps racism is so clearly well established I don’t know what more can be said.

Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2020

Some just don’t want to see it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Hitler was a leftist, after all.

lol, oh wow..
crowdchart.png

Nope.
https://www.politicalcompass.org/

Clizby Wampuscat

And the head of the KKK said he wasn’t racist. Racist don’t say they are racist, certainly not on TV.
Never said they did.

But Trump did say “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. Those are the kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else.”
A second hand quote from a personal conversation 30 years ago in a book by a disgruntled employee. Trump is no saint but if he is as blatant a racist as you say there must be better sources than this. Even if Trump is racist it does not mean there is rampant racism as claimed.

Trumps racism is so clearly well established I don’t know what more can be said.

Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2020

Some just don’t want to see it.
So to you pointing out Muslims have committed terrorism, dislike NFL players kneeling, pointing out that some people crossing the border are criminals, his politically incorrect humor and calling Covid the Chinese virus are racist comments. What actions did Trump take as President that was racist and negatively affected minorities?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Never said they did.

A second hand quote from a personal conversation 30 years ago in a book by a disgruntled employee. Trump is no saint but if he is as blatant a racist as you say there must be better sources than this. Even if Trump is racist it does not mean there is rampant racism as claimed.

So to you pointing out Muslims have committed terrorism, dislike NFL players kneeling, pointing out that some people crossing the border are criminals, his politically incorrect humor and calling Covid the Chinese virus are racist comments. What actions did Trump take as President that was racist and negatively affected minorities?
What about using chemical weapons on American citizens during a BLM demonstration?

Clizby Wampuscat

Well, he was at the top of the chain and he demand tough measures so he got that. Sometimes it is not a direct authorization, but rather the boss signals what he wants and then those under him do it.
So you believe the Seattle police department looked to Trump to see how to handle protesters? Ok.

Also , where did Trump say to use these weapons?